2023 legend slot

ProperTea

47 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Not seen another act go from such a low slot so recently, to legend slot?

Also I’m pretty sure plenty have said Blondie are awful these days?

(although I guess that didn’t stop Diro)

DiRo has the bangers though and no one was really surprised that a grandma who’s pushing 80 doesn’t sound as good as she once did! Legend.

• Upvote 1

The only problem with Blondie's last appearance was they packed out the set with some new/lesser known stuff. Give us the hits only and it would be tremendous. 

Would be weird having played the festival a few times before in normal slots though.

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The only problem with Blondie's last appearance was they packed out the set with some new/lesser known stuff. Give us the hits only and it would be tremendous. 

Would be weird having played the festival a few times before in normal slots though.

saw them last year on their arena tour and it was pretty much a greatest hits set.  Sounded great too.  I think if they are there they're more likely for other opener than legends though.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Struggling to see beyond Robbie and the Durannies at the moment.

Although I guess Stevie Nicks does have a textbook GSH in her US dates.

Not to mention Billy Joel taking a break in his and Stevie's joint US dates to come to the UK, not improbable to think she'd come over with him for a guest appearance at BST... And then do Glastonbury when she's here.

I don't know why I do this to myself. It's Duran Duran init.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Billy Joel would be a different kind of incredible. But my mate who's missed out on a ticket is already unbelievably pissed off about missing Elton. Chuck BJ in the mix and he'd be broken.

He's actually too similar to Reg if you're wanting to book a nicely balanced Pyramid lineup.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

erm. Surely that's not gonna happen now?

As Stevie is the last of the 3 classic singers remaining, the line between an FM show and Stevie solo is now pretty thin.

That said, I can certainly see that Mick and John would still want to tour. Just not sure what the set-lists would look like. Could Buckingham be lured back? 

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

As Stevie is the last of the 3 classic singers remaining, the line between an FM show and Stevie solo is now pretty thin.

That said, I can certainly see that Mick and John would still want to tour. Just not sure what the set-lists would look like. Could Buckingham be lured back? 

There was an interview with Christine not long before she died were she said John isn't in the best of health either these days and Stevie basically told FM's manager its him or me regarding Buckingham because he apparently smirked behind her when she was making a speech at an awards ceremony. They were seen with fleetood at a memorial service for CM in LA this week though so who knows basically 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn’t be disappointed with DD but would be elsewhere, the legend slot can be great, but it’s also a right ball-ache with how busy it is and takes a chunk out of your Sunday if you want a half decent spot.

DD just don’t quite cut it for me in the legendary stakes, so would happily be elsewhere if it’s them.

Stevie Nicks would be unmissable though, as would Spice Girls, but more because it would get the whole group together and be a laugh more than it being a legend I couldn’t miss.

I’m enjoying it being such a mystery though, which unlike a number of the last few legends lends it more to being someone like Robbie (I know he’s an exclusive elsewhere, but it’s Glastonbury) not saying it’s him but it seems more likely that it’s someone with other stuff to sell.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them appear again with LB back in the mix.

My gut tells me FM won’t tour again. John is really not well by all accounts, LB’s voice has gone after the surgery and media indications are that he and Stevie are back on bad terms. With the loss of Christine it just feels final.