Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

A lot of them have the correct specific date listed for other festivals though. For example Four Tet above has the Saturday down for BBK and that’s the day he’s listed on their poster. So logical to assume the Friday listed for Glastonbury is also correct. 

Oh 100% (clearly some acts have to be playing on the Friday). More I was saying that some might just have the first date of the festival in their eyes listed while it’s finalised. Have def seen similar happen on artists tour pages before

8 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Oh 100% (clearly some acts have to be playing on the Friday). More I was saying that some might just have the first date of the festival in their eyes listed while it’s finalised. Have def seen similar happen on artists tour pages before

Yeah. Some will, some won't. I think a pinch of salt is taken with many of those. There is always a margin of error between the info we put together and the actual stage splits but it's alls we got!

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Unfortunately she is already occupied on that day

CHXCX240622.png

This is such a weird gig. It’s difficult to know whether she’s actually there in person or it’s a DJ. Poster makes it look like a tribute night.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Think Charli might be on the Sunday against Kenny.

Yeah think you’re right.

Billie, Macca, Kendrick

Foals, Megan/Doja, PSB

Little Simz, ??, Bicep

??, ??, Charlie XCX 

First Aid Kit, Caribou, ??

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I had Primal Scream down for the Sunday JP what with the lack of any real guitar act that night, although tbh JP is wide open this year and there are tons of acts on the poster who could end up headlining it. 

Billie, Macca, Kendrick

Foals, Megan/Doja, PSB

Bonobo, Little Simz, Bicep

Primal Scream, Glass Animals, Charlie XCX 

First Aid Kit, Caribou, Fontaines DC

What about something like that?

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I had Primal Scream down for the Sunday JP what with the lack of any real guitar act that night, although tbh JP is wide open this year and there are tons of acts on the poster who could end up headlining it. 

Yeah I think this too. I’ve said before but they always seem to book an older guitar band in JP whenever there’s hip-hop on the Pyramid. Primal Scream against Kendrick and Charli against Macca make a bit more sense.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Billie, Macca, Kendrick

Foals, Megan/Doja, PSB

Primal Scream, Glass Animals, Charlie XCX 

First Aid Kit, Caribou, Fontaines DC

What about something like that?

I reckon Saturday on the Park will have some Pitchfork-y indie like Mitski or Big Thief, but yeah otherwise that’s what I’m thinking at the moment. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I think this too. I’ve said before but they always seem to book an older guitar band in JP whenever there’s hip-hop on the Pyramid. Primal Scream against Kendrick and Charli against Macca make a bit more sense.

Although would they really want Simz, Doja/Megan (if it’s them) and Charlie up at the same time?

Avalanches told me they have no idea what day / stage they are playing. Not sure if they are telling the truth or not.

Anybody got any idea on Caribou and Fontaines?

They were both meant to play park in 2020 and would love either of them to headline Friday / Sunday. I fear Caribou is set for the Saturday night slot though 

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Although would they really want Simz, Doja/Megan (if it’s them) and Charlie up at the same time?

Maybe not, I suppose those three and an electronic act (Caribou on the Park probably) would work in terms of giving plenty of options for younger demographics while Macca is on. I think there will definitely be some sort of guitar act on the Sunday night, so perhaps it will be your Fontaines DC shout which I could see happening.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Maybe not, I suppose those three and an electronic act (Caribou on the Park probably) would work in terms of giving plenty of options for younger demographics while Macca is on. I think there will definitely be some sort of guitar act on the Sunday night, so perhaps it will be your Fontaines DC shout which I could see happening.

I just find it amusing I’m pissing myself off with my own prediction. 

So putting Burna as an other headliner to one side - does this seem feasible? Sorry if I’ve missed an important nugget it’s been a bit all over the place!

Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar

Foals, TBA, Pet Shop Boys

Primal Scream, Burna Boy, Charli XCX

Phoebe Bridgers, Caribou, Róisín Murphy

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, The Waterboys, Suzanne Vega

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

So putting Burna as an other headliner to one side - does this seem feasible? Sorry if I’ve missed an important nugget it’s been a bit all over the place!

Lack of guitars Sunday but pretty similar to Mine so no real arguments to it here

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

I just find it amusing I’m pissing myself off with my own prediction. 

You’ve pissed me off as well if it’s an consolation.

Really set my heart on a Fontaines DC/Caribou double on the Park on the Friday.

I don’t think Fontaines at playing John Peel though. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Still think Saturday is missing a modern indie/rock option. 

Its probably quite likely that we're missing a headliner or two given we're still waiting for a third of the lineup. 

Edited by the wonderwhy