The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

This thread goes to show people react to what they want to see (or dont want to see)..

My first reaction to that run is "Shit, Friday is hotter, the trend is the heatwave is extending"

Everyone elses reaction is "It's definitely raining at the weekend"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Is she bringing the California weather? 🤞

You dont want our weather, you would die. Its mid 30's all week. I dont want our weather, thats why I came here lol. 6 days of 40 in the desert with wind is not what youre hoping for in pilton with zero shade.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This thread goes to show people react to what they want to see (or dont want to see)..

My first reaction to that run is "Shit, Friday is hotter, the trend is the heatwave is extending"

Everyone elses reaction is "It's definitely raining at the weekend"

Heat is easier to deal with them mud 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

SUNDAY

Dry over night, but the rain comes back in at 9am. Highs of 15 again.

image.thumb.png.b4112f8df6b85621d9459400d8f46437.png

There's also some torrential stuff now showing in the area for Sunday night. Again, it's dry overnight!

image.thumb.png.0e6881cb015c674f616f812eef9fdf2d.png

But is there a small glimmer of hope here? The low is further west. Could it yet move out further west?

image.thumb.png.b25ff4ede1c9038a838e0aa886f259ee.png

MONDAY

Dry for departure.

image.thumb.png.9415a235ad21029636dcbd7ae79fc891.png

SUMMARY

Another downturn and no sign of the weekend being rescued by the high. We're running out of time for this time improve too much. Really just need to hope that, like this weekend just gone, the rain predictions are wide of the mark this far out.

Even more annoying in this run, it's dry overnight but wet in the day!

Can we get this in person at the actual festival please in the run up to the weekend to save phone battery!?

17 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Precipitation chart shows just mm.....not sure if that's cumulative for the whole day or what we'll get every 10 minutes....anyone know? 

you mean on this?

Netweather NMM Image

yeah, I don't know...probably either mm/hr or mm/3hrs as they are for every 3 hours.

Anyway, not accurate for amounts at all this far out....at moment though it's safe to say the weekend looks wet.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Issue is that the outlook is deteriorating. If it was going to improve we should see some signs by now of it starting to turn the corner.

The possibility of high pressure over the weekend looks remote at best now. However we could still have temps in high teens and only a few showers. That's a great Glastonbury day!