The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

So for those of us with tickets willing to help out… do we take card details from people who trust us? Or pay using our own and trust we’ll get paid back? What’s the system? 

The four tickets would need to go through in one transaction. So it'll be up to whoever gets through to pay.

I'm happy to put money down for the folk I trust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The four tickets would need to go through in one transaction. So it'll be up to whoever gets through to pay.

I'm happy to put money down for the folk I trust.

Does anyone know what the full price for four tickets is inc all the fees?

I'm happy to lay it out for people on the spreadsheet I know using my own credit card (assuming credit cards are allowed?)

57 minutes ago, pauladam said:

My first success was in the resale - total fluke - we already had other festivals planned for that summer and I just thought - "I'll give it a shot" - got straight through on first click!

Subsequently its always been multiple people, multiple computers, multiple browsers but have been lucky - until T day late 2019 - and we had the biggest group of folk trying on that day ever - only one of us got through and timed out on payment detail page - gutted!!!

It is a total fluke each time, its just the door is open the exact point you press refresh/F5.....everyone thought I was a lucky charm so wanted to be in my group...then we failed for 2015, but I then got them in the resale!

Problem is everyone has multiple computers, phones etc etc so makes the problem 10 time as hard as it should be!

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

1 month to get our shit together team 🙂 and it’s just been mentioned that the clocks change that weekend 

Will it be a 9am job then? Not only clocks changing, but I also have a mate coming to stay that weekend, so was planning on being hugely hungover that morning.

1 minute ago, DirtyLurker said:

Had resigned self to no resales this year.... now the age old question to try and then try for CV ticket or not try and be forever riddled with what might've been?  (Going with the campervan is not an option)

Obvs I'm trying!

It's the hope that gets you😆

I somehow got a pair in the resale last time, so I'm kind of resigned to the fact that lightning won't strike twice and my glorious run of only missing one since I first went in 94 (97) is going to come to an end!

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Will it be a 9am job then? Not only clocks changing, but I also have a mate coming to stay that weekend, so was planning on being hugely hungover that morning.

I just realised I'll be in Krakow on my brothers stag do that weekend, so not sure if i'll be an hour ahead or not...also I will also be very hungover no doubt!

Got to decide over the next couple of weeks whether or not I will be trying for this year (my partner and I have just bought a house so not as easy to convince them that I should try seeing as they can't go either (teacher)).

If I do end up taking myself off the spreadsheet, I should be on hand to help someone else out 🙂 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I just realised I'll be in Krakow on my brothers stag do that weekend, so not sure if i'll be an hour ahead or not...also I will also be very hungover no doubt!

That used to be a tradition for me .. maybe that’s the reason I failed last time .. and the shakes aren’t nerves 

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I somehow got a pair in the resale last time, so I'm kind of resigned to the fact that lightning won't strike twice and my glorious run of only missing one since I first went in 94 (97) is going to come to an end!

We scored resales for friends in '17 so plumped with previous luck I know it can be done but twice in one morning, with the CV ticket needed too... that's a massive ask 😮

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

How come you missed '97 ?

I was a student and had no money. And I didn't discover blagging it in until 98.

For 94 and 95, I naively bought a ticket both times! Sounds absolutely crazy now, but we used to buy them in person over the counter at the Our Price in Bristol centre. I also remember asking someone if they were getting their ticket and they replied 'I don't get paid until next week, so I'll go and get it then'. It was a different time!

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That used to be a tradition for me .. maybe that’s the reason I failed last time .. and the shakes aren’t nerves 

I remember the feeling of sheer panic when I got in about 15 years ago and had to buy everyone's tickets and I was still pissed from the night before (I'd been to the Thekla, funnily enough).

I got everyone's using the old back-button technique but in my drunken confusion, I didn't update one set of details. So one mate had two tickets and one had 0 zero tickets. I felt awful, but luckily he rang the festival office and they ended up sorting it out for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was a student and had no money. And I didn't discover blagging it in until 98.

For 94 and 95, I naively bought a ticket both times! Sounds absolutely crazy now, but we used to buy them in person over the counter at the Our Price in Bristol centre. I also remember asking someone if they were getting their ticket and they replied 'I don't get paid until next week, so I'll go and get it then'. It was a different time!

Yeh one of my mates used to go back then and he turned up in I think 2000 and was the only person in the camping field he was in with a ticket 😄 

When some of my friends went in 2002 they just went up to HMV in Oxford and bought them about a month after they went on sale...completely different ball game 2 years later when I started going!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh one of my mates used to go back then and he turned up in I think 2000 and was the only person in the camping field he was in with a ticket 😄 

When some of my friends went in 2002 they just went up to HMV in Oxford and bought them about a month after they went on sale...completely different ball game 2 years later when I started going!

I remember noticing and crawling in through a tunnel under the fence, half in a stream one year. I looked behind me and about 10 strangers were following me!

Then when I got in, it was like a war movie. There were bags, tents and people flying over the fence left, right and centre. No one gave a shit, apart from one really shrill steward shouting that he wanted to see everyone's tickets. People were just laughing at him while they gathered their possessions together.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

I remember noticing and crawling in through a tunnel under the fence, half in a stream one year. I looked behind me and about 10 strangers were following me!

Then when I got in, it was like a war movie. There were bags, tents and people flying over the fence left, right and centre. No one gave a shit, apart from one really shrill steward shouting that he wanted to see everyone's tickets. People were just laughing at him while they gathered their possessions together.

Sounds like my sort of festival! 

Still kick myself that I didn't go from the late 90s onwards when other friends of mine started to go...never saw it pre-super fence. Ah well. 

22 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Sounds like my sort of festival! 

Still kick myself that I didn't go from the late 90s onwards when other friends of mine started to go...never saw it pre-super fence. Ah well. 

Sorry to say it, but it was better back then. I dunno if I'm weird, but the whole atmosphere felt like it could all go wrong at any moment made it really exciting. Although it never quite did... apart from when we walked past some police tape on the way to Bjork and it turned out someone had been shot... or the time my mate got hit with a baseball bat for no apparent reason (he took it pretty well to be fair to him).

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Also noticed in the terms and conditions that ticket holders may be asked to provide proof of vaccination or test result.  Things seem to slip in under the radar 

I was going to ask if there was anything about that ? was that in the email or on the website ? I mean its likely not to be needed but might put some off 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was going to ask if there was anything about that ? was that in the email or on the website ? I mean its likely not to be needed but might put some off 

It’s on the website in the ticket info terms and conditions section.  T and c point 18 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sorry to say it, but it was better back then. I dunno if I'm weird, but the whole atmosphere felt like it could all go wrong at any moment made it really exciting. Although it never quite did... apart from when we walked past some police tape on the way to Bjork and it turned out someone had been shot... or the time my mate got hit with a baseball bat for no apparent reason (he took it pretty well to be fair to him).

Yeh its fine, plenty of my mates went back then and have told me countless times that I missed out!