The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

2 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

@wedgie @HughJass

🖖 Friendly South Westener reporting in for duty. Let us know as & when you want to set up a whatsapp nearer the date. 

Just to say to everyone here and something to be aware of: imagine it’s highly likely you’ll have your reg numbers posted in other group pots etc to increase chances. Please make sure that if someone else not involved in these eFest groups succeeds in getting you a ticket, you make it known straight away. Reason being, if another non-efests group is successful for you, and then someone from an eFest group here gets through, there’s a high probability that on entering the details of the successful member, it will then kick you all out again leaving the other group members still ticketless. 😞

Hope I’ve explained that ok. Just talking from experience & would hate that to happen here to anyone. 

✌️

its quite simple this should not be happening under any circumstances ... people should only be in the  efest groups .... ive made this clear to the 2 in my group who I dont see as much of .... any help from people elsewhere should be helping the whole group and not anyone who isnt one the spreadsheet ... 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its quite simple this should not be happening under any circumstances ... people should only be in the  efest groups .... ive made this clear to the 2 in my group who I dont see as much of .... any help from people elsewhere should be helping the whole group and not anyone who isnt one the spreadsheet ... 

Yes - this can't be emphasised enough. I'm not involved in this particular effort, but in our groups it's the number one rule and just about the only one that violation of is unforgivable.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes - this can't be emphasised enough. I'm not involved in this particular effort, but in our groups it's the number one rule and just about the only one that violation of is unforgivable.

Happened to us in October 2015 for 2016 festival. Mate got kicked out because our tickets had already been bought, virtually simultaneously, by my sister, who we didn’t know was trying for us. She also didn’t tell us so we were totally confused why See wouldn’t let him buy us tickets - especially as we’d never tried / been before at that point. 
We ended up not paying the balance that year, out of guilt and not having a group to go with.

If I knew then what I know now… 

10 minutes ago, incident said:

In Oct 2016 for the 2017 festival I was in one group and some other friends of mine were a group of five after someone dropped out at the last minute,  so they offered to put me in their group, I said I was already in another but they wanted to put me in anyway so I said yes.....as it turned out both groups got through at almost the same time and the 2nd group nearly lost their tickets altogether when mine came up as already used and somehow (and very luckily) they managed to edit me out and still get their own tickets.

Ever since then I've only been in one group!

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Happened to us in October 2015 for 2016 festival. Mate got kicked out because our tickets had already been bought, virtually simultaneously, by my sister, who we didn’t know was trying for us. She also didn’t tell us so we were totally confused why See wouldn’t let him buy us tickets - especially as we’d never tried / been before at that point. 
We ended up not paying the balance that year, out of guilt and not having a group to go with.

If I knew then what I know now… 

😮 

Resalers, don't forget that you'll almost certainly have to verify the transaction with your bank. Make sure they've got your correct mobile number (or even better find out if you can verify payments in your banking app so you don't have to wait for a text).

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/feb/12/uk-online-shoppers-face-more-identity-checks-as-new-anti-fraud-rules-kick-in

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Resalers, don't forget that you'll almost certainly have to verify the transaction with your bank. Make sure they've got your correct mobile number (or even better find out if you can verify payments in your banking app so you don't have to wait for a text).

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/feb/12/uk-online-shoppers-face-more-identity-checks-as-new-anti-fraud-rules-kick-in

that looks like a pain inn terms of giving card details to other trustworthy helpers 

32 minutes ago, Simsy said:

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that looks like a pain inn terms of giving card details to other trustworthy helpers 

Yes I really wish Glastonbury did what my favourite record store does on record store day and basically lets you buy without paying and then gives you 24 hours to pay. It would solve a large number of issues on the day that people have with payment gateways as well. 

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Don't worry, from 1998-2003 I declined to go with friends to Glastonbury as 'Reading Festival is easier as its down the road , plays bands I like,and I don't like the line ups Glastonbury put out'

🤦‍♂️

I’d still be having nightmares about that 

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Oh recently?  I thought that was a thing of the past, indeed I've had times that I've tried overseas VPNs but with no more success.

I don't think it makes a difference. I've had success in France (on the free WiFi in a McDonald's) but I've failed in South Korea and Vietnam. The South Korea one I'm blaming on being unaware of the 60 refresh per min limit, so my normal f5 hammering technique did me in 😟

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Some tips on this front for people who are doing the resale:

I would recommend either Monzo or Revolut.

Monzo - just for yourself, their verification is very good and quick (push notification on your phone, takes a few seconds - no codes etc)
Revolut - for groups. Even with their free plan you can get like 8 cards linked to the same bank account so would be great for giving out to your helpers. Similar verification to Monzo, maybe even quicker honestly - i just like monzo

Also for some banks you can ask them to turn off 3DS verification for a hour for instance by calling them / pre-verify seetickets for the day. Just give them a call and explain it - this definitely works for a few banks just can't remember which.

Hope this helps 🙂

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Some tips on this front for people who are doing the resale:

I would recommend either Monzo or Revolut.

Monzo - just for yourself, their verification is very good and quick (push notification on your phone, takes a few seconds - no codes etc)
Revolut - for groups. Even with their free plan you can get like 8 cards linked to the same bank account so would be great for giving out to your helpers. Similar verification to Monzo, maybe even quicker honestly - i just like monzo

Also for some banks you can ask them to turn off 3DS verification for a hour for instance by calling them / pre-verify seetickets for the day. Just give them a call and explain it - this definitely works for a few banks just can't remember which.

Hope this helps 🙂

so if a helper  were to get tickets with my revolut card ..... how would it show up ? would I get a notification to accept the payment in a lock screen ? or would I need to have the app open ? 

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

In Oct 2016 for the 2017 festival I was in one group and some other friends of mine were a group of five after someone dropped out at the last minute,  so they offered to put me in their group, I said I was already in another but they wanted to put me in anyway so I said yes.....as it turned out both groups got through at almost the same time and the 2nd group nearly lost their tickets altogether when mine came up as already used and somehow (and very luckily) they managed to edit me out and still get their own tickets.

Ever since then I've only been in one group!

I had this happen in 2016 but a girl who I didn't really know was added to the group day before. Got through to add details and then kicked back out. 

Since then it's one group only and only people I know. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I really wish Glastonbury did what my favourite record store does on record store day and basically lets you buy without paying and then gives you 24 hours to pay. It would solve a large number of issues on the day that people have with payment gateways as well. 

Payment issues is how I got tickets for 2019. At 31 minutes into the sale I got through after entering registration numbers, only for it to say sold out. Pressed back and clicked submit 2-3 times and actually managed to get onto the card details page at 32 minutes. 

It sold out in 33 minutes. 

We reckon someone's payment failed and we were able to sweep in and get the tickets.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Payment issues is how I got tickets for 2019. At 31 minutes into the sale I got through after entering registration numbers, only for it to say sold out. Pressed back and clicked submit 2-3 times and actually managed to get onto the card details page at 32 minutes. 

It sold out in 33 minutes. 

We reckon someone's payment failed and we were able to sweep in and get the tickets.

Vulture 😂 

6 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

@wedgie @HughJass

🖖 Friendly South Westener reporting in for duty. Let us know as & when you want to set up a whatsapp nearer the date. 

Just to say to everyone here and something to be aware of: imagine it’s highly likely you’ll have your reg numbers posted in other group pots etc to increase chances. Please make sure that if someone else not involved in these eFest groups succeeds in getting you a ticket, you make it known straight away. Reason being, if another non-efests group is successful for you, and then someone from an eFest group here gets through, there’s a high probability that on entering the details of the successful member, it will then kick you all out again leaving the other group members still ticketless. 😞

Hope I’ve explained that ok. Just talking from experience & would hate that to happen here to anyone. 

✌️

Hello! Happy to set the WhatsApp up whenever. Guess the earlier the better! Will drop a message to you and I guess once @HughJass reads this do the same and we can get it set up. Yeah this will be my ticket group for getting them for sure. It's a great system and surely the best hope we all have of getting there! Thanks for reaching out 🙂

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so if a helper  were to get tickets with my revolut card ..... how would it show up ? would I get a notification to accept the payment in a lock screen ? or would I need to have the app open ? 

You would get a notification on your phone, need to unlock it and then it takes you to the app and you just type your app password in /touch/face ID. Obviously you could have your phone unlocked and ready so it would take just a few seconds.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wedgie said:

Hello! Happy to set the WhatsApp up whenever. Guess the earlier the better! Will drop a message to you and I guess once @HughJass reads this do the same and we can get it set up. Yeah this will be my ticket group for getting them for sure. It's a great system and surely the best hope we all have of getting there! Thanks for reaching out 🙂

@Hugh Jass II he’s had an account change