The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, gfa said:

You would get a notification on your phone, need to unlock it and then it takes you to the app and you just type your app password in /touch/face ID. Obviously you could have your phone unlocked and ready so it would take just a few seconds.

I’d also then have that as a notification I had tickets and would be able to instantly update the spreadsheet… so not so bad 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I had this happen in 2016 but a girl who I didn't really know was added to the group day before. Got through to add details and then kicked back out. 

Since then it's one group only and only people I know. 

My name was mud for about two minutes and then they had a go at me about it when I saw them next although I did have a slight leg to stand on when I said to them you knew the risk of putting me in two groups (all 11 of us are friends).

We just didn't think both groups would get through let alone at exactly  the same time.

Another suggestion might be to have the reg names and postcodes written down on a piece of paper or have them on a screen in front of you if you're trying on your phone. 

Saves having to try and jump in and out of screens which on a phone can be a little more fiddly, especially if you start shaking when you get through!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Payment issues is how I got tickets for 2019. At 31 minutes into the sale I got through after entering registration numbers, only for it to say sold out. Pressed back and clicked submit 2-3 times and actually managed to get onto the card details page at 32 minutes. 

It sold out in 33 minutes. 

We reckon someone's payment failed and we were able to sweep in and get the tickets.

Yes definitely winner and losers in it but I think it's incredibly harsh if you get through straightaway have a bad payment gateway and so don't complete and then don't get through again. It would eliminate things like that and would also make it easier for people who are buying for groups. Not everyone has the money for 4 tickets in a bank account because tickets aren't exactly cheap anymore whereas if you could just buy the ticket and then everyone gets an email to pay for their own ticket. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Another suggestion might be to have the reg names and postcodes written down on a piece of paper or have them on a screen in front of you if you're trying on your phone. 

Saves having to try and jump in and out of screens which on a phone can be a little more fiddly, especially if you start shaking when you get through!

Absolutely this … I’ll print out the spreadsheet and have it as a manual record … there is also something called shortcodes which I will talk about once I’ve refreshed my memory on how to do it … that can autofill reg details when you for example type  r 1 it fills in registration 1 …. Also helps with shakey fingers 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolutely this … I’ll print out the spreadsheet and have it as a manual record … there is also something called shortcodes which I will talk about once I’ve refreshed my memory on how to do it … that can autofill reg details when you for example type  r 1 it fills in registration 1 …. Also helps with shakey fingers 

I'll be in a hotel room in Krakow (brothers stag do) so will have all of it printed out!

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Oh recently?  I thought that was a thing of the past, indeed I've had times that I've tried overseas VPNs but with no more success.

Yes, the most recent sale (autumn 2019).  The person just happened to be overseas and got lucky...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

that looks like a pain inn terms of giving card details to other trustworthy helpers 

Shouldn't be a problem, I would imagine.  I thought that as soon as registration numbers are entered and someone is working on trying to finalize that effort, those reg numbers are effectively blocked for others to try and enter them again.  So if a helper gets through for me and I get a text from the bank, I just need to 'Yes' it.  I should be in contact with the helper via a Whatsapp group.  Correct?

Edited by Watergirl

1 minute ago, Watergirl said:

Shouldn't be a problem, I would imagine.  I thought that as soon as registration numbers are entered and someone is working on trying to finalize that effort, those reg numbers are effectively blocked for others to try and enter them again.  So if a helper gets through for me and I get a text from the bank, I just need to 'Yes' it.  I should be in contact with the helper via a Whatsapp group.  Correct?

yep thats true ... just having a moment 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:39 PM, gooner1990 said:

You must have a good system if you've not missed one since 1985! 🙂

I've used pretty much every system to be honest and as you say been incredibly fortunate:-

First couple on a traders ticket selling cheese rolls. 

Did a few where I was lucky to have a relative on Mendip Council (and as that authority had denied the licence before then they wanted to allow councillors the chance to see for themselves) 

A couple where I was cheeky and a villager let me use one of theirs. 

Bought from our price/hmv some years. 

Worked in a place with a phenomenal Internet connection, which made it really easy some years. 

The usual stuff from here - back button or shared url's. 

One time friends just had no problem and I'd been trying for 16 hours solid - the "do people on orange get through more easily cos there's a tent there" paranoia 😊

Since then for a few years i tried fast connection/vpn/work and my sis would simply succeed on an ipad using her virgin WiFi - include resale and at most extreme the secret resale.

Until two years ago and the lucky streak ran out. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It hasn’t yet … still all to play for … I mean you’ve done them in resale before and that’s the next stage 

Very well said 😊

I did even look at the hospitality tickets, which as you know are eye wateringly expensive and I think for this most special of times all of those are sold out too! 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Very well said 😊

I did even look at the hospitality tickets, which as you know are eye wateringly expensive and I think for this most special of times all of those are sold out too! 

I’ve also brought them in secret resale before .. but don’t think that was for myself … shame they don’t exist any longer 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve also brought them in secret resale before .. but don’t think that was for myself … shame they don’t exist any longer 

Nor me, that was even more of an adrenaline rush, just getting an alert they were on sale, jumping on and buying a couple of random coach tickets 😊

On 2/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, clarkete said:

I've used pretty much every system to be honest and as you say been incredibly fortunate:-

First couple on a traders ticket selling cheese rolls. 

Did a few where I was lucky to have a relative on Mendip Council (and as that authority had denied the licence before then they wanted to allow councillors the chance to see for themselves) 

A couple where I was cheeky and a villager let me use one of theirs. 

Bought from our price/hmv some years. 

Worked in a place with a phenomenal Internet connection, which made it really easy some years. 

The usual stuff from here - back button or shared url's. 

One time friends just had no problem and I'd been trying for 16 hours solid - the "do people on orange get through more easily cos there's a tent there" paranoia 😊

Since then for a few years i tried fast connection/vpn/work and my sis would simply succeed on an ipad using her virgin WiFi - include resale and at most extreme the secret resale.

Until two years ago and the lucky streak ran out. 

Wow that is some good luck/fortune!

I got my own ticket in 2004-2015, then finally I couldn't get through for the 2016 festival and a mate got mine, same thing happened again for 2017, then finally my luck ran out for 2019 and I wound up working on a bar just to get in.

Luckily a friend of mine got me a coach ticket for this year when they initially went on sale at the end of 2019.

I haven't bought my own ticket for the festival in 7 years now! 😮 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Wow that is some good luck/fortune!

I got my own ticket in 2004-2015, then finally I couldn't get through for the 2016 festival and a mate got mine, same thing happened again for 2017, then finally my luck ran out for 2019 and I wound up working on a bar just to get in.

Luckily a friend of mine got me a coach ticket for this year when they initially went on sale at the end of 2019.

I haven't bought my own ticket for the festival in 7 years now! 😮 

Aye, in the old days it was us "regulars" and the more casual attendees. Back then the tips or links from here really did make the difference between success or failure. There's been a tipping point, maybe somewhere between social media and folks who can chuck a column in metro (or whatever) to share some of those tips. 

It's hard not to feel that there's some fairness if someone else gets a ticket at my expense who hasn't been before 😊

Chins up, resale crew. It's a stinger of a day for you lot today, but not long to go until your tickets are finally secure.

Question - I'll be in a position to help two but not four people in the resale (I can't financially stretch to more than two tickets up front). If everyone is in groups of four, can I help?

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Chins up, resale crew. It's a stinger of a day for you lot today, but not long to go until your tickets are finally secure.

Question - I'll be in a position to help two but not four people in the resale (I can't financially stretch to more than two tickets up front). If everyone is in groups of four, can I help?

help for bus tickets maybe ? ... or a uk card holder trusts you with details ,,, That should work shouldn't it ? there might also be the odd group of 2 depending on how bus sale goes ... and I think we also have a 1 on the spreadsheet ... so a few options there . Yeah like you say a tough day .... mixed emotions but we are pretty well prepared for this