RATM

Mr Benn

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

THE END

IMG_4673.png.33074f6bb2b2139bd92325dca01f35ea.png

Interesting. I wonder what the problem is. Rage Factor at Finsbury Park in 2010 is still the greatest gig I ever attended, but was really hoping they'd be back on the Farm at some point. I've always thought they and Glastonbury were a good match, from a political standpoint. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. I wonder what the problem is. Rage Factor at Finsbury Park in 2010 is still the greatest gig I ever attended, but was really hoping they'd be back on the Farm at some point. I've always thought they and Glastonbury were a good match, from a political standpoint. 

Tim has prostate cancer and Zach still hugely limited mobility wise following his achilles rupture 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

15 or so.

No great loss without new music tbh. Saw them a couple of times in the 00s and it was enjoyabe but fairly stale at times even then. 

Disagree mate. Message and ferocity still there and needed more than ever. Find it bonkers that they haven't been followed by something/one else...

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No great loss without new music tbh.

Pretty blasé attitude to have towards one of the most defining acts of their generation. I was 15 when they played Finsbury park and couldn't go, if there's as long a delay again before they play Europe I'll be 40 and Zach will be 65. 

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time back then but don't write off how many people had been waiting for this tour for over a decade.

Had tickets for them twice at Reading Festival (2020 and 2022) both of which were cancelled...luckily I happened to be in NYC when they played Madison Square Garden in July 2022 and saw them live there - with Zack sat on a flight case!

Had also luckily seen them three times previously when they were at their 'peak' and again during the first reunion tour in 2008.

Great live band, however as had also been noted no new material in over 20 years so perhaps they felt it had run its course and with various health problems in the band then perhaps best to just put it to bed now rather than letting it string on.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Saw RATM play 4 times incl Pinkpop in 2008. Bombtrack with the "guantanamo bay" intro / hoods was genuinely sensational.

image.thumb.jpeg.65a66520a805a38d821c484bbdae6837.jpeg

It was. QOTSA as Co-Head. I remember that day very vividly. The moment they came on stage that field was turned upside down.

I'd have like some new stuff, especially given contemporary American politics gives plenty of scope to be unhappy, but it is what it is. If, as noted, there's some substantial health issues, it may well be for the best to take a backseat. Shame though. Finsbury Park 2010 was great as was a little vision of that when I saw Tom Morello open for Muse do an instrumental medley of RATM songs.

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That was a really good gig, and strangely the only time I’ve seen Zack looking happy on stage. He’s normally stalking around looking intensely angry. 

43 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wonder if this means there will be a Prophets of Rage-esque set-up once again.

As much as I love each of the artists individually, Prophets never really did anything for me. Those RATM tracks just need Zack's vocals. They were fun, but didn't quite hit the mark, despite being a stellar "supergroup".

However, I seem to remember Chuck and/or B-Real being a little put-out by getting dropped as soon as Rage reformed. I think they were expecting further Prophets shows. I may be misremembering that though.

Edit: yeah, I did misremember it. Both Chuck and B-Real were very gracious when they disbanded.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers