RATM

Mr Benn

I remember thinking I had time to go to the bar before they came on at Féile ‘94…got 3 pints, was almost back to where my mates were when they started. Less than 100 feet to go. Arrived back without a drop left in any of the 3 pints, soaked from head to toe in beer with the entire crowd bouncing in unison. Awesome gig.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I remember thinking I had time to go to the bar before they came on at Féile ‘94…got 3 pints, was almost back to where my mates were when they started. Less than 100 feet to go. Arrived back without a drop left in any of the 3 pints, soaked from head to toe in beer with the entire crowd bouncing in unison. Awesome gig.

V envious mate!

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Funnily enough, bombtrack was when I finally made it back! Think it was the second song. I’m somewhere in that maelstrom of arms and legs at the front! 

17 year old me sat at home listening on the radio mate haha.

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

17 year old me sat at home listening on the radio mate haha.

Those Féile weekends are what made me into a festival freak for life. They were just nuts, but always great fun. When Witnness started up it was decent, but quickly developed into the cesspit that was Oxygen (I still went mind you, just never stayed…late bus back to Whelan’s each night!). But mostly looked outside of Ireland for festivals after Féile. Early picnics were great, Body & Soul still a cracking little festival and thoroughly enjoying ATN these days, but nothing will ever beat the big G!

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Those Féile weekends are what made me into a festival freak for life. They were just nuts, but always great fun. When Witnness started up it was decent, but quickly developed into the cesspit that was Oxygen (I still went mind you, just never stayed…late bus back to Whelan’s each night!). But mostly looked outside of Ireland for festivals after Féile. Early picnics were great, Body & Soul still a cracking little festival and thoroughly enjoying ATN these days, but nothing will ever beat the big G!

Yeh Feylah 94 and 95 two vintage events. First couple weeks of school never fun hearing about the miscreants from my year who were allowed go.

Edited by Wooderson

On 1/4/2024 at 8:02 PM, Metal Monkey said:

That was a really good gig, and strangely the only time I’ve seen Zack looking happy on stage. He’s normally stalking around looking intensely angry. 

Indeed. Zack’s smile at 4.38mins says it all: