2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh they don’t look like they have any dates so maybe they backed out of a European tour… what a lot of US artists look to have done.

Line up some Europe dates and put some holds down… only to decide not to tour in the end.

Or they werent ever down to being headliners and people have been guessing? I mean they toured 6 months ago in this country, why would they return so soon?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Or they werent ever down to being headliners and people have been guessing? I mean they toured 6 months ago in this country, why would they return so soon?

They have 2023 dates though it just looks like they are all state side. So I wouldn’t completely rule it as rubbish.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They have 2023 dates though it just looks like they are all state side. So I wouldn’t completely rule it as rubbish.

Pretty sure a band like Green Day’s plans are scheduled long in advance of a year

If they think they can sell their own shows every 3 years or so, why dilute it with festival shows?

When did they last play a UK festival?

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh they don’t look like they have any dates so maybe they backed out of a European tour… what a lot of US artists look to have done.

Line up some Europe dates and put some holds down… only to decide not to tour in the end.

Yeah very true. Could also be that they thought they’d be ready to release an album but with covid pushing everything back they’ve delayed it. Or as others have said they were never actually booked but as they’ve got dates in the US I feel there may have been some truth to them being booked. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah very true. Could also be that they thought they’d be ready to release an album but with covid pushing everything back they’ve delayed it. Or as others have said they were never actually booked but as they’ve got dates in the US I feel there may have been some truth to them being booked. 

It is looking very likely that a new GD album will release sometime this year, they've been teasing something titled '1972' for a while now.

On 12/23/2022 at 1:09 AM, Benj said:

Pretty sure a band like Green Day’s plans are scheduled long in advance of a year

If they think they can sell their own shows every 3 years or so, why dilute it with festival shows?

When did they last play a UK festival?

Well that’s what I was saying wasn’t it? They may have had a European tour pencilled in for 2023 for quite a while but didn’t go through with it, and only kept the US dates.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Well that’s what I was saying wasn’t it? They may have had a European tour pencilled in for 2023 for quite a while but didn’t go through with it, and only kept the US dates.

Oooh someone take something personally on the internet!!!

I wasn’t accusing you of being an idiot or anything, just proposing a hypothesis like yours. We’re both just making stuff up basically

Your post was as valid as mines

They may well have. Or they may well not plan stuff and then cancel it 8 months out. Neither of us know, just have guesses on the matter

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Happy new year. Here's to a much better line-up than this one being announced in late 2023!

Here’s to the first missed reading festival since 1997

May all the big tents return to all of you in 2024👍🏼

Quick poll on ticket status to kick off some new year discussion (hang on can you not do polls on here?!)

…just reply then-

who’s bought already?

who will inevitably buy at some point whatever?

who will only buy if further lineup announcements are great?

who will not be going whatever?

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Quick poll on ticket status to kick off some new year discussion (hang on can you not do polls on here?!)

…just reply then-

who’s bought already?

Very unlikely i'll be going, I like the headliners quite a lot just the undercard is appalling. APE is meant to have the strokes so will be there instead

9 hours ago, Benj said:

…just reply then-

who’s bought already?

Can't see myself going whatsoever this year tbh, think I am much more inclined to finally do a full weekend of Creamfields instead - and tbh, I'm not mad about that at all!

14 hours ago, Benj said:

who’s bought already?

I have not brought, I will not buy. I was interested in a day ticket for The Killers Saturday but the undercard is poor and doesn't get me hyped up at all.

Chase Atlantic > Nothing But Thieves > Slowthai > Central Cee > Lewis Capaldi > The Killers

I'm going to book Boardmasters, I live half an hour away and it is growing bigger each year.