2023 Festival

TheWaters

I crumbled and just picked up a Reading Weekend ticket for £190 on twickets. 

The festival isn’t what it once was but for £190 I couldn’t say no! I still expect them to drop further than that though. 

Excited to see Frank Turner, Games We Play, Magnolia Park, Knocked Loose, Jamie Webster, KennyHoopla, Sleep Token and The Amazons. 

Also, I emailed support to ask about bike parking. Apparently there is none and they 'don’t advise arriving by bike'. All the promotion of sustainability and the only way to get to the site is motor vehicle. When I went to Werchter, there were tonnes of cycle spaces and tonnes of bikes parked there.

10 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Also, I emailed support to ask about bike parking. Apparently there is none and they 'don’t advise arriving by bike'. All the promotion of sustainability and the only way to get to the site is motor vehicle. When I went to Werchter, there were tonnes of cycle spaces and tonnes of bikes parked there.

Instead they talk about how they’re banning disposable vapes which is impossible

17 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Unbelivable. Should be part of the license. There should be cycle parking at Rivermead Lesuire Centre, however. 

19 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Last thing they need is a load of ketted up teens pulling wheelies through the campsite!

Reading at least is relatively well served by train if you’re trying to be as green as you can

45 minutes ago, Benj said:

Last thing they need is a load of ketted up teens pulling wheelies through the campsite!

Reading at least is relatively well served by train if you’re trying to be as green as you can

I’d pay A LOT of money to see kids attempt to bike down the big hill at Leeds on the Sunday night.

Anyone know how yellow campsite at Leeds is these days? I know it's got nothing on the madness of blue/red and it was a bit lively in there some years back, was just toying with idea of either camping brown for the peace or if yellow is quite mellow now due to its location and the fact that I might be able to park in the access car park which is like a 2 minute walk away?

On 8/4/2023 at 6:27 PM, Benj said:

Aye. It’s obv not to be taken seriously. Just a way to promo a good cause

Hopefully no one will watch them to give the organisers any ideas!

It will be rammed

On 8/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, On The Blend said:

Was there ever actually a Reading vs Leeds debate that wasn’t just North vs South? Leeds doesn’t have a curfew and has all the night stages, just seems objectively better to me?

Definitely there was a debate

Reading doesn't have the late night but can get bigger guests / exclusive secret sets e.g. Dave brought out Stormzy at Reading and Jack Grealish at Leeds..

If you want late night stuff you should just go elsewhere, leeds looks shocking for it vs any proper festival that focuses on it. no doubt full of ketty 16 year olds.

Edited by gfa

16 hours ago, Benj said:

Think it will depend on where it is and what else is on at the same time.

Also does anyone under 30 know who they are?!

Yeah, sounds weird (guess it is tbh) but they DM loads of their followers voicenotes and stuff, so get memed quite a bit.