2023 Festival

TheWaters

22 minutes ago, charlierc said:

If it is Killers & Foals, I'd be up for it if they're on the same day, not least as I'm still upset at missing Foals' tour in April when I caught covid so couldn't go. Plus they played on the same night at Mad Cool and Brandon said they're big fans of Foals.

But I'm wholly prepared that R&L's use of contrasting headliners between the two stages means its not a foregone conclusion they'd even be on the same night as one another if they are appearing at this crazy thing.

Bille Eilish/The Killers | Sam Fender/Imagine Dragons | Foals/Lewis Capaldi

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

Friday//

Sam Fender >> Aitch

Imagine Dragons >> Loyle Carner

Saturday//

Billie Eilish >> Trippie Redd

Foals >> Nothing But Thieves

Sunday//

The Killers >> Yungblud

Lewis Capaldi >> Tom Grennan 

What's with the 6 headliners being the same in every prediction today now after a couple of 'sources' say so, like why is no one else now within a shout? Why these 6 - what's the evidence behind them? Just purely wondering 

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

Would be surprised for them to put the strongest two headliners on the same day.

Guess it depends who you ask is strongest. Looking on Spotify (I know not a great source) aperantly Imagine Dragons are the 16th most popular artist in the world. (Personally I don't rate them)

Actually here's how they all rank

Billie Eilish 22nd

The Killers 256th

Sam Fender Not in top 500

Imagine Dragons 16th

Foals Not in top 500

Lewis Capaldi 91st

Just now, Festival Tiips said:

Guess it depends who you ask is strongest. Looking on Spotify (I know not a great source) aperantly Imagine Dragons are the 16th most popular artist in the world. (Personally I don't rate them)

Billie Eilish 22nd

The Killers 256th

Imagine Dragons 16th

Foals Not in top 500

Lewis Capaldi 91st

Would struggle to look any further than Billie just headlining Glastonbury to be honest.

Imagine Dragons, whilst a weirdly popular Spotify band, haven't really done too much over here at the top of a festival line-up.

Billie and The Killers as the two big headliners, with Foals/Sam Fender on the peripheral of being big enough on the same day makes the most sense to me out of those 6, but all just a prediction.

4 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Would struggle to look any further than Billie just headlining Glastonbury to be honest.

Imagine Dragons, whilst a weirdly popular Spotify band, haven't really done too much over here at the top of a festival line-up.

Billie and The Killers as the two big headliners, with Foals/Sam Fender on the peripheral of being big enough on the same day makes the most sense to me out of those 6, but all just a prediction.

Yeah was surprised to see Dragons that high up the spotify list. I guess they must be super popular in the US. If the rumours are true that someone pulled out (green day was it) then I bet they were the band to fill that spot.

1 minute ago, Festival Tiips said:

Yeah was surprised to see Dragons that high up the spotify list. I guess they must be super popular in the US. If the rumours are true that someone pulled out (green day was it) then I bet they were the band to fill that spot.

This makes sense tbf. FR are horrible with replacements though if that's the case.

1975 for RATM and now ID for Green Day? 😬

2 hours ago, R-K1D said:

Just seen Zack de la Rocha outside of Oxford Street Underground Station, round the corner from Festival Republic offices - he said Rage are playing if his leg is better by then!

cap: oxford street station doesn't exist 😉 

they need to just leave rage for a few years, if they get announced again it will just get clowned. core audience don't get - not sure why they'd be booked over say Killers.

I was literally there at the same time, i work about 2 mins from oxford circus

8 minutes ago, Festival Tiips said:

Billie Eilish 22nd

The Killers 256th

Imagine Dragons 16th

Foals Not in top 500

Lewis Capaldi 91st

Foals are genuinely, absolutely, unimaginably big in the US.

But they have a wierd obsession with bland UScentric stadium rock.

Tbf, Brits have always had an obsession with northern jack the lads with punchy anthems or slow moping around (kaiser chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, fratellis, oasis, enemy, fratellis, libertines).

I went to a sushi restaurant the other day and they just had Imagine Dragons on in the background for the entire hour. Funnily, I thought to myself "wtf this is Imagine Dragons. Christ, Imagine if they were playing Reading. Thank god that's not happening anytime"