2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I do not believe those headliners for a second. 

No shit they're not real, we had 5 of 6 headliners, I know of about 10 acts that will be playing - 3 of them being head liners (Fender, Foals, Billie) was told Paramore but are they the ones to have pulled out? We'll see...

Looking at Sziget gives credit to the first leak of Billie Eilish, Green Day, KSI, Foals, Sam Fender and an other. Billie, Foals and Sam Fender must be pretty nailed on now. I assume R&L are waiting on Green Day to announce a tour or new album. A lot of festivals seem to be having later announcements so possibly waiting until Jan/Feb for the first announcement like the old days. If those are the headliners then it’ll easily sell. Got to say the mystery 6th headliner looks like it could be Imagine Dragons with them being announced for Sziget. 

Based on the lineups we recieved yesterday (Sziget and Superbloom) I believe R&L could have quite a few of these. 

Headliners*

Billie Eilish

Sam Fender

Foals

Imagine Dragons

*Other headliners being KSI and Green Day

Undercard

Baby Queen

Amyl and the Sniffers

Niall Horan?

Nothing but Thieves

Yungblud

Easy Life

Mimi Webb

Cat Burns

3 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

In place of who? MSE or MSW?

East.

The info of one potential headliner dropping out tracks with what I’ve heard also.

(so not expecting the announcement pre Xmas but that’s just personal opinion)

Edited by bo1980

Just now, bo1980 said:

East.

The info of one potential headliner dropping out tracks with what I’ve heard also.

MCR in for Green Day (assuming it’s a like for like replacement and not a Rage v 1975 situ) would be huge for me but very hesitant to believe anything atm. We’ll soon see though when the announcement comes!

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

Also - if we’re to get Green Day or MCR and then Paramore on top of that I really hope they are on the same day. Imagine a When We Were Young style day with the undercard too. Would be incredible.

They don’t seem to be doing that though otherwise we’d have had rage-bmth on the same day and probably liam-catfish on the same day for the dark fruits kids 

sells more weekend tickets if it’s spread out ig

9 minutes ago, Will b said:

They don’t seem to be doing that though otherwise we’d have had rage-bmth on the same day and probably liam-catfish on the same day for the dark fruits kids 

sells more weekend tickets if it’s spread out ig

Yeah they only really seem to care about weekend tickets. Which to an extent makes sense but I’d argue for fans of RATM R&L (at least in the 2020s) probably isn’t a festival they want to spend a weekend at and so a strong day under RATM filled with likewise bands would have made sense. And I think it’s evident the undercard didn’t really work given they were the last to sell their day out (if they ever did?).

34 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Yeah they only really seem to care about weekend tickets. Which to an extent makes sense but I’d argue for fans of RATM R&L (at least in the 2020s) probably isn’t a festival they want to spend a weekend at and so a strong day under RATM filled with likewise bands would have made sense. And I think it’s evident the undercard didn’t really work given they were the last to sell their day out (if they ever did?).

The day sold out at Reading but not Leeds. Rage / BMTH might have done better since AM's day would have sold out on them alone.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Chad888 said:

King's of Leon // Courteeners

Coldplay // KSI

Imagine Dragons // Tom Grennan

Yungblud, Central Cee, Nothing But Thieves, Don Broco, Aitch, Playboi Carti, Becky Hill in the undercard

Get tae f*** no way is this happening 😂

3 hours ago, FeverDream said:

MCR in for Green Day (assuming it’s a like for like replacement and not a Rage v 1975 situ) would be huge for me but very hesitant to believe anything atm. We’ll soon see though when the announcement comes!

Hmmm, would be one of the few acts that may tempt me back

43 minutes ago, nathanh said:

To be fair to him it has been widely speculated that Green Day have dropped out last minute, causing the announcement to be pushed back. 

He lied about Boardmasters… lied about this.  It’s a weird old life to come on festival forums to make up stuff