2023 Festival

TheWaters

10 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

If KSI is up against Eillish, could it be the most empty MSW headline slot yet?

Can't wait for the bickering between young couples when the lads want to watch his whole set, but their girlfriends want to get a good spot for Billie. 

11 hours ago, foolee said:

It’s a difficult one because I see Sam Fender, Paramore, Billie Eilish and Green Day all as MSE headliners. Also odd what MGK said in London and Leeds if he’s not doing it. 

If the rumours are true I’d like to see Green Day, Foals, Yungblud and Don Broco on the same day. 

MGK is MSW, whats the issue?

11 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

No

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I think he said about headlining so doesn’t add up. Unless he’s not booked and he wants to headline in say 2024. 

He can be headlining and be on MSW - isn't that the whole point of it as Chad was saying a few pages back

12 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

The biggest irony of the 2 headliner thing is that the MSW headliners often have much smaller crowds than subs in the old days as everyone is waiting patiently for the proper headliner. 

BMTH’s and Halsey’s crowd were tiny compared to ADTR and Royal Blood’s in previous years

Whole thing is an utter farce and that’s before everyone else fucks off 10 minutes before the end of the MSW heads set. What a joke!

So while KSI may get a decent crowd, you can expect the place to be pretty much empty, once people have done the meme, got something out on snap chat and what a decent spot for Eilish

Edited by Benj

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

He can be headlining and be on MSW - isn't that the whole point of it as Chad was saying a few pages back

Yeah I agree however if we’re believing both leaks then the headliners are Green Day, KSI, Paramore, Billie Eilish, Sam Fender & Foals so something doesn’t add up. Someone is telling porkies or MGK wasn’t actually booked but was saying he’d like to do however that’s an odd thing to do at 2 shows in the UK being an American act. 

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah I agree however if we’re believing both leaks then the headliners are Green Day, KSI, Paramore, Billie Eilish, Sam Fender & Foals so something doesn’t add up. Someone is telling porkies or MGK wasn’t actually booked but was saying he’d like to do however that’s an odd thing to do at 2 shows in the UK being an American act. 

It's really not that odd no matter where he's from, I think people have read WAY too far into him saying that personally. Little Simz closed her Glastonbury set this year with a "see you next time on the Pyramid". That doesn't mean she's booked for a 2023 slot on main stage or that she's reached any real agreement to play there next time she shows up at the fest

Could well have been a hint but people seem to have taken it as some kind of confirmation and it just ain't

21 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

It's really not that odd no matter where he's from, I think people have read WAY too far into him saying that personally. Little Simz closed her Glastonbury set this year with a "see you next time on the Pyramid". That doesn't mean she's booked for a 2023 slot on main stage or that she's reached any real agreement to play there next time she shows up at the fest

Could well have been a hint but people seem to have taken it as some kind of confirmation and it just ain't

It's different saying it at the crowd to your own gig who might not usually go to the fest rather than the fest crowd. 

46 minutes ago, foolee said:

ah i see my mistake

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

I don’t really think that’s quite the same. Saying I’ll see you next year to a crowd is a bit different to saying I’m going to headline Reading & Leeds at two different shows. Surely that’s more of a confirmation than 2 people on an internet forum saying they know something? 

I’m also not saying that the 6 acts being touted won’t headline, I just don’t think we should be taking those 6 as fact just yet when there are other rumours out there. 

Edited by foolee

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I don’t really think that’s quite the same. Saying I’ll see you next year to a crowd is a bit different to saying I’m going to headline Reading & Leeds at two different shows.

I haven't followed the conversation as I think MGK is a coffin nail but didn't he just say he WANTS to headline RnL? 

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Whole thing is an utter farce and that’s before everyone else fucks off 10 minutes before the end of the MSW heads set. What a joke!

Plus BMTH and Halsey emptied out long before 10 minutes from the end.  The Halsey front section was only half full by halfway through her set and they wouldn't let people in to fil the gaps.

Slightly off-topic, but is there a reason that when one stage isn't in use they don't show the set from the other stage on the screens?

Like this year whilst waiting for AM, I couldn't see or hear BMTH's MSW set... Why wasn't it  shown on the MSE's screens, or at least have it on the speakers?

18 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I haven't followed the conversation as I think MGK is a coffin nail but didn't he just say he WANTS to headline RnL? 

Honestly not 100% sure what he said now as I can’t remember from the London show and wasn’t at the Leeds show but I don’t think he can be discounted as a headliner just yet. 

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

Slightly off-topic, but is there a reason that when one stage isn't in use they don't show the set from the other stage on the screens?

Like this year whilst waiting for AM, I couldn't see or hear BMTH's MSW set... Why wasn't it  shown on the MSE's screens, or at least have it on the speakers?

Probably for advertising purposes? 

8 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

what did he say exactly? 

23 minutes ago, foolee said:

Honestly not 100% sure what he said now as I can’t remember from the London show and wasn’t at the Leeds show but I don’t think he can be discounted as a headliner just yet. 

He definitely didn’t reference 2023 in particular, he said he wants to, and thinks he should, be headlining it soon if memory serves. It was part of a wider speech about how he’s grown to where he is now and where he wants to go from here.

Absolutely no “see you next year” type hints but I wouldn’t rule him out either.

Edited by andyrhodes24

10 hours ago, K2SO said:

Would hurt crowds at the actual live act i think

12 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Wonder if The Strokes could play as well, surely not coming Europe for a single date and there's not that many about in late August/September. Only played one English date (Lytham) this Summer too...

More likely for APE i think