2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Truck is half the size of Finsbury park that they also headlined

Can't argue with them as a 4th down booking really if they are headlining a 45k park. Jamie T is doing that and a lot of people seem to think hes MSW or nothing

They 'Co-headlined' truck behind Fender tbf

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Truck is half the size of Finsbury park that they also headlined

Can't argue with them as a 4th down booking really if they are headlining a 45k park. Jamie T is doing that and a lot of people seem to think hes MSW or nothing

It’s more the amazement that they can sell out 22.5k yet alone 45k 

Fair play to them, hard to imagine an audience for them in this day and age

On 11/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Chad888 said:

Chemical Brothers aren't headlining, they would do a Pendulum appearance at most.

Don't think you relise how big the chem brothers are, they headlined APE this year and have headlined other fetivals in the uk like IOW. They could easily headline MSW, Maybe even MSE but that might be stretching it

45 minutes ago, Bmaz said:

Don't think you relise how big the chem brothers are, they headlined APE this year and have headlined other fetivals in the uk like IOW. They could easily headline MSW, Maybe even MSE but that might be stretching it

They wouldn’t though because they’re completely unsuited to Reading and Leeds and there would genuinely be about 40 people who have any idea who they are. It’s a waste of a booking and for those reasons, it simply won’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

i reckon wireless swerve him next year because they already have issues with people pushing through their barriers and coming in.

You’d hope he’ll be doing the opposite of encouraging that in future

9 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Sziget have confirmed their first wave of acts will be announced mid-November. Can't see it being much longer for the R&L first announcement. Should also give us a good indication if the 5 names we were given are around and about.

Can someone remind me of the 5 names so I don't have to trawl through the thread please. Hopefully better than Glastonbury predicated 3 of am, gnr and Elton 

8 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Machine gun kelly also hinted at it on stage

Completely forgot about that and I was there in Leeds (know he said it in London as well with Melv present). Thinking back, what he said definitely hinted at it but the way he said it didn’t make it sound like he’s booked for 2023. Only my interpretation though