2023 Festival

TheWaters

58 minutes ago, enquirer said:

praying the supposed leaked headliners aren’t real

Same here, I won’t be going for the first time in 26 years if so.

I think they’re a pretty good set as a whole, there’s just nothing there for me, having seen them all bar KSI before.

Knowing there will be no decent alternatives on other stages, ends the festival for me

5 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Ally pally has sold badly.  Saw loads of tickets on twickets as low as £11 before twickets nuked the event and put it back on today

Won't help that it's on a school night. No shade being thrown, I'm serious, his fanbase is gonna mostly be young.

49 minutes ago, stanh said:

What an awful take. Central Cee could and would comfortably sub.

Really?

Arrdee in his 18 months being active has 9 singles - 1 x no.1, 4 more top 10, another 2 top 20.

Central Cee has 14 singles in the same time frame - 3 in top 10, 3 more in top 20.

Tion Wayne is bigger than both and he headlined 1xtra. Aitch is bigger than them all and we are debating if he is big enough to sub.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Really?

Arrdee in his 18 months being active has 9 singles - 1 x no.1, 4 more top 10, another 2 top 20.

Central Cee has 14 singles in the same time frame - 3 in top 10, 3 more in top 20.

Tion Wayne is bigger than both and he headlined 1xtra. Aitch is bigger than them all and we are debating if he is big enough to sub.

Chart success isn't the be all and end all to an artists placement, yes chart success has some impact, but it certainly isn't the only factor... I'd say Cench is around the same size as Aitch, if not slightly bigger, he definitely proves that with the crowd sizes he pulls at festivals (see at the very bottom of the post a picture of his crowd size at Parklife, probably got a similar, if not bigger crowd than Lewis Capaldi), then before these extra tickets had gone on sale for both dates, he *had* sold out two 10k nights, one at Ally Pally and one at Warehouse Project, based on all of that, I would be absolutely baffled if he wasn't either a sub or special guest, yet alone headline the 1Xtra, I'd honestly imagine if he was in there, it would be absolute carnage and chaos! 

Also thought I'd add, if we are going to use streaming figures as an example, streaming wise, Cench absolutely trumps Arrdee, Tion Wayne and Aitch, see below with their 'top 5' current most popular songs on Spotify.

Central Cee:

1233022561_Screenshot2022-10-24at15_13_32.thumb.png.d9447bcd4c12b8eeabfe0727d9d825c9.png

Arrdee:

1227745741_Screenshot2022-10-24at15_13_53.thumb.png.9f79e7236d24e6a0bf3100f3db09c129.png

Tion Wayne:

761351557_Screenshot2022-10-24at15_14_13.thumb.png.961f20a4f482a818bc4ef8e0f4f0bf4b.png

Aitch:

83582498_Screenshot2022-10-24at15_15_32.thumb.png.b3dd243aa51647c2b1291cecf90c67a1.png

Parklife Crowd (+ stretched much further back, filled the entire valley):

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.2ea187f087bd7a173a61a280ccef016b.jpeg

3 minutes ago, stanh said:

Parklife Crowd (+ stretched much further back, filled the entire valley):

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.2ea187f087bd7a173a61a280ccef016b.jpeg

These things always need a little contex, who was on before, who was on after, who was competing

No doubt a big draw but at a no camping festival, people are always going to be somewhere

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

These things always need a little contex, who was on before, who was on after, who was competing

No doubt a big draw but at a no camping festival, people are always going to be somewhere

The times changed a little bit last minute, so clashed slightly with Mahalia and Headie One on the main stage, other noteable acts include Peggy Gou (a Parklife favourite) and Solardo. Andy C was on beforehand, and didn't have much of a crowd, DJ EZ was on after and the field emptied.

He also has drawn decent crowds at R1BW this year alongside Wireless, and then overseas festivals like Rolling Loud and Listen Out.

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Really?

Its not 2005, top 10 singles and the like mean nothing. Not to be an arsehole but just listen to people who are actually in the r&l core audience and know how big these tiktok rappers are vs just looking at the big top 40 stats page

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, gfa said:

@charliercformatting messed up above - they were saying killers don't suit rather than aren't big enough

It's kinda of an odd argument, mind, given it's a genuine question as to what does suit R&L anymore? It's kind of a real disparate everything and anything festival to some extent capable of booking anything as a bill topper. Plus if they're going to book Kings of Leon, who broke through at the same time and I would argue have a fanbase not a million miles away, The Killers also fit.

That and Mr Brightside is one of those things that can seemingly spark a singalong anywhere.

But then equally it's availability again and they do seem to prefer the June/July European runs rather than August. Equally, also depends if they're actually lining anything up for 2023 anyway. I think they have a new album in the works, given it was hinted Boy was the lead single of a new LP.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

It's kinda of an odd argument, mind, given it's a genuine question as to what does suit R&L anymore? It's kind of a real disparate everything and anything festival to some extent capable of booking anything as a bill topper. Plus if they're going to book Kings of Leon, who broke through at the same time and I would argue have a fanbase not a million miles away, The Killers also fit.

That and Mr Brightside is one of those things that can seemingly spark a singalong anywhere.

But then equally it's availability again and they do seem to prefer the June/July European runs rather than August. Equally, also depends if they're actually lining anything up for 2023 anyway. I think they have a new album in the works, given it was hinted Boy was the lead single of a new LP.

The Killers are far more impressive / well known tunes than KoL imo - and their UK tour proves this

3 hours ago, stanh said:

The times changed a little bit last minute, so clashed slightly with Mahalia and Headie One on the main stage, other noteable acts include Peggy Gou (a Parklife favourite) and Solardo. Andy C was on beforehand, and didn't have much of a crowd, DJ EZ was on after and the field emptied.

He also has drawn decent crowds at R1BW this year alongside Wireless, and then overseas festivals like Rolling Loud and Listen Out.

I'm not doubting that Central Cee is big, the second he named Doja Cat in a song he got the entire US rap crowd looking at him..

I still see him as some underground grime rapper, we can say "but TikTok" all we like but just look how fleeting the popularity is with every song that hits on that, artist gets huge numbers and then vanish. 

I get that's what the kids like though at the moment, but that is exactly what the 1xtra is for, and earlier in the day on MS's.

Aitch is wider crowd pleasing. ArrDee is a complete phony industry plant.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Said some predictions for 2 years ago festival and got them right.

Says he is in direct contact with KSIs team and that is where he got them from.

My only qualm with the validity of the 5 names we got is would KSIs team even know who the other headliners are? I understand OP said KSI was the only one he was dead certain on but idk, I just don’t think that’s information KSIs team would have at their disposal. Happy to be proved wrong though. Patiently awaiting the return of Dan tbf.

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I'm not doubting that Central Cee is big, the second he named Doja Cat in a song he got the entire US rap crowd looking at him..

I still see him as some underground grime rapper, we can say "but TikTok" all we like but just look how fleeting the popularity is with every song that hits on that, artist gets huge numbers and then vanish. 

I get that's what the kids like though at the moment, but that is exactly what the 1xtra is for, and earlier in the day on MS's.

Aitch is wider crowd pleasing. ArrDee is a complete phony industry plant.

He is in no way underground, he has been an artist within the scene on the rise for a couple years now. And wont just get "huge numbers and then vanish", he is already becoming a staple act within the UK rap scene - including scoring his first Number 1 album, as an independent artist.

I don't know what we need to say or do to make you realise this, but he is FAR too big for the 1Xtra stage, and isn't just another 'TikTok act' either, in fact only 2 of his songs I've heard in a fair amount on there (Obsessed With You and Doja). 

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

My only qualm with the validity of the 5 names we got is would KSIs team even know who the other headliners are? I understand OP said KSI was the only one he was dead certain on but idk, I just don’t think that’s information KSIs team would have at their disposal. Happy to be proved wrong though. Patiently awaiting the return of Dan tbf.

I agree, but the previous info I've had came from the same person! I have no idea really how they know the others, I guess information just gets passed around the industry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Last year we got Arctic Monkeys from BMTHs team in an interview.

10 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Last year we got Arctic Monkeys from BMTHs team in an interview.

Yes the night before the lineup dropped with that interview being filmed a couple of days before that. They had probably seen the poster. I very much doubt KSI’s team have any info on who is playing right now other than KSI given we’re seemingly nowhere near a lineup drop.

Edited by FeverDream

6 hours ago, gfa said:

They'd fit decently as the 6th name with the current 5 as well i think

They'd be a great headliner, but they're not down for 2023 as far as I know.

I know "trust me bro" is an annoying source on the internet, but that's all I can offer but I've been told by a reliable source it's not them. No idea who it is, just been specifically told "not Kasabian" 🤣

19 minutes ago, K2SO said:

They'd be a great headliner, but they're not down for 2023 as far as I know.

I know "trust me bro" is an annoying source on the internet, but that's all I can offer but I've been told by a reliable source it's not them. No idea who it is, just been specifically told "not Kasabian" 🤣

Fair enough