Download 2023

On 1/22/2023 at 2:24 PM, Spiral_Low said:

I wonder if Download are gonna avoid doing an announcement of the announcement this time round. Better to drop a surprise announcement that gets people hyped about the 'surprise' rather than hype people up and then they feel let down when x band isn't announced. 

Couldn't you apply this thought to any announcement though? Why specifically for the 2nd Download announcement? Anyway the hype and the press of an upcoming announcement is worth more to the festival than just dropping a surprise announcement.

17 hours ago, justanothername said:

Couldn't you apply this thought to any announcement though? Why specifically for the 2nd Download announcement? Anyway the hype and the press of an upcoming announcement is worth more to the festival than just dropping a surprise announcement.

Of course you can apply it to any but hype and press is always loads for first announcement and minimal for the rest. 

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

One of the official forum leakers has said that they were originally booked to play third but were removed because they couldn't be arsed with the controversy. Tracks with what he said ages ago when they weren't on the poster. 

Both of them saying Pantera aren't playing. 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not gonna lie, Pantera would’ve been great to see, but they also deserve all the flack they’re getting and removing them was probably the right call. 

Ditto my thoughts. I would have had a great time watching them at DL but yeah, it’s the right call. Just get Malevolence back on the Main Stage to fill the groove shaped hole. 

I’d love to see some more female fronted bands at this years festival , Namely :

Spiritbox

As Everything Unfolds

Venues (incredible band from Germany if you haven’t heard their stuff …you definitely should 

Delain- new singer is incredible 

Lacuna Coil

• Like 1

Apex:  METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Clutch / Mammoth WVH / Alien Weaponry

Opus:  Pendulum / The Distillers / Hollywood Undead

__

Apex: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Disturbed / Sleep Token / Motionless In White / Bad Wolves / Nova Twins

Opus: Evanescence / Within Temptation / Arch Enemy

__

Apex: METALLICA / Five Finger Death Punch / Gojira / Behemoth / Ice Nine Kills / Jinjer / Lorna Shore

Opus: Placebo / Alexisonfire / Three Days Grace

__

Apex: SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Limp Bizkit / Spiritbox / As I Lay Dying / Soulfly / Vended

Opus: Ghost / Incubus / Ville Valo

I think we’ll end up with: 

Subs: Five Finger Death Punch, Architects, Limp Bizkit & Parkway Drive 

3rd down: Halestorm, Gojira, Disturbed & Lamb of God 

2nd stage headliners: Pendulum, Evanescence, Placebo & Ghost 

2nd stage subs: I Prevail, Within Temptation, Incubus & The Distillers 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think we’ll end up with: 

Subs: Five Finger Death Punch, Architects, Limp Bizkit & Parkway Drive 

3rd down: Halestorm, Gojira, Disturbed & Lamb of God 

2nd stage headliners: Pendulum, Evanescence, Placebo & Ghost 

2nd stage subs: I Prevail, Within Temptation, Incubus & The Distillers 

Think you could be spot on here. 

4 hours ago, Hazz said:

I’d love to see some more female fronted bands at this years festival , Namely :

Spiritbox

As Everything Unfolds

Venues (incredible band from Germany if you haven’t heard their stuff …you definitely should 

Delain- new singer is incredible 

Lacuna Coil

I would love to see one day at Download on the main stage dedicated to female fronted bands. Would make a nice change. 

Yes it’s high time this happened 

16 hours ago, Hazz said:

I’d love to see some more female fronted bands at this years festival

I noticed quite a lot of female fronted stuff in the smaller names on the poster, check out Nova Twins, Dead Sara and Lake Malice. Halestorm already self confirmed too 😉

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I noticed quite a lot of female fronted stuff in the smaller names on the poster, check out Nova Twins, Dead Sara and Lake Malice. Halestorm already self confirmed too 😉

I wanna add Pupil Slicer to that list. Great band.

As for other good female heavy bands that haven't been mentioned so far: Heriot, Code Orange, Mortality Rate/World of Pleasure, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Scowl, Abrasion, This is Your God, HIRS, Petrol Girls, GEL, no right and Entry. Year of the Knife has also become a female fronted band with Madison now becoming the vocalist.