Download 2023

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost are headlining second and finishing before Slipknot according to one of the leakers on the DL forums. 

Architects below BMTH and Parkway under Slipknot. 

I’m expecting Alter Bridge to sub and think Nightwish would have but they’ve dropped out. I think BFMV will sadly get the call to fill in and sub. 

Lamb of God definitely to come too and Halestorm self confirmed. 

Praying for Turnstile. 

Ghost are playing the Sunday? We all thought they were doing Friday before or did I miss an update?

My double denim pal who wants to go is not impressed with the line up and called it sh*t 🤣

Just now, metallimuse said:

Ghost are playing the Sunday? We all thought they were doing Friday before or did I miss an update?

My double denim pal who wants to go is not impressed with the line up and called it sh*t 🤣

Nah the day wasn't really in the running, leaker say Sunday headlining 2nd before Slipknot, their website says Thursday but a lot of the time artists will just put the first day of the fest as a placeholder. Leaker also says these things are always subject to change

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’m guessing Second Stage headliner but the dream would be them subbing The Prodigy on that stage. 

Having seen both of them live in past few years, that would honestly be a bad booking for The Prodigy tbh following Pendulum would make them look bad tbh. 

I love them both too but after Keith there's something missing a bit. 

Edited by Xeph1995

1 hour ago, Codhead said:

Did anyone else see the list for the Apex stage on the website they appeared for a minute or two then it buggered off. The names I saw were...

Fri - Kiss, A Day to Remember.

Sat - Iron Maiden

Sun - Biffy Clyro, Rise Against.

That was this year's line-up on the main stage. I did notice those bands (and others) were still being listed on the site as bands that were being sign-languaged, but it's been removed now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Friday is BMTH / Architects on main and Evanescence on second. 

I thought they might have tried to get a Deep Purple/Scorpions etc type band on the second stage that night; seems a lot of the negative comments are aimed towards them headlining from people who were hoping someone like Thunder were finally given the nod…

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

I thought they might have tried to get a Deep Purple/Scorpions etc type band on the second stage that night; seems a lot of the negative comments are aimed towards them headlining from people who were hoping someone like Thunder were finally given the nod…

I think Evanescence are safe enough at this point for people who really really don't want to see BMTH - the Facebook grumblers will never really be happy anyway, honestly no point trying to satiate them any more. Every time they're asked who they wanted to see instead it includes bands who played this year like Monster Truck and Wayward Sons. 

Halestorm are locked in so Alter Bridge might also show up which will help.

Didn’t get much of a buzz from the announcement and to be honest, I haven’t heard of a lot of what’s been announced, particularly the smaller font bands. As an older attendee, it’s good to see younger folks on here buzzing for it. You people are the future of the festival, not the likes of me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Worried about Ghost clashing with Parkway if Ghost headlining the second stage on Sunday rumours are true. Would be a shocking decision if so.

Will be main sub > 2nd head > main head like 2022 was. Only ADTR ran a little over. The undercard is so strong this year, they won't want to waste too much of that by clashing people. 

You'll still have to get stomping from stage to stage obviously but won't be a problem seeing most of the top sets

• Upvote 1

I don't know how download can justify a £350 ticket price when Glastonbury can sell for £330 and is about 10x the size and 100x the amount of acts. I remember My download 2010 ticket cost me £160!

I like the download lineup but im not excited about it, I've been going download for over 10 years and this just seems like a repeat of what we've had before. half the acts have played the UK in the last 12 months