Download 2023

42 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hi guys, I have never been to Download but always wanted to. Mostly because its quite a journey for me but I want to make it this time around. Especially if some of these rumours are TRUE!!

So my question is, do they do instalment plans on ticket prices like some other festivals? 

Also, what is camping like? Is it okay compared to the likes of Reading and Leeds.

Any info on this festival will be much appreciated 

There's financing, yeah, 3 installments is the only one with no interest though.

As above, camping and crowd at Download is a nicer experience than any other UK fest that I've been to.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, FloorFiller said:

Would technically mean that the three subs (Architects, Pantera, Parkway Drive) would be playing ‘third’ though which just isn’t gonna happen, so if Ghost are on second I think it’s more just a case of them being willing to accept a lower slot.

4 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hi guys, I have never been to Download but always wanted to. Mostly because its quite a journey for me but I want to make it this time around. Especially if some of these rumours are TRUE!!

So my question is, do they do instalment plans on ticket prices like some other festivals? 

Also, what is camping like? Is it okay compared to the likes of Reading and Leeds.

Any info on this festival will be much appreciated 

Camping at Download is better but poor positioned. Leeds as a festival is better imo.

Having a guess, if we are it’s a double main stage, and other headliners for the other stages. 

MAIN

Thursday: Metallica/Pantera

Friday: BMTH/architects

Saturday: Metallica/Ghost

Sunday: Slipknot/Parkway Drive

Think Hundred Reasons to headline the Dogtooth stage with Hell is for Heroes subbing them. Think YM@S might be a second or third stage headliner against Metallica. I can’t even think who else right now 😂

8 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Pantera in their current form seem like a weak sub headliner tbh

Eh, I get that, but it’s still all the Pantera songs people have been yearning to hear live all these years so I doubt anybody will care if it’s not the ‘true’ Pantera. It’s a massive cash grab in pretty poor taste, but… them bangers! 

59 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Ghost are on tour in France at the end of May 👀 

Aye and playing Sweden Rock too. I'd say it's looking like Chinstrap (leaker in official forums) might be legit after all. I'd speculate from how he words things that he's in the music media and seen first announcement info. 

Also Spiritbox supporting Ghost - hope they have a mainstage spot at Download. 

8 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Aye and playing Sweden Rock too. I'd say it's looking like Chinstrap (leaker in official forums) might be legit after all. I'd speculate from how he words things that he's in the music media and seen first announcement info. 

Also Spiritbox supporting Ghost - hope they have a mainstage spot at Download. 

If Ghost headline 2nd stage then Spiritbox could sub them on there?

If we're going the double main stage route which I'm not a big fan of

Metallica/Alter Bridge/Halestorm  |  The Prodigy/Pendulum/Hollywood Undead

BMTH/Architects/Don Broco  |  Judas Priest/Slash/Clutch

Metallica/Pantera/Disturbed  |  Ghost/Within Temptation/Jinjer

Slipknot/Parkway Drive/Gojira  |  The Offspring/Rancid/NOFX

3 minutes ago, beetchez said:

If we're going the double main stage route which I'm not a big fan of

Metallica/Alter Bridge/Halestorm  |  The Prodigy/Pendulum/Hollywood Undead

BMTH/Architects/Don Broco  |  Judas Priest/Slash/Clutch

Metallica/Pantera/Disturbed  |  Ghost/Within Temptation/Jinjer

Slipknot/Parkway Drive/Gojira  |  The Offspring/Rancid/NOFX

No way would it be that strong. That second stage Thursday is mental. 

31 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

The lightning in the poster hits the UK right where DL is... 

8em664ff5dw91.jpg

It's nowhere near Download, it hits South of Birmingham. Honestly it looks like it's hitting Milton Keynes. Though it seems as if the lighting strikes are more representative of the country the band is going to play opposed to actual locations.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s a lot of good stuff all over that prediction, and you choose the run of act that has Hollywood Undead on it as an example of it being really strong…

Nah The Offspring, Rancid and NOFX would be my main go to but I chose a more realistic one. The Prodigy and Pendulum is great. I 'liked' Hollywood Undead years ago. 

I'm bothered about 3 bands on Friday and Saturday combined and Slipknot obviously but nothing under them...which I'm expecting to be how it is. I've rarely liked a Slipknot lineup day at Download.

11 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Will be a great first proper Download for me if so!

You'll have a great time regardless mate, cracking festival with a cracking crowd - as long as you bring good walking boots, a pack of fresh socks, a waterproof and your own toilet paper.