Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Would be nice if Primavara could get rid of the liquid masquerading as beer called Heineken as their sponsor this year, who’ve had it since 2013.

Bring back estrella damm!

i've definitely had estrella at PS in the last five year or so, haven't i? or have i?

17 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Have black county new road canned this too?

not yet - apparently they're looking to recruit a new singer/regroup, and the UK tour in april (i think) still stands. but this does seem a little optimistic considering he was the best thing about them imho

54 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

not yet - apparently they're looking to recruit a new singer/regroup, and the UK tour in april (i think) still stands. but this does seem a little optimistic considering he was the best thing about them imho

Don't think so. April tour is off - band don't seem to be looking for a new vocalist from recent interviews. They've said if (or rather when) they do play they won't play any of the previous stuff (AFUT included) out of respect for Isaacs contributions.

It's looking like Tyler the bassist might be doing vocals, but it'll be new stuff.

Edited by scatteredscreens

47 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Don't think so. April tour is off - band don't seem to be looking for a new vocalist from recent interviews. They've said if (or rather when) they do play they won't play any of the previous stuff (AFUT included) out of respect for Isaacs contributions.

It's looking like Tyler the bassist might be doing vocals, but it'll be new stuff.

oh weird, i was assured my ticket for april still stood, but it did seem really really unlikely

3 hours ago, gigi21 said:

June of 44 announced a European Tour, May 19 to 29. They would be a nice nostalgic addition to me.

They were there in 2019. I enjoyed their show at Adidas Stage. I do not mind to see them again

Nothing official yet, but with rumours of Sunny Day Real Estate returning... would be a great addition. 

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Would be nice if Primavara could get rid of the liquid masquerading as beer called Heineken as their sponsor this year, who’ve had it since 2013.

Bring back estrella damm!

If only! I'd be happy to San Miguel back.

I was surprised at how much better the drink situation was in Porto in 2014. Separate kiosks for wine, cider & beer. They even offered four(!) different styles of beer.

I understand that having Heineken as a sponsor wouldn't allow the sale of other brands, but really wish it wasn't the case. Especially considering how much craft beer has taken off in Barcelona. 😕

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ohseptember said:

If only! I'd be happy to San Miguel back.

I was surprised at how much better the drink situation was in Porto in 2014. Separate kiosks for wine, cider & beer. They even offered four(!) different styles of beer.

I understand that having Heineken as a sponsor wouldn't allow the sale of other brands, but really wish it wasn't the case. Especially considering how much craft beer has taken off in Barcelona. 😕

What else did they sell in Barcelona last time? I don't drink beer so would be keen to know! Is there a cider?

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What else did they sell in Barcelona last time? I don't drink beer so would be keen to know! Is there a cider?

Wine is OK. However, the selection is very limited - only one or two kinds of each of white, rosé and red. And also there are only three or four wine stands in the whole festival area (but somehow the queues aren't that bad).

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fair enough! Hopefully someone else will be able to tell me. 

Apparently, some bars sell "Ladron de Manzanas" cider (literal translation "thieves of apples"). Not sure of how widely available it is.

In the UK, the brand is known as Orchard Thieves. Never tried it myself.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Apparently, some bars sell "Ladron de Manzanas" cider (literal translation "thieves of apples"). Not sure of how widely available it is.

In the UK, the brand is known as Orchard Thieves. Never tried it myself.

Ah that's reassuring! I drink Orchard Thieves all the time. Presume spirits fairy widely available as well?

Was having flashbacks to Electric Picnic 2012 for a second there - not a single bar selling cider and having to switch between wine and forcing myself to try the odd beer all weekend 🤢

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah that's reassuring! I drink Orchard Thieves all the time. Presume spirits fairy widely available as well?

Was having flashbacks to Electric Picnic 2012 for a second there - not a single bar selling cider and having to switch between wine and forcing myself to try the odd beer all weekend 🤢

It's crazy to think that the biggest festival in the city isn't tied-in to arguably the most famous beer brand from Barcelona, Estrella. I'm a big fan of Estrella Inedit. A frosty one of those bad boys always goes down a treat on a balmy Catalan evening.

I'm sure they have you covered, worth checking all the bars on the site, they may differ slightly from each other.

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's crazy to think that the biggest festival in the city isn't tied-in to arguably the most famous beer brand from Barcelona, Estrella. I'm a big fan of Estrella Inedit. A frosty one of those bad boys always goes down a treat on a balmy Catalan evening.

I'm sure they have you covered, worth checking all the bars on the site, they may differ slightly from each other.

Yeah sure it will be fine, might just take a bit of research early on. I'm so used to getting a cold pint of cider at UK fests so forget that's not a universal thing.