Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Great spot. Alegria is a song of theirs and "es evident" is a line in it (thank you, google). But with all due respect, surely they're not doing a huge ad and a countdown just for that?

Exactly - which is why I think the Alegria Font thing will be very low key i.e. they'll have their music playing in the background of their Dates Announcement video next week as a wink and a nod but won't hype them up or announce them. And btw can't claim it was me that made the Alegria link.

Alegria is of course a good message to promote, independent of the band.

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Forest Swords replied with a fire emoji to the announcement of the line up date so hopefully he's playing. 

He was brilliant at Sonar By Day a couple of years back. Would be absolutely perfect for a post-sundown set at Ray Ban or similar. Fingers crossed.

well, I’ve soft booked the three potential long weekends PS might be next year at the same hotel, and the prices are different but who knows why that might be. 

five nights starting:

may 25th - £416

June 1st - £620

june 8th - £600

(I realise I might be part of the problem, artificially inflating prices)

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Exactly - which is why I think the Alegria Font thing will be very low key i.e. they'll have their music playing in the background of their Dates Announcement video next week as a wink and a nod but won't hype them up or announce them. And btw can't claim it was me that made the Alegria link.

Alegria is of course a good message to promote, independent of the band.

1 normal weekend + a spanish bands weekend with Antonia Font reunion ? 

Edited by Fabrizzo

13 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

1 normal weekend + a spanish bands weekend with Antonia Font reunion ? 

Can't imagine there'd be anywhere near enough demand for the latter.

In the end I suspect we'll have two lineups with some completely different headliners as that's what shifts tickets after all and then an undercard which is similar (but not the same) across the two weekends.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Can't imagine there'd be anywhere near enough demand for the latter.

In the end I suspect we'll have two lineups with some completely different headliners as that's what shifts tickets after all and then an undercard which is similar (but not the same) across the two weekends.

If this is the case, I'm prepared to spend 2 weeks in Barcelona next year.

22 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

well, I’ve soft booked the three potential long weekends PS might be next year at the same hotel, and the prices are different but who knows why that might be. 

five nights starting:

may 25th - £416

June 1st - £620

june 8th - £600

(I realise I might be part of the problem, artificially inflating prices)

Is the hotel near the Forum? It seems all the hotels I visited on previous editions aren't open for booking yet.

53 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Out of curiosity, what is seen as a 'good price' for the Wednesday till Monday? Never been before so been having a look on booking.com and the prices seem to be all over the place. 

Totally depends on how close you want to be to the festival site, and how many stars for the hotel. All the ones beside the forum are 4 stars at least , also once the dates are released the price will only go up . Like @Ohjesus I have soft booked a hotel for 2 different weekends

11 hours ago, Bez2019 said:

If it is split over two weekends, do we think current ticket holders will get a choice of which weekend they want? I've just gone through a bastard break up from my partner, so I now have two tickets. 

I guess you'll get to chose, it would be really unfair otherwise.

Also, sorry to hear that 😞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bez2019 said:

If it is split over two weekends, do we think current ticket holders will get a choice of which weekend they want? I've just gone through a bastard break up from my partner, so I now have two tickets. 

The good news is that you can easily sell one of them or maybe do both the weeks and have a great holiday in Spain 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

The good news is that you can easily sell one of them or maybe do both the weeks and have a great holiday in Spain 🙂

I'm seriously considering maxing out the credit card and doing both.

Never done a festival on my own, but I feel really comfortable at Primavera, and Barcelona in general.

• Upvote 3

On 4/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Bime Live is one that always goes unmentioned. Never been myself but the lineups usually very impressive for the price and all the reviews are pretty positive. Nothing announced for this year thus far but it's still pretty early in the year for any announcement, regardless of covid. 

Bilbao certainly wont be as hot as Benidorm, but i imagine theres a lot more to do during the day! 

https://www.bime.net/live/en/

I've been several times at bime and would go again if possible..

I'm trying to figure out it they plan to have the festival...last year they held an event with conferences and other talking about music...

Anyone got news about it<?