dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I haven’t seen a group of blokes enjoying each other’s comedy to the amusement of absolutely nobody else like this since that time I saw The Wurzels at Scrumpypalooza.

The size of their crowd at Avalon in 2010 was as baffling to me as the crowds at Craig David and Rag n bone man in recent years.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I haven’t seen a group of blokes enjoying each other’s comedy to the amusement of absolutely nobody else like this since that time I saw The Wurzels at Scrumpypalooza.

I'm just filtering roasting opportunities through the sieve of keeping it to musicality and not just riffing on the size of Nick Cave's forehead.

Edited by Quark

If playing lead guitar is like making love, Jack White is a repressed husband from the fifties, who only ever does it in missionary, going through the exact same routine every time, grunting and gurning for effect, and giving no thought to his partner’s pleasure, before climaxing, rolling off her and promptly falling asleep. And then snoring.

Radiohead’s so called legendary sets on the Pyramid are really just shared false memories like Bogart saying Play it again Sam or the Moon landings. We all think they were so good where in reality it was five middle class nice white boys who sound a bit like Topographic Oceans era Yes boring the tits off people.

And whilst I’m at it Bowie 2000 was so under rehearsed and ramshackle it sounded like a pub tribute band. 

There. I’ve said it.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Billie Eilish's bedroom pop is the sound of the final state of a progression that started when school sports days were replaced with participation trophies.

Meanwhile those who get wound up about participation trophies have brought us Brexit, Lawrence Fox and Queen's greatest hits available on vinyl in Sainsbury's.