news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just had a nervy thought. We know the funeral will now be a public holiday. So will the coronation. People are expecting the coronation to be next year due to all the planning involved. 

If it’s the end of June it could clash big time. 

If you're insinuating that it may affect Glastonbury going ahead, surely not?!

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just had a nervy thought. We know the funeral will now be a public holiday. So will the coronation. People are expecting the coronation to be next year due to all the planning involved. 

If it’s the end of June it could clash big time. 

Why a nervy thought hopefully it would just save us a day’s holiday! 

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

If you're insinuating that it may affect Glastonbury going ahead, surely not?!

The last major event in London coincided with a fallow year which I believe was brought forward to accommodate the need for event equipment elsewhere.

The last coronation was also in June. There’s legitimate reasons to be concerned. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The last major event in London coincided with a fallow year which I believe was brought forward to accommodate the need for event equipment elsewhere.

The last coronation was also in June. There’s legitimate reasons to be concerned. 

Do you mean the Olympics? Don't think they're gonna need anything like as much infrastructure and equipment for a coronation. Just at the Abbey or St Paul's for a few hours I assume. Not like they're going to need Portaloos. 

It's more like the jubilee by comparison. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do you mean the Olympics? Don't think they're gonna need anything like as much infrastructure and equipment for a coronation. Just at the Abbey or St Paul's for a few hours I assume. Not like they're going to need Portaloos. 

It's more like the jubilee by comparison. 

Also Glastonbury is much less reliant on portaloos these days anyways so apart from maybe some morons thinking everyone should be watching it I can’t see an issue. 

Also Charles is not as popular I would think he’d be unlikely to want it on a big weekend for the BBC already. It doesn’t have to take place on any particular date so they won’t let it clash with another huge cultural event. 

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Apparently they will do it sooner rather than later given Charles is the oldest to ascend to the throne, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's earlier than June