news & politics:discussion

zahidf

To be fair this particular friend, while left leaning, is very old fashioned in a lot of ways and we have little in common. Kind of why I like him. But no way we don't get into a heated debate after a pint or two. Mind you I am knackered so might just nod and change the subject.

Enjoy the speech guys.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

To be fair this particular friend, while left leaning, is very old fashioned in a lot of ways and we have little in common. Kind of why I like him. But no way we don't get into a heated debate after a pint or two. Mind you I am knackered so might just nod and change the subject.

Enjoy the speech guys.

Have a good evening too.

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

At least he hasn't said mummy and sucked his thumb yet...

Isn't that the job of the servant who puts his toothpaste on his brush to do that for him?

Edited by Kurosagi
[A link for the royalists on the thread to remind them that even the Queen thought our new King's (gawd bless him) habits were excessive]

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've just had nearly 2 weeks off work & just logged on to check next week's rota. There's an email waiting for me, saying all employees must wear dark clothing for any meetings for the period of mourning. FFS, it's completely mental! I absolutely refuse, they can fuck off! 

Wear the brightest clothes you own and maybe dye your hair rainbow colours.

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've just had nearly 2 weeks off work & just logged on to check next week's rota. There's an email waiting for me, saying all employees must wear dark clothing for any meetings for the period of mourning. FFS, it's completely mental! I absolutely refuse, they can fuck off! 

Who do you work for, a private firm I assume?

No, local government. I'll be on the phone to UNISON first thing Monday if they kick off about me refusing to comply.

absolute bloody disgrace that id absolutely be doing the same .... keep us updated . id also be checking any uniform policy your company has and if there are times that they can demand changes without notice ... 

Edited by Crazyfool01

No, local government. I'll be on the phone to UNISON first thing Monday if they kick off about me refusing to comply.

Ah that would be why, you work for a public body. I agree it’s ridiculous and very annoying but it’s not surprise given it’s local government.

I guess it depends what’s in your contract for work attire, there might be some clause somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ah that would be why, you work for a public body. I agree it’s ridiculous and very annoying but it’s not surprise given it’s local government.

I guess it depends what’s in your contract for work attire, there might be some clause somewhere.

It's local government, not central government - we do NOT have to pledge allegiance to the Crown when we sign our contract!