news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I love him so much. I need to be PM. 

31 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Some people seem to be very angry these last few days. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Out of interest why weren’t people happy with the suggestion that the funeral day should become a yearly public holiday?

Please go get a life. Who are you even talking to here on your Saturday night then straight away again Sunday morning. 

Constantly banging on about Starmer to the point where it’s beyond weird and now trying to start an argument in an empty room.

Go get some fresh air and enjoy your weekend instead of wasting it with this drivel.

• Upvote 2

I find the sheer level of feeling either way to the Royals as confusing. The adoration and hatred is strange; yet when things like the new PM announcing a package that protects energy firms profits at the expense of working people those same people are nowhere to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Out of interest why weren’t people happy with the suggestion that the funeral day should become a yearly public holiday?

Because even though I’ might get a day off maybe this year … I’d actually don’t want a holiday reminder of the extreme wealth of these people whilst parts of the country are in extreme poverty …this photo sums it up for me … the bottom of the pile have to work extra hard . 

5C9DBC61-2E9F-4560-BE70-75C0DBB7A094.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Because even though I’ might get a day off maybe this year … I’d actually don’t want a holiday reminder of the extreme wealth of these people whilst parts of the country are in extreme poverty …this photo sums it up for me … the bottom of the pile have to work extra hard . 

Yes it does sum it up, so why weren’t you angry about the energy bills package that protects energy firms profits?

We should have more public holidays the suggestion of another one for this event isn’t the most radical idea in the world. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Eh … ? Are you making stuff up ? 

You are rightly angry about the wealth of the Royals yet I don’t remember you being angry about the energy bills package, unless you were then I’ll retract my statement.

The energy bill package puts prices up even further, gives handouts to energy firms and sets up a £40b package for the energy firms to dip into. In my view that’s the thing to get angry about, it’s a complete joke how the new PM is choosing to support those firms. 

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah it'd be nice to have a bank holiday that celebrates just normal people. We have enough based around religious bollocks let alone commemorating royals. 

But a day off is a day off I guess (I'm freelance so I won't get paid but it's a bonus for other people). We're way behind other European countries in terms of the number of public holidays I think.

@Ozannedon't assume that people don't have opinions about things just because they don't post them on here. I follow the news daily but that doesn't always translate to writing my feelings about it on Efests. On Friday it did so I had some things to say about the monarchy, on other days I might keep those feelings to myself or just talk about it with other people.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You are rightly angry about the wealth of the Royals yet I don’t remember you being angry about the energy bills package, unless you were then I’ll retract my statement.

The energy bill package puts prices up even further, gives handouts to energy firms and sets up a £40b package for the energy firms to dip into. In my view that’s the thing to get angry about, it’s a complete joke how the new PM is choosing to support those firms. 

Wonder how much they royals have given to help us when we the country Needs the help … they’ve got a few quid to spare I’m sure … 12 million to throw away on Andrew to start 

Yeah abolishing the monarchy could free up a fair bit of cash to pay for energy I reckon. Open those properties up to the homeless. Being angry about the existence of the monarchy is not just some weird flex, it's because it's actually grotesque that we pay for people to live like that when the country is suffering.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it'd be nice to have a bank holiday that celebrates just normal people. We have enough based around religious bollocks let alone commemorating royals. 

But a day off is a day off I guess (I'm freelance so I won't get paid but it's a bonus for other people). We're way behind other European countries in terms of the number of public holidays I think.

@Ozannedon't assume that people don't have opinions about things just because they don't post them on here. I follow the news daily but that doesn't always translate to writing my feelings about it on Efests. On Friday it did so I had some things to say about the monarchy, on other days I might keep those feelings to myself or just talk about it with other people.

I understand that and I'm not saying people should or shouldn't be angry; just expressing my confusion about the level of emotion either-side for the Royals (both love and hatred). However, if people are angry about the level of wealth of the Royals then surely they would be angry about a support package that protects profits for the very wealthy energy firms?

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Wonder how much they royals have given to help us when we the country Needs the help … they’ve got a few quid to spare I’m sure … 12 million to throw away on Andrew to start 

They probably haven't given anything to help people. The Royals can't do anything about energy prices though, the people that could have this week put out a package that makes bills higher, is that right? 

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah abolishing the monarchy could free up a fair bit of cash to pay for energy I reckon. Open those properties up to the homeless. Being angry about the existence of the monarchy is not just some weird flex, it's because it's actually grotesque that we pay for people to live like that when the country is suffering.

I think we all know that the money would only find its way into the pockets of certain donors of a certain party...

Just now, Ozanne said:

However, if people are angry about the level of wealth of the Royals then surely they would be angry about a support package that protects profits for the very wealthy energy firms?

They probably haven't given anything to help people. The Royals can't do anything about energy prices though, the people that could have this week put out a package that makes bills higher, is that right?

Why are you assuming people aren't angry about it? Because they haven't posted about it in here?

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So? Just ignore, some people clearly have nothing going on with their lives if they get this angry and things I say.

Yeah defo not you who has nothing going on with your posts on a Saturday night saying I love starmer followed by baiting people for an argument 12 hours later on the Sunday lol 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Why are you assuming people aren't angry about it? Because they haven't posted about it in here?

I would imagine they are angry about it, if someone is angry about the Royals wealth then surely they would be angry about the energy bills package. I'd hope so anyway.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not really sure what your point is then! 

I was suggesting it was confusing that people seem so angry about the Royal family but didn't seem that bothered about the energy package which has a more direct impact on people. I would assume that they are angry or at least I hope they would be!