news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

The left bloc works better together because they are more closely aligned on certain issues. However the centre party (which is the other centrist party not the liberals) are rooted in agrarian/rural politics, so they clash to a certain degree with the greens and the left party.

you disparagingly call them' centrists', what they really are are 'non-extremists'.

9 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

The left bloc works better together because they are more closely aligned on certain issues. However the centre party (which is the other centrist party not the liberals) are rooted in agrarian/rural politics, so they clash to a certain degree with the greens and the left party.

sounds messy, much better to have fptp.

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

The real question here is where the fuck was the real Paddington. 

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hiding from Patel so she doesn’t send him to Rwanda. 

They've now had to ask people to stop leaning leaving marmalade sandwiches at the palace. 

Fucking hell. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

6music seems kind of back to normal?

BBC news site still farcical though. I think it's about 30 queen stories before you get to "other news". WTF is there to say?

Yep seems like they are getting very creative with the number of ways they can say she’s dead! 

Given how desperately they always strive for balance why aren’t they interested in talking to the hundreds of thousands of people who would say this should really only matter to her family can we all just move along now? 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep seems like they are getting very creative with the number of ways they can say she’s dead! 

Given how desperately they always strive for balance why aren’t they interested in talking to the hundreds of thousands of people who would say this should really only matter to her family can we all just move along now? 

Think the answer is, we have been planning this for years so going to milk it all we can.

I know a few who will be loving all the historical angle of it all. 

18 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Couldn't agree more.

14 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Think the answer is, we have been planning this for years so going to milk it all we can.

I like the historical aspect of it, it is a pretty important event but the coverage is massively over the top. 

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I like the historical aspect of it, it is a pretty important event but the coverage is massively over the top. 

Did you see the proclamation thing on saturday when the soldiers with big furry hats on took their hats off to cheer, then put them on again? Bizarre.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Yep I just think given Emily Maitlis comments recently about the lengths to which they went to provide balance with Brexit that they could at least acknowledge that many people really are not bothered. It’s a very false narrative to act as though the whole country is in mourning. It borders on  royalist propaganda. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I just think given Emily Maitlis comments recently about the lengths to which they went to provide balance with Brexit that they could at least acknowledge that many people really are not bothered. It’s a very false narrative to act as though the whole country is in mourning. It borders on  royalist propaganda. 

That's exactly what it is, the BBC is the state broadcaster, the Queen was the head of state, the impartiality of the BBC is an illusion, they will always put forward the agenda of the state, it may sometimes be disguised by presenting an alternative view but when it's important they will do as they are told and block any dissent.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The woman arrested in Scotland for protesting has now been charged. wtf.

..and someone else led away by the police today for holding up a Not my king sign. wtf again.

And to top it off if I look at this site on my phone it says I am banned! WTFUCKERAMA.

Which goes to prove the police are no longer the independent upholders of the law they are supposed to be, we saw it with protesters during  Covid, they will carry out the wishes of the government and deny people their rights when told to.

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

That's exactly what it is, the BBC is the state broadcaster, the Queen was the head of state, the impartiality of the BBC is an illusion, they will always put forward the agenda of the state, it may sometimes be disguised by presenting an alternative view but when it's important they will do as they are told and block any dissent.

unlike the full on republicanism on sky/itv/ch4.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The woman arrested in Scotland for protesting has now been charged. wtf.

..and someone else led away by the police today for holding up a Not my king sign. wtf again.

And to top it off if I look at this site on my phone it says I am banned! WTFUCKERAMA.

You’re banned from here!?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

unlike the full on republicanism on sky/itv/ch4.

They are all the same, they all answer the same master. If they were a true independent alternative they would be shut down, have you watched RT lately? oh I forgot it was banned as soon as Putin invaded, can't have people seeing something they shouldn't.

Not believing of that full NWO conspiracy shit … but it is pretty clear that the tories have imposed some laws that are pretty crap and will get worse if they get their way with the European human rights laws . And got some people into places where they can influence in the BbC … the hope is that 2 years isn’t enough time and they can get voted out 

*against the energy company profits