news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surprised at you being so nasty to a fellow hat wearer 😁. A few LEDs on his and it could be you. 

ive yet to resort to crawling round the floor pretending to be a cat ...... but Emily if you are reading and thats whats necessary to get tickets ... 🙂 

5 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Always said he was all substance over style. Seems to me the people actually warmed to that and that he told us what we needed to hear (the truth) and not what we wanted to hear. He has a fair amount of integrity right now and I for one am delighted.

In response to the people ragging on him, it’s just the nature of these forums On times.  Some people (me) just don’t want the hassle of having to defend their position all the time. @Ozanne fought the good fight and then got ridiculed for it.  Seem that he and Drakeford were right because not only have labour had their joint best ever Senedd results, but as of yesterday we have vaccinated 74% of the adult population, average deaths per day is 0.4 and cases are 9.7 per 100k. 

I think the majority who didn't like him on here were the anti lockdown crew on the shit thread. I remember reading that he was popular in Wales because of his handling of the pandemic, but that plaid cymru were going to benefit from this...but that obviously turned out to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think the majority who didn't like him on here were the anti lockdown crew on the shit thread. I remember reading that he was popular in Wales because of his handling of the pandemic, but that plaid cymru were going to benefit from this...but that obviously turned out to be wrong.

His popularity definitely wavered and the low point was after firebreak without a doubt and again after the slow initial vaccine rollout.  I had a go at him for both and on the second part he definitely put things right. There were gripes by pubs and gyms about not opening quick enough (protests and what not) and frustrations that England was opening things up quicker despite going into lockdown two weeks after us, so if the election was 2 weeks earlier maybe a different outcome.
However Price has publicly said drakeford handled the pandemic well during the leadership debate and the appetite for a welsh referendum just isn’t there yet and that’s what plaid were pushing on