Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think you're all paranoid. Not everyone who wants to go to Glastonbury is on Twitter or a member of this forum. 

I enter loads of competitions, often for stuff I'm only vaguely interested in. I won't be logging into a John Travolta Facebook group if I win tickets to an open air screening next month.

There's no way the competition is anything other than legit, the negative publicity for the festival if it wasn't would be everywhere.

maybe .... but I think around 24 individual tickets have been won so far .... no reports from anyone on twitter , glasto chat , or here ? word of mouth is pretty strong .... it just seems odd .... they've published 1 winner but with no name ... hopefully we get a winner on here  soon .. ill still be trying of course . 

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Someone appears to have won.......

Screenshot 2021-07-15 13.51.33.png

I can see them just being a "random couple at a festival for promotion" rather than the actual winners. Strange that they'd choose a photo from Bestival rather than Glastonbury though if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

There's no way the competition is anything other than legit, the negative publicity for the festival if it wasn't would be everywhere.

While I agree with that it should be noted that not all competitions are legit. One of my younger brothers mates went abroad to teach golf at a high end golf club. Anyway, he got on well with the owner of a range of magazines while he was teaching him technique etc. the owner of the magazines told him to fill in a competition form that one of his magazines was running, so my brothers mate did, and low and behold he won the top prize of a car.

I also know of someone who worked for a newspaper (The Birmingham Evening Mail) who got someone else the top prize in a competition.

However, I doubt that Glastonbury would do that sort of thing, but they may have used a prize marketing company, whose staff might be on the fiddle. 

It’s more fishy to me that one couple has been advertised as winners, and none of the others have. Part of the T&Cs of the competition was that you agreed to publicity about your win… so why only one winning ticket promoted and none of the others? 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was looking for a hat to get on board with the conspiracy theory.

This one seems apt. And somewhat familiar. 

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg.79bdfada055ec00bb54d0c402ff42ebe.jpg

😂 I’ve steered clear of every other conspiracy theory … so need to get at least one ticked off this year 🙂 

42 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Part of the T&Cs of the competition was that you agreed to publicity about your win… 

Whereabouts is that? The terms on the co-op site have an opt out option:

'You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing worthyfarmcheese@promowinners.com'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waterdeep said:

Whereabouts is that? The terms on the co-op site have an opt out option:

'You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing worthyfarmcheese@promowinners.com'

Must have misremembered, although that still suggests they should be announcing a winner’s first name at least 

Edited by blutarsky

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Think there’s more chance of winning Takeshi’s Castle

More people have walked on the moon than  have won Takeshi’s Castle 

Edit: just seen I was beaten to it 

Edited by blutarsky

• 4 weeks later...