Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

27 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

Website suggests Aphex / Chems / Oscar and the wolf. Don’t know much about the latter but is also headlining Rock Werchter 

Yeah - that makes sense. 1975 are like 3rd down at RW so adds up.

BKS have had some great lineups recently.

Interesting one.  Melvins announced for Brighton on 29th June, they've got some European festival dates earlier in the month and then in Greece at the start of July.  Without a UK / European tour per se it sticks out as a lone UK date in festival season...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SERRIDGER said:

Blondie tour dates - been discussed as possible Legends slots on that thread , I don’t see that myself although given the iconic status she has and number of hits,  maybe she should be , more of an acoustic stage headliner for me .

D2EC926E-16C8-4FBE-A23E-A7BAEA185CE3.png

I'm gonna need an Alvvays x Belinda Carlisle link up for Belinda Says 

1 hour ago, Hutchmaster said:

We've still not had the Yeah Yeah Yeah's in Europe the right side of the festival yet, have we?

They seem to tour sporadically, with only a handful of summer dates across US/Japan/Europe and must be doing another UK festival as otherwise APE would've claimed the exclusive tag which they've done with The Strokes. So I'm hopeful they show up, unless they get announced for another UK festival soon

Edited by cwaite123

14 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

They seem to tour sporadically, with only a handful of summer dates across US/Japan/Europe and must be doing another UK festival as otherwise APE would've claimed the exclusive tag which they've done with The Strokes. So I'm hopeful they show up, unless they get announced for another UK festival soon

Connect is teasing an announcement and usually announces very APE-like lineups. if they are not there i'd be shocked

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Siouxsie, the post-punk legend will headline The Halls, Wolverhampton on 21 June 2023,

A lot of people will be happy with this - screamssss Glasto

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Interesting one.  Melvins announced for Brighton on 29th June, they've got some European festival dates earlier in the month and then in Greece at the start of July.  Without a UK / European tour per se it sticks out as a lone UK date in festival season...

full tour

Melvins, the American rockers announce 40th Anniversary Tour dates for this June,

Glasgow The Garage, 01 June
Newcastle Boiler Shop, 02
Leeds Stylus, 03
Manchester Gorilla, 04
Birmingham O2 Institute2, 05
London Electric Ballroom, 06
Brighton Chalk, 29

6 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Sorry, what's new that's ruling them out?  I only see the Bergen festival in early June above - or is it that they need to headline or nothing

They are definitely playing Bucharest on Monday 26th which has been previously announced. There are leaks of other EU dates throughout June and July floating around on Twitter but I'm yet to see one for a date that would otherwise rule them out, despite it being unlikely still.

4 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

They are definitely playing Bucharest on Monday 26th which has been previously announced. There are leaks of other EU dates throughout June and July floating around on Twitter but I'm yet to see one for a date that would otherwise rule them out, despite it being unlikely still.

Interesting - is Romania where Mel C is over the weekend too, making the Spice Girls less likely?  

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

full tour

Melvins, the American rockers announce 40th Anniversary Tour dates for this June,

Glasgow The Garage, 01 June
Newcastle Boiler Shop, 02
Leeds Stylus, 03
Manchester Gorilla, 04
Birmingham O2 Institute2, 05
London Electric Ballroom, 06
Brighton Chalk, 29

Ah, wasn't there when I looked earlier!  Still a GSH there and they're on the festival circuit after that London date. 

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Interesting - is Romania where Mel C is over the weekend too, making the Spice Girls less likely?  

yep but its thurs-sun and i don't think the day shes playing is confirmed yet. Given they would be on sunday i wouldn't look too much into it

1 hour ago, gfa said:

yep but its thurs-sun and i don't think the day shes playing is confirmed yet. Given they would be on sunday i wouldn't look too much into it

Tbf, If the spice girls were playing one of the biggest gigs of their careers im doubting Mel C is off to DJ in Romania the same weekend….

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Tbf, If the spice girls were playing one of the biggest gigs of their careers im doubting Mel C is off to DJ in Romania the same weekend….

What I've been thinking too - yes she could do Romania Friday and Pyramid on Sunday, but there'd be so much to coordinate to get the spice girls all together in one place - seems like she's the most enthusiastic for it to happen and if she's disappearing to the other side of Europe the rest of them would be dropping out with other excuses.