Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

What with us hearing they wanted Nine Inch Nails to headline All Points East in 2020, that seems like a lock. Unless Trent agrees to sub Biffy at Download for old times' sake.

Yeah that was my first thought. Usually I’d prefer something closer, but APE more often than not do pretty great undercards so I imagine a day of acts suited to NIN would be killer and worth the trip.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that was my first thought. Usually I’d prefer something closer, but APE more often than not do pretty great undercards so I imagine a day of acts suited to NIN would be killer and worth the trip.

Smashing Pumpkins would be sweet. My Bloody Valentine too although they'd have been on the Prima bill.

Would Pavement be out of place?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Smashing Pumpkins would be sweet. My Bloody Valentine too although they'd have been on the Prima bill.

Iggy Pop’s around in May. Potential for a pretty great bill if Goldenvoice are looking for ideas.

My perpetual hope for Deftones to stop by the farm lives on another year. Just absolutely nowhere I can see them playing, either from their POV or the festivals. Deftones would want Other headline and the festival would offer them Other sub I’d guess

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Get Reni and Mani in too. That would be a band I'd see.

I think what disappoints me most about this is Noel resorting to tired alt.right cliches. At the very least you could count on him to be a bit original with his insults.

Noel is just trying to stay relevant. He's got a greatest hits coming out for some unknown reason.

Just got this email through and it puts HAIM at Nos Alive next year just after Glastonbury.  (Not sure if an announcement has been made but haven’t seen it here).

Also a date with The Music, The Cribs, The…. Coral, now The Snuts!! Oh The Skinner Brothers

20EDEC7C-E794-48E6-9E11-7AADCEC9D6C0.png

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they can’t tempt Aerosmith back then he’s not a bad call to replace him. Maybe even stick him on before…

I think all evidence at the moment points towards it being Aerosmith despite that band member getting cold feet

Either way - this coming week we should get a good top up of acts touring around Glasto. Rock Werchter and Mad Cool hopefully dropping some names.

RW may just be Metallica though as this week it looks like Tallica are being announced for RW, HellFest, and Mad Cool. So RW may not tell us anything new just yet!

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

One of probably very few brand new names to be announced by Mad Cool looks to be St. Vincent. Been a while for her so would be good to have her back.

Wonder where she goes nowadays.

4th top on Other? JP headliner?

On 6/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, dentalplan said:

If that leak is true I'm surprised NIN aren't on the Prima lineup themselves.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t place her on a lineup tbh. Something tells me she could work as early pyramid too.

It's a head-scratcher. Pyramid's not a bad call — St V has the crossover appeal, if not quite the hits.

Gut says mid-high Other. That bracket between 3rd and 5th from top seems to be where solidly successful North American alt acts (aka big cheeses in the 6 Music universe) tend to fall: Bright Eyes, Mac DeMarco, HAIM, Future Islands, Interpol, The National all there in recent memory.

38 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

If that leak is true I'm surprised NIN aren't on the Prima lineup themselves.

It was strange not seeing them on the poster since it had come out they were signed on for all 3 Primavera fests and now seems scrapped. And there is no reason to hide their name either. 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Wonder where she goes nowadays.

4th top on Other? JP headliner?

I'm thinking subbing John Peel à la Father John Misty. Potentially headlining Park or early afternoon Other too.

High Other and John Peel headline slots don't seem forthcoming. There was a time when it looked like she could hit that level but with the new album being something of a non-event, I think her pursuit of mainstream success is a bust.

Edited by dentalplan

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

High Other and John Peel headline slots don't seem forthcoming. There was a time when it looked like she could hit that level but with the new album being something of a non-event, I think her pursuit of mainstream success is a bust.

That was my thinking too, but I'm surprised to learn Daddy's Home has outperformed all her other albums in the UK. In at #4 (would have expected more like #14)

The campaign has been lumpy but I reckon she's a big draw for the indie dads and is still pushed rampantly by the Beeb as a 'successor to PJ Harvey' type — perhaps because they've not got a surefire replacement candidate coming through yet.

See how it plays out. Agreed that John Peel sub sounds likely, or late lunch in the sun somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That was my thinking too, but I'm surprised to learn Daddy's Home has outperformed all her other albums in the UK. In at #4 (would have expected more like #14)

Have you seen the album charts in 2021 though? It's so heavily geared towards physical sales that Dry Cleaning, Squid and BCNR all debuted at #4 as well. The Coral, Maximo Park and the Offspring charted even higher. Mogwai at number one!

I don't know exactly what has changed, and I'm not complaining, but I think there's a bit of inflation compared to the past few years.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Have you seen the album charts in 2021 though? It's so heavily geared towards physical sales that Dry Cleaning, Squid and BCNR all debuted at #4 as well. The Coral, Maximo Park and the Offspring charted even higher. Mogwai at number one!

I don't know exactly what has changed, and I'm not complaining, but I think there's a bit of inflation compared to the past few years.

Because if album streams counted more than purchases we’d have artists like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa etc #1 for a whole year as they are heavy streaming artists.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because if album streams counted more than purchases we’d have artists like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa etc #1 for a whole year as they are heavy streaming artists.

Obviously I understand that. It's not a new thing.

What I'm not sure on is why two years ago pop acts dominated the album charts all year round and now it's more of a playground for independent artists.

My assumption would be that the album is dying and playlists are king amongst the younger, high-volume music listeners. And that's why the singles chart is still full of pop releases and no Mogwai to be seen. Could be something else though - maybe the pandemic means that there are just fewer pop albums coming out because they're a more high-intensity recording thing with different writers, producers, collaborators etc.