LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

58 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Problem with the moon is that it meant they couldn't turn the crane around. I think there was something pretty awe inspiring at this massive crane spinning lights and flames around above your head...

The moon did move around on the crane on Sunday but it had 4 ropes from it to people on the ground who were keeping it steady as the boom arm rotated. They had to abort that when it got busy as the people holding the ropes couldn’t get through the crowd!

16 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If anything, I thought Glastonbury-on-Sea was poorer, I went when it eventually opened and spent about 15 minutes there. 

I set the top score on one of the Space Invaders machines on the pier... kept popping back when I was up that way to see if anyone managed to beat it. They did not.

Look out for HJ2 on the machines this year...

2 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

Into April now, reckon Silver Hayes first to announce just before Easter bank holidays, Wednesday 13th maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if Team Love have made some changes to the area to announce too!

With only 82 days until the gates open(!), we must be near the territory of one or more major announcements per week. Each of the area posters are due, plus the map, etc, etc. 

I reckon Avalon will drop first, I'm saying next Friday 

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

If he does play, where do you think he will place?

Some time on the pyramid. Can’t say really it’s a tough one.

Perhaps Wolf Alice aren’t on pyramid and are on other stage like we originally thought. Subbing Foals? A top three of Doja, Harry, Billie on the pyramid?

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some time on the pyramid. Can’t say really it’s a tough one.

Perhaps Wolf Alice aren’t on pyramid and are on other stage like we originally thought. Subbing Foals? A top three of Doja, Harry, Billie on the pyramid?

Wolf Alice into Foals would be huge, I'd be sad to miss them though. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Wolf Alice into Foals would be huge, I'd be sad to miss them though. 

We’ve recently been repeating WA on pyramid here but not long ago we thought they’d be an other sub. I think they’ve been pushed to pyramid in peoples predictions due to lack of options, but really there’s nothing tying them to that stage at all.

Without being too pendantic they played Pyramid the last time they appeared, which makes me think they are more likely to be on the Other this time.

22 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

The Strokes have a Glasto shaped hole in there tour dates... 👀

I've resigned myself that this will never happen... just putting this negativity into the ether in the hope it does.

also then they would have to have a setlist of the first 3 albums at most (preferably just play Is This It in full lads)

Edited by mjfiddy