Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

I think we need to move on from the Sam Fender thing. We've had good info he's going to be playing third down so can be fairly confident that's where he is, and there's no chance Glastonbury are going to be using that slot as the marker for where everyone else goes in. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Well, we don’t actually know that. They had self-confirmed Sunday however.

Ah! I seem to recall hearing they were on before Diana Ross. Might have imagined that!

Think it's a fair assumption though, given they sub-headlined places like Victorious and Splendour the previous year.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Glass Animals are subbing MT Stallion at Reading and Leeds so she should have more of a claim. They have hit a boost recently but it hasn’t been felt massively on festival lineups. Maybe to the world they’re just the new Portugal The Man.

They have started headlining festivals in the US just not really in Europe. They never really did the intermediate festivals here (truck, y not etc) and i think that is their issue honestly. Next year they need to headline a few of those and then maybe we can talk on the topic. MTS's placements have been all over the place so probably not worth thinking too much about her, sam fender and bicep on the other hand.

They are from Oxford so a little oxford evening on friday below Foals would be great i think (get the smile third down too?)

38 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I can't see Bicep headlining Other when there's acts like Sam Fender playing Finsbury Park. Granted Bicep are a bid draw but think it makes more sense to be WH like Jon Hopkins. 

Bicep has done all kinds of shows that parallel this. Wouldn't be the strangest thing thats happened. Foals / Sam Fender / PSB is hardly the most thrilling Other headline trio, bicep on the other hand 🙂

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Bicep are definitely doing West Holts. They're popular, but I don't think they're bigger than Justice in 2017.

I think they’re currently a bit more popular, but I really don’t think they’re gonna headline Other. West Holts seems perfect for them at this stage of their career. Other headliner next time imo if their momentum keeps up. 

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Not to mention the Specials were fifth down

We don’t know that. We knew they were Sunday Pyramid. Some thought before Diana Ross, some thought after.

edit: sorry you’ve obvs already been told this!

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Is Leon Bridges big enough to headline WH? Subbed by khruangbin would go down well if so

Yeah I think so, his tour dates are at decent sized venues. Little Simz, Leon Bridges and one of the electronic acts has a bit more balance too rather than having say both Bonobo and Bicep.

I reckon Bonobo might be a shade too big for Park now, with his big Albert Hall sesh. But wouldn't rule it out completely. I do think splitting them Bicep - Other, Bonobo - West Holts, Caribou - Park and Four Tet somewhere during the day makes sense to me. 

Alternatively they could do a repeat of the Cinematic Orchestra > Moderate > Justice run from the other year and go Caribou > Bonobo > Bicep on West Holts 

3 hours ago, gfa said:

They have started headlining festivals in the US just not really in Europe. They never really did the intermediate festivals here (truck, y not etc) and i think that is their issue honestly. Next year they need to headline a few of those and then maybe we can talk on the topic. MTS's placements have been all over the place so probably not worth thinking too much about her, sam fender and bicep on the other hand.

They are from Oxford so a little oxford evening on friday below Foals would be great i think (get the smile third down too?)

Bicep has done all kinds of shows that parallel this. Wouldn't be the strangest thing thats happened. Foals / Sam Fender / PSB is hardly the most thrilling Other headline trio, bicep on the other hand 🙂

Does anyone know what day Bicep might play? I don't want a clash with Paul. 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they’re headlining Other then they’ll be Saturday.

If they’re headlining WH it’s a 33% chance of Saturday.

Is there a slight chance they'd headline The Park? Like Jamie Xx style. Would be a wonderful moment. Rumours were that they were headlining Park last time. 

Edited by danbailey80

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Is there a slight chance they'd headline The Park? Like Jamie Xx style. Would be a wonderful moment. Rumours were that they were headlining Park last time. 

Think those rumours were just nonsense last time tbh as we already had our three Park headliners and Bicep weren’t on the poster. Far too big for that now though. Think it’s definitely gonna be West Holts for them myself.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think those rumours were just nonsense last time tbh as we already had our three Park headliners and Bicep weren’t on the poster. Far too big for that now though. Think it’s definitely gonna be West Holts for them myself.

Ffs I’ve spent the whole of today for some reason thinking Bicep were a WH headliner in 2020, probably because they’ve been a mainstay in everyone’s predictions for that slot the whole lead up to today’s poster.

56 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

It’s possible Bonobo is headlining the Park, but then you have Bonobo and Caribou taking two nights up there and it’s just passing the samey potato around from stage to stage.

Unless Caribou has dabbed down and is stuck as a perma-sub.

That’s true, though looking at his tour dates I agree with the idea that Bonobo might be a bit big for the Park now, certainly bigger than Caribou as you say. It might have been you that suggested it but splitting it as Bicep (Other), Four Tet (John Peel), Bonobo (West Holts), Caribou (Park) seems like a decent way of adding some variety. It certainly seems like there’s loads of potential headliners for each stage, with plenty of crossover between those options, so it’s tricky to work out who will be where.

16 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Ffs I’ve spent the whole of today for some reason thinking Bicep were a WH headliner in 2020, probably because they’ve been a mainstay in everyone’s predictions for that slot the whole lead up to today’s poster.

It’s always a good laugh when we just collectively decide something is happening so that’s as good a reason as any for Bicep to headline the Other stage.

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Bicep have been pretty good at putting the actual date they’re playing at festivals up on the website, so I reckon we’ll find out what day they’re on pretty soon. 

If they put saturday we're never going to hear the end of the WH vs Other headline arguments