2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I do get that but he tours and is billed as Paul McCartney inc. Most people would look at the 2020 trio and see 3 solo artists. 

Ah, come on now, that's pedantry when it's of no value.

When a phrase like "guitar band" is used it's obviously referring to a wider musical style, rather than specifically how the act is billed. Yes, he's a solo act - but one that's backed by a band that has a sound largely featuring guitars.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, that's a helluva reach dude. 

How so? I think she’s reached the level now where she’s just “Taylor Swift” and not defined by being a tweeny pop girl.

The main point is I don’t think there would be any issue at all booking both Taylor and Billie. And if you want to class Macca as a guitar band act, surely Taylor is as well?

Just now, jparx said:

How so? I think she’s reached the level now where she’s just “Taylor Swift” and not defined by being a tweeny pop girl.

The main point is I don’t think there would be any issue at all booking both Taylor and Billie. And if you want to class Macca as a guitar band act, surely Taylor is as well?

You didn't say 'tweeny pop girl' initially though, you said 'female pop headliner' and I would argue that to the general public non superfan/stan demographic, that's what she remains.

The issue is that it would be completely unreflective of the festival's booking history. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but it's far more likely that Billie is a Taylor replacement and tour dates have led to the days switching.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That's not to say it couldn't happen, but it's far more likely that Billie is a Taylor replacement and tour dates have led to the days switching.

All still open at the moment but Billie being the Friday headliner makes me think she’s a Kendrick replacement. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

how is that she definately knows about this thread ? ..... it could be something planned that unrelated to this here ? or even related to Worthy Pastures .... its a bit of a leap to say she's reading this and that is a response to it ... unless ive missed a post about meteors ? and Stella ..... McCartney ? 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely her having dates Saturday and Sunday make that the real answer?

When do you think she signed the dotted line on this then? Because to me it sounds like they added 2 extra O2 shows on a weekend they knew she was in the UK.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how is that she definately knows about this thread ? ..... it could be something planned that unrelated to this here ? or even related to Worthy Pastures .... its a bit of a leap to say she's reading this and that is a response to it ... unless ive missed a post about meteors ? and Stella ..... McCartney ? 

I hope you know I’m semi joking but also that Emily is very aware of our shenanigans.

I quite like the new Billie Eilish album, but not sure how great it'll sound in a Pyramid Headline slot. Shades of Sheeran in that it might just be a bit snoozy (I didn't see him that year - just what I've heard from people who went to see him). Good for her though – no way she'll play any other slot at this point. 

I can live without Kendrick or Macca as I've seen them both before, but desperately hoping this booking doesn't preclude them from also booking Taylor Swift.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When do you think she signed the dotted line on this then? Because to me it sounds like they added 2 extra O2 shows on a weekend they knew she was in the UK.

Aye, those shows do look like they could have been put in with Glastonbury in mind. 

I might be totally off, but I completely think she’s in for Kendrick. Still might not mean Taylor as well, Elton could well be there on the Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope you know I’m semi joking but also that Emily is very aware of our shenanigans.

difficult to read that with no emoji 🙂 .... but yep I know she reads here or has people who do .... shes the Glasto thingy isnt she ? she has all those dates in her diary 🙂 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/advice/skills/perseid-meteor-shower-how-to-see-it/

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye, those shows do look like they could have been put in with Glastonbury in mind. 

I might be totally off, but I completely think she’s in for Kendrick. Still might not mean Taylor as well, Elton could well be there on the Sunday. 

It’s all a bit fragmented and strange but my view is that Kendrick has changed plans and probably given a range of EU festivals hindsight that he won’t be around. If he’s not touring until 2023 maybe he’s scrapped this album and is doing something different?