AOTY 2020 (music publications)

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given it looks like I'm going to be doing the square root of feck all this Christmas is anyone keen for doing the eFestivals albums and tracks of the year thing again?

As previous I'll start the thread, do the counting and post the forums top tens around Christmas Eve. 

Yes sure will give me something to muse on for a while. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes sure will give me something to muse on for a while. 

Cool, I'm taking that and the 3 positive reacts as a landslide. Will stick the thread up on the 1st December.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

Revisiting the Laura Marling album, I particularly like it because I didn’t have much interest in her music before, and the album really reminds me of Joni Mitchell which can’t be bad, plus there’s the lovely final song. Always appreciate albums which have enough strength to have a great song at the end. 

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Revisiting the Laura Marling album, I particularly like it because I didn’t have much interest in her music before, and the album really reminds me of Joni Mitchell which can’t be bad, plus there’s the lovely final song. Always appreciate albums which have enough strength to have a great song at the end. 

A great final song can make me forgive and grow to love any lesser songs leading up to it in the back half of an album. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

dwyer-2.jpg

I tried to mention that but I've used my eFestivals quota for the year talking about new JD material. No one else seems excited about the remix album he's done from his fourth album of the year.

Lovely photo of him though, bit uncanny valley though anytime I see him wearing trousers.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the first thing she's done that I like.

The first that has me stop and listen, repeatedly stream and then buy. I've now listened back to other stuff and..... nah, you're alright, this'll do.