U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, Homer said:

Read on the BBC report this morning that they actually appear to have the Republican numbers to force it through this time. How long does it take to go through the whole process does anyone know?

the trial in the Senate is going to be delayed for 100 days, I've read.  To allow the Senate to get on with passing some of Dem/Biden's priority policies.

It has the advantage of a Dem controlled Senate where Republicans couldn't block witnesses. Also, perhaps, more time for more Republicans to turn against Trump to win that Senate trial.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the trial in the Senate is going to be delayed for 100 days, I've read.  To allow the Senate to get on with passing some of Dem/Biden's priority policies.

It has the advantage of a Dem controlled Senate where Republicans couldn't block witnesses. Also, perhaps, more time for more Republicans to turn against Trump to win that Senate trial.

You never know, Trump might do something a bit silly/that damages the Republicans in that time too...

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Biden has actually talkedto McDonnell to see if they can do both at the same time

GOP have probably seen that this is the perfect time to get rid of Trump from the GOP

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, my take is that the GOP will want to ditch Trump, mostly because a party wants a leader it has some control over.

The stuff from last Wedsnesday was so out of line they wont have a better chance. He cant get his crap out on twitter, and youll lose some nutters for sure, but loads of them will probably be looking at jail time at the moment

4 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

You even have to go through them to get into Disneyland. But the miserable gits probably don't go to the happiest place on Earth.

Glastonbury? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Live reddit thread with links for where to watch the action and constant updates on todays events here. 

I’ll be watching on a streaming service with user comments, not sure which one yet but I can’t wait for kick off. 

First post I saw in that thread:

Jesus, as terrifying as last Wednesday was, just imagine what would’ve happened had these people actually got hold of a Democrat, especially a far left and hated one such as AOC or another member of the ‘squad’.

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

First post I saw in that thread:

Jesus, as terrifying as last Wednesday was, just imagine what would’ve happened had these people actually got hold of a Democrat, especially a far left and hated one such as AOC or another member of the ‘squad’.

They’re currently complaining that the metal detectors that have recently been installed are preventing them from bringing their guns in. 

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Live reddit thread with links for where to watch the action and constant updates on todays events here. 

Thanks for this. Wasn’t sure when it kicked off. It’s 1am here now so it looks like another very late one for me. Can’t not watch this. 

Interesting watch, this.

One thing that struck me was the bloke from Illinois saying, essentially, how it could give foreigners ideas. They STILL don’t understand that the biggest threat to the USA is from domestic terrorists.

I also liked the point that the biggest way to show unity is for a unanimous bipartisan vote to impeach. Damn right!

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Seems that the Republicans main objection is how fast this impeachment is taking place and Trump is unable to defend himself. They're not denying what he did.

I suppose that's the big problem when you did it live on TV/on Twitter.

Latest Gaslit Nation podcast has dropped. Not listened yet but it's a very clued up pod:

https://gaslitnation.libsyn.com/clear-intent

"This two-hour special is the longest Gaslit Nation episode we have ever done, and the most serious. We break down the attack on the Capitol by domestic terrorists, showing how this was orchestrated at the highest levels of power and enabled by complicit actors in broken institutions. We lay out probable paths for the United States at this critical juncture, and discuss what we need to do to avoid the fate of the USSR, which is the model for Trump’s crime cult."

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

time for the its happening gif ? 

Both sides have another hour of debate allowed before the voting begins. 

No one is defending Trump, there’s just concern that they are rushing the process and what that might mean for future proceedings as the speed of this impeachment is setting precedents for the future.