So it starts.. Hopefully no Xmas

guypjfreak

So as it looks like a rise in the numbers is happening how about looking for a brighter spark in the darkness.. No Xmas.. 

Barrr humbug init 

This is a lighthearted post with a serious note 

Cancel Xmas 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds like they have financial constraints  with  little cash to fall back on and can’t risk committing to the festival. 

yeah, I reckon.

Larmer changed hands recently, now owned by the person who runs the production for EotR. I'm guessing the priority for tight cash is EotR, but that Larmer will come back.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ireby, about a month ago.
http://www.irebyfestival.co.uk/

I think Ireby had announced a 2021 date. Larmer never did do.

Doesn't look good for the next year tho does it.. Hey ho just gotta hope.. I've got a orrible feeling we'll all be in lockdown again soon... Only good thing is if Xmas is cancelled.... 

On that note I'll edit this thread to that lol

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think the festivals which feel they need to be extra-cautious to ensure their survival will be extra-cautious.

But most others will be aiming to go ahead. A promoter without a show to promote ceases to be a promoter.

Very true like father Xmas with no Xmas.. I'd rather have a promoter lol

Catch you later old son.. I've got to watch pj masks and play with annoying sounding toys for the rest of the day.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

The Christmas market in Leeds has been cancelled for this year. Likely to be the first of many similar cancellations around the country. 

I wonder if they’ll even bother putting lights up around the cities. No point trying to encourage crowds for the big switch on events. 

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

So as it looks like a rise in the numbers is happening how about looking for a brighter spark in the darkness.. No Xmas.. 

Barrr humbug init 

This is a lighthearted post with a serious note 

Cancel Xmas 

So you want to cancel Christmas the year after Pearl Jam stop releasing Christmas Singles? Surely that's not coincidental...what about if I have a word with Eddie?