Football 2020/2021

zahidf

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

When you get Gattuso you get Jorge Mendes too, it is certainly not worth it. Pretty much got Rafa now anyway don’t they?

Maybe though the same thing was said about Nuno last week. I think alot of this is clickbait.

If you can't get entertained on the pitch then why not in press conferences? I'd also take Rudi Garcia if he started every conference eurotrash style with "Bon Soir My British Chums!"

2 hours ago, lost said:

Maybe though the same thing was said about Nuno last week. I think alot of this is clickbait.

If you can't get entertained on the pitch then why not in press conferences? I'd also take Rudi Garcia if he started every conference eurotrash style with "Bon Soir My British Chums!"

True, although I can’t remember whether Sky said anything about Nuno

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It's funny the pecking order for pundits. Ukraine v Macedonia here comes Earnshaw and Scott Brown!

Was surprised yesterday when the BBC had Chappers, Micah and Alex Scott for the Finland v Russia afternoon match. Pretty good combination and they had a great time.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

How come every time Kane plays crap the pundits try and make out he is not fit, is it not possible for Kane to say crap just because he plays crap?

It's tough when you're up against a better team though 😂

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought Scotland played well, but it's hard to see where the goals are coming from.

Could you not say the same of England?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve been watching football regularly for close to 40 years now…

I genuinely think that was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

That's only because your team was shite. I thoroughly enjoyed the game although it was a bit nerve racking at times.

It seems completely unfair that Chelsea have both Kante and Gilmour. When Chelsea beat us 4 vs 0 at the end of the 19/20 season it was pretty amazing watching a teenager completely dominate our midfield and then he didn't seem to get a look in this season.

I think you have to say it was a mistake him not starting against the Czech Republic and hopefully won't be the difference between Scotland getting out of the group and not.

6 minutes ago, lost said:

It seems completely unfair that Chelsea have both Kante and Gilmour. When Chelsea beat us 4 vs 0 at the end of the 19/20 season it was pretty amazing watching a teenager completely dominate our midfield and then he didn't seem to get a look in this season.

That was the last game I went to at the Bridge. Gilmour absolutely bossed it that day.

23 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Group stage is just about getting through, I think the reaction from England fans on both games has been a bit Ott.

I want us to win the group tho, you get a harder RO16 but after that it’s the easier side, France or Portugal, Italy and Belgium all the side of the draw for whoever finishes second.

it’s more the performances, today was awful, had no intent at all

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I want us to win the group tho, you get a harder RO16 but after that it’s the easier side, France or Portugal, Italy and Belgium all the side of the draw for whoever finishes second.

it’s more the performances, today was awful, had no intent at all

What were the previous champions performances like in the group stage in 2016?

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

What were the previous champions performances like in the group stage in 2016?

Wales won the group, so not amazing. Conceded an injury time equaliser to Russia, came from behind to beat the Welsh, 0-0 draw with Slovakia after picking the reserves. But I guess everything at Euro 2016 for England is overshadowed by the astonishingly inept display against Iceland in the knockout round.