Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

15 minutes ago, Smashed Heron said:

Its ridiculous enough that people wear wellies (when it hasnt rained and isnt muddy) and drink cider (when they dont even like it) at Glastonbury, just because they think thats how you should behave at a festival 🙄, but to do those things and more in the comfort of your own garden would just be tragic! Are you really going to put glitter on and wave a flag about in your garden and pretend you are Glastonbury? Hahaha, let is go FFS 😆

Hey Jim, bored again?

• Upvote 1

Are many people thinking of actually going to the site itself? Im pretty sure a fair few people will be, hopefully with some decent renegade soundsystems, and it will be far more 'authentic' than hilariously drinking cider in your garden pretending to be somewhere you are not. Pretty sure thats what small children do in their gardens, (i.e play in wendy houses or drive pretend toy cars 😉), not grown adults. 

• Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Smashed Heron said:

Are many people thinking of actually going to the site itself? Im pretty sure a fair few people will be, hopefully with some decent renegade soundsystems, and it will be far more 'authentic' than hilariously drinking cider in your garden pretending to be somewhere you are not. Pretty sure thats what small children do in their gardens, (i.e play in wendy houses or drive pretend toy cars 😉), not grown adults. 

Have a great Time Jim

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashed Heron said:

Yeah, lockdown's getting to me too, Jim. Hang on in there you daft twat

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Aye, I am going for the whole nine yards with the wife. 

3 month's into lockdown. Two colleagues dead from Covid19 and my mother recovering from a bowel cancer op in Hope Hospital carried out under the most stressful conditions I can't really bare to recall.

I know you are trolling but feel free to come back at me if you really want to belittle people for wanting to close themselves off from the reality of this current shit storm of a world for a few days and escape in their garden for a few days.

Fuckin prick..

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Aye, I am going for the whole nine yards with the wife. 

3 month's into lockdown. Two colleagues dead from Covid19 and my mother recovering from a bowel cancer op in Hope Hospital carried out under the most stressful conditions I can't really bare to recall.

I know you are trolling but feel free to come back at me if you really want to belittle people for wanting to close themselves off from the reality of this current shit storm of a world for a few days and escape in their garden for a few days.

Fuckin prick..

Upvoted to cancel out the down vote. Enjoy your garden glasto.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashed Heron said:

Its ridiculous enough that people wear wellies (when it hasnt rained and isnt muddy) and drink cider (when they dont even like it) at Glastonbury, just because they think thats how you should behave at a festival 🙄, but to do those things and more in the comfort of your own garden would just be tragic! Are you really going to put glitter on and wave a flag about in your garden and pretend you are Glastonbury? Hahaha, let is go FFS 😆

Troll alert. 

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd love some sound FX. I'm sure a few years back someone had a sample of the long drops door shutting for examples? Keen to play some glasto sounds randomly. 

Any help much appreciated

Sorry me again. ANYONE HAVE THE SAMPLE OF THE LONG DROPS..?

I don't but I'm highly amused that this audio sound bite exists.

Thanks for the upvotes.  Had such a tough month and really focusing on things that make me happy is helping.

Bird song

Going for a long run at 5:30

Helping people less fortunate than me

Getting pissed in the garden under the stars

All of those activities are virtually free. The best things in life frequently are.

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I don't but I'm highly amused that this audio sound bite exists.

Thanks for the upvotes.  Had such a tough month and really focusing on things that make me happy is helping.

Bird song

Going for a long run at 5:30

Helping people less fortunate than me

Getting pissed in the garden under the stars

All of those activities are virtually free. The best things in life frequently are.

all the best .. fortunately the site has been mostly free of trolls of late ..... troll or not they have to be some kind off asshole to do this in a middle of a pandemic whilst peoples emotions are clearly not going to be in a good place .... Ill raise a toast to you in June whilst im doing similar .. :) 

• Upvote 2

On 5/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, Simsy said:

Was supposed to be Oxfam volunteering this glasto. Might replicate it at home by putting on some BBC coverage, then standing in a different room for 8 hours (while sober and wearing hi-vis).

Further to the above, I've just got a job (yay!) so I will actually be working on the Friday (boo!). Will have to keep the remote control handy so I can mute the TV if the boss calls 😂

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Sorry me again. ANYONE HAVE THE SAMPLE OF THE LONG DROPS..?

Try these

New Recording 2.m4a New Recording 3.m4a

edit- not sure it works. Anyone know how to embed or load a mp4?

edit - seems you have to download it. Its kosher honest 🙂

Edited by chuckles07

I also have a long drop mp3

i am also wanting to recreate Glastonbury at home

i also don’t give a shit if a troll doesn’t like that

now gotta go as I best get started making the sherbet lemon vodka 

• Like 1

I love a good troll, but the one on this thread is such a disappointment.

Normally they tend to have a controversial opinion about something in relation to the festival which you can at least have some fun disagreeing with.

But annoyingly this one is self trolling. The definition of tragic is going out of your way to tell strangers on an Internet forum they’re tragic.

Little Padgey has been asking about camping so I thought Glastonbury weekend would be as good a time as ever to stick the tent up and let him have a little bit of the experience.  I'm sure he'll want to go into his own bed by 9 o'clock and will want his coco pops in the morning rather than one of my bacon and sausage butties done on the stove.  I'll be happy sat in my camp chair drinking Thatchers with the tunes on.

15 hours ago, Simsy said:

Further to the above, I've just got a job (yay!) so I will actually be working on the Friday (boo!). Will have to keep the remote control handy so I can mute the TV if the boss calls 😂

Similar here - I have to return to work from the 15th, so waiting to see how the rota looks. Probably get put on the Friday and Monday 😂

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I love a good troll, but the one on this thread is such a disappointment.

Normally they tend to have a controversial opinion about something in relation to the festival which you can at least have some fun disagreeing with.

But annoyingly this one is self trolling. The definition of tragic is going out of your way to tell strangers on an Internet forum they’re tragic.

Whisper it quietly, but me too. They can be funny at times. This one is piss poor though. 

15 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Try these

New Recording 2.m4aUnavailable New Recording 3.m4aUnavailable

edit- not sure it works. Anyone know how to embed or load a mp4?

edit - seems you have to download it. Its kosher honest 🙂

PM'd you too - getting an error message saying these are unavailable. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Didn't work here but downloaded from email. Legend. 

Good. No problem. Hope it works for you, I use it as my text message alert on my phone. Makes me smile every time I hear it. Non-believers have strange looks on their face when they hear it - WTF is that? 😀

Out of interest does anyone know if you can share these type of files on here, and if so how? Its a voice recorder file on iphone. Should be similar to MP3 I would have thought but my tech knowledge is v limited.

Long Drop.m4a