Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

26 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Not just at the weekend.  I was hardly sober for the first month of lockdown!

I’ve been religiously sticking to fri to sun drinking only throughout. No idea why as I got furloughed early doors. 🤔

I’ve done well ... fairly dry 7 weeks so far ... one evening with a few cans ... but plenty of time for that to change ... think it’s a better idea for me to just have a blow out Glastonbury week ... alcohol has very unpredictable effects on blood sugars and of late they have been a bloody nightmare .. 

Me. Been given the go ahead to set the 2 man tent up in the front room, as we live in a flat and have a festival here.

Wednesday having a Brothers cider day.

Thursday veggie food and try to do some sort of silent disco 

Friday onwards watch bbc stuff with 20 litres of cider. Can’t wait.

It’s safe to say that either this thread or a new one will be filled with images of our attempts to recreate The festival in our gardens, living rooms etc. 

I’ve just one thought, we’ve booked worthy view this year so Who is going to put up a pre erected tent in our garden and more importantly who is going to cook us a duck egg omelette every morning? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

might as well walk to the site from Bristol ...  not much different :) 

I am tempted to cycle to the site at some point, but deep down I know the festival office would say "please don't" if i asked, and I don't want to go there without asking. Maybe nearer the end of the summer perhaps,

Just now, paulshane said:

I am tempted to cycle to the site at some point, but deep down I know the festival office would say "please don't" if i asked, and I don't want to go there without asking. Maybe nearer the end of the summer perhaps,

yep likewise ... im in need of a pilgrimage at some point ..... but only when its fine with the festival people ... fingers crossed for late summer 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yep likewise ... im in need of a pilgrimage at some point ..... but only when its fine with the festival people ... fingers crossed for late summer 

google maps says 2h32mins to get from my house to the main stage, so perfectly doable on a nice day, pub luch as a break (more fingers crossed there as well)

something to look forward too anyway :)

I am still working and my first holiday of the year should have been Glastonbury, still having time off hoping BBC are going to show show shit loads of old sets

Unfortunately next holidays are for latitude festival (gone) and then truck(soon gone)

Lol. Thankfully not needed the mobile urinal. My house etc. TBH, I encourage pissing round the garden as we have chickens and  someone recommended for deterring foxes. We ain't lost a chicken yet.

Did you know you know one can actually purchase lion shit on line for the same effect?

2 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Lol. Thankfully not needed the mobile urinal. My house etc. TBH, I encourage pissing round the garden as we have chickens and  someone recommended for deterring foxes. We ain't lost a chicken yet.

Did you know you know one can actually purchase lion shit on line for the same effect?

no but I have taken a fake turd to Glastonbury to keep people awake :) 

Please stay at home and saves lives. If rules are still in place we in Pilton would not welcome people from outside the village coming to visit the site. There are already people driving and parking around the lanes. They are not villagers and it is not essential travel. If they had any respect for Michael and the Eavii they wouldn’t do this.

Edited by deebeedoobee
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Please stay at home and saves lives. If rules are still in place we in Pilton would not welcome people from outside the village coming to visit the site. There are already people driving and parking around the lanes. They are not villagers and it is not essential travel. If they had any respect for Michael and the Eavii they wouldn’t do this.

We were planning on visiting at Easter weekend, but quickly decided not to. The site will be there next year.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Living in Yorkshire the fear of  M1, M42 and M5 down and back is better than any lockdown.
Although I have been told many times the people of Bristol think Glastonbury is their right.  But perhaps the person that tells me has a beef with Bristol folk and is just bitter ?

On 5/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, westholtschic said:

Me. Been given the go ahead to set the 2 man tent up in the front room, as we live in a flat and have a festival here.

Wednesday having a Brothers cider day.

Thursday veggie food and try to do some sort of silent disco 

Friday onwards watch bbc stuff with 20 litres of cider. Can’t wait.

Are you sitting in the car Tuesday night and putting your tents up Weds morning ?

And do you think you may pack up early Sunday and miss the headliners ? 

• Upvote 1

I live 30mins from the site! On a clear day i can see the tor from our local landmark hill! I know tht if i want to be back in tht field next year we have to stay inside now! Stay home stay safe and save lives! 🌈💙 we can all then return! 
Glastonbury at home cud create some good photos and memories to keep us going through the coming months! 

• Like 1