Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

1 minute ago, EV123 said:

But Kendrick is also for me the best option. By far. But in case he doesn't play, I'd rather have some of these names than another repetition. Not only for variation in the line-up, but also for some more variation in the crowd.

Yeah, but I think RW knows that too. πŸ™‚Β They'll definitely mix it up. That's their strongest point. They are very aware of not turning into a retro fest, that's why I love RW in the first place. The Strokes AND Kendrick Lamar on the same bill is a unique combo though.Β 

29 minutes ago, Aech said:

Did anyone else know @lighthouse likes Kendrick? His literally never mentioned it, on here nor efests.

You’reΒ mocking me for being positive about something I genuinely like? Β πŸ™ What are these boards for then?

Also this is Efests.

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Do we know the dates for RW2021?

(I've got Eurostar tickets and am begging to reschedule them!! - anyone had any luck with that?)

I've just submitted a form to claim for an e-voucher now. You get credit valid for any booking in the next 12 months, so I don't think there is a rush to know the dates right away as its not like its a like-for-like direct replacement. Only the booking needs to be made within 12 months, the actual date of travel can be after that (think they release schedule around 6 months in advance, so basically valid for travel late into 2021).

Β 

Link here:Β https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/service-information/coronavirus-and-eurostar-service

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

I've just submitted a form to claim for an e-voucher now. You get credit valid for any booking in the next 12 months, so I don't think there is a rush to know the dates right away as its not like its a like-for-like direct replacement. Only the booking needs to be made within 12 months, the actual date of travel can be after that (think they release schedule around 6 months in advance, so basically valid for travel late into 2021).

Β 

Link here:Β https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/service-information/coronavirus-and-eurostar-service

Thank you! the form is well hidden, I couldn't find it last time.

Voucher requested, so all we need now is RW2021 to go ahead!

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World announced their 2021 tour dates...we have our gap July 1st-4th it isΒ :)

Β 

18/06/21 - Luxembourg City, LU - Den Atelier
19/06/21 - Schessel, DE - Hurricane Festival
20/06/21 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, DE - Southside Festival
22/06/21 - Frankfurt, DE - Batschkapp
23/06/21 - Prague, CZ - Lucerna Music Bar
24/06/21 - Warsaw, PL - Proxima
27/06/21 - Cologne, DE - E-Werk
28/06/21 - Berlin, DE - Huxleys
30/06/21 - Oslo, NO - Parkteatret

06/07/21 - Manchester, UK - Academy
07/07/21 - London, UK - O2 Academy Brixton
08/07/21 - Cheltenham, UK - 2000Trees Festival
10/07/21 - Glasgow, UK - TRNSMT Festival

TBA- Amsterdam, NL - Amsterdamse Bostheater

Β 

Edited by heti
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heti said:

Jimmy Eat World announced their 2021 tour dates...we have our gap July 1st-4th it is :)

Β 

18/06/21 - Luxembourg City, LU - Den Atelier
19/06/21 - Schessel, DE - Hurricane Festival
20/06/21 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, DE - Southside Festival
22/06/21 - Frankfurt, DE - Batschkapp
23/06/21 - Prague, CZ - Lucerna Music Bar
24/06/21 - Warsaw, PL - Proxima
27/06/21 - Cologne, DE - E-Werk
28/06/21 - Berlin, DE - Huxleys
30/06/21 - Oslo, NO - Parkteatret

06/07/21 - Manchester, UK - Academy
07/07/21 - London, UK - O2 Academy Brixton
08/07/21 - Cheltenham, UK - 2000Trees Festival
10/07/21 - Glasgow, UK - TRNSMT Festival

TBA- Amsterdam, NL - Amsterdamse Bostheater

Β 

i do like some Jimmy Eat World.

Β 

Thom Yorke really nailed on now. πŸ™‚Β 

Along with the festivals, the run of Thom’s Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes headline shows in June and July have been postponed all due to the ongoing Covid virus situation. (...)Β Here is a clip of Thom, Nigel and Tarik on stage last year.. as a small reminder of what was possible, and will be again.

Β 

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers confirmed at Pinkpop: almost sure they'll make a complete tour this tour with Werchter included.

Replacing which band?Β 

(Not high on my wishlist tbh. Saw them 3 times, they were a snoozefest each time I saw them. I wanted to give them another shot by missing out on Tame Impala in 2016, only to be let down again. Never again.)

Instead of Twenty One Pilots maybe. They're the only headliner not confirmed from 2021 to 2021 at Hurricane/Southside, theycould come back with a new album in 2022. Also Ken said that maybe Kendrick Lamar would maybe not come back in 2021.Β  And if the 5th day is confirmed - even if it's not a full day -, it could help to work too.

Pearl Jam
Red Hot + Faith No More
The Strokes (or Foo Fighters)
System Of A Down + Volbeat

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Archi said:

Instead of Twenty One Pilots maybe. They're the only headliner not confirmed from 2021 to 2021 at Hurricane/Southside, theycould come back with a new album in 2022. Also Ken said that maybe Kendrick Lamar would maybe not come back in 2021.Β  And if the 5th day is confirmed - even if it's not a full day -, it could help to work too.

Pearl Jam
Red Hot + Faith No More

Still have high hopes for Kendrick Lamar, as you will know.

And even if Kendrick on't tour next year, they'll at least try to book a similar headliner. That's what they at least communicated. I loved the diversity of the headliners this year, swapping the most unique (in terms of style) headliner with another 90's band makes is a bit flat.Β 

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Pearl Jam
Red Hot + Faith No More

RHCP - FNM won't happen :D

59 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Replacing which band?Β 

(Not high on my wishlist tbh. Saw them 3 times, they were a snoozefest each time I saw them. I wanted to give them another shot by missing out on Tame Impala in 2016, only to be let down again. Never again.)

I still can't understand how somebody could refer to RHCP as somniferous.
Songs like 'Can't stop', 'By the way', 'Give it away' being played jumping around, how can that be 'a snoozefest'?
I can understand you don't like their music but the energy these guys bring with them I think is great, especially considering their age. But of course everyone has their own opinion, I just can't understand it :).
But as suggested above, instead of Twenty One Pilots wouldn't be crazy I guess.