guypjfreak

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

It's part of my religion old son.. 

Into the wild 

Watch,, read,, explore,, join the bus on fb

He's some pics all real photos.. 

They had to move the bus as too many people were making a pilgrimage to it.. And it was so far in that they needed rescuing.. 

The bus is now housed in a museum in fairbanks 

5f295cce8e318e49d0c0cb96dbee4c2f.jpg

d3d24dc726dc4ff7a9688dc69f149be7.jpg

9yJehIjvR7ULOLxeDJoth4kDDNe.jpg

1679091c5a880faf6fb5e6087eb1b2dc-5.jpg

9be866e573cbd779d7915cbf5f68b07f.jpg

images.png

into-the-wild-bus-removed-759.jpg

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

Bus_142_atrium-830x553.jpg

I read the book a few years ago, and watched the film at the weekend. My wife read it when she was 18 which inspired her to do her round the world trip. Alex Supertramp was an amazing guy. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

It's part of my religion old son.. 

Into the wild 

Watch,, read,, explore,, join the bus on fb

He's some pics all real photos.. 

They had to move the bus as too many people were making a pilgrimage to it.. And it was so far in that they needed rescuing.. 

The bus is now housed in a museum in fairbanks 

5f295cce8e318e49d0c0cb96dbee4c2f.jpg

9yJehIjvR7ULOLxeDJoth4kDDNe.jpg

1679091c5a880faf6fb5e6087eb1b2dc-5.jpg

9be866e573cbd779d7915cbf5f68b07f.jpg

images.png

into-the-wild-bus-removed-759.jpg

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

Bus_142_atrium-830x553.jpg

I bought the book as I really wanted to read it. However, before I got to read it I gave it away to a bloke who lives full time on the road, now in a van but he used to have an ambulance. However you posting this has re-inspired me to read it. I will buy another copy soon. I 'need' to know. Thanks guy 🙂

i havnt read the book, but i saw the film a few months back when i was off sick from work and the weather was miserable, it was really fitting! i'll dig out the book from somewhere and give it a burl, its a great story (though he does seem like a really infuriating sibling to have) 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Tell us more ? How long to find out ? 

I spoke to him back in 2019 so had his contact details. Just sent him the video I posted here and asked if he had any constructive criticism - he sent me back a recommendation he’s happy for me to use. 

He doesn’t get involved in giving out spots though. If I get a spot I’ll hear by the end of April. If I don’t hear anything then there’s no spot for me.

7 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I spoke to him back in 2019 so had his contact details. Just sent him the video I posted here and asked if he had any constructive criticism - he sent me back a recommendation he’s happy for me to use. 

He doesn’t get involved in giving out spots though. If I get a spot I’ll hear by the end of April. If I don’t hear anything then there’s no spot for me.

Good luck old son 

Paid glasto 

Paid beautiful days. 

Getting nervous now.. 

Also got a few little festivals and Hyde Park for Pearl jam.. 

And a friends bday in benidorm 

Bloody skint now lololol 

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

6886727D-45FA-41DB-A8E7-677113DBF96D.thumb.jpeg.c3d41560a9ec23a751a395e0f159dbc0.jpeg

not sure if this is good news but GPS has been jammed tonight and airspace restricted in our area due to naval movements including the Queen Elizabeth, aircraft carrier and subs.  Seems this is standard practice, hopefully. 

There is / are going to be various countries military exercises in Norway. These were planned pre-Russian invasion of Ukraine.

• Thanks 1