When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

With the nice weather today and predicted even better weather tomorrow you know the reports of people swarming to beaches and parks are going to be an absolute shitshow.

Yup. But as long as at least 80% of people comply, the odd group here or there isnt go make a difference.

Second day of reduced deaths in Spain. Seems positive they're getting through the worse of it

With the nice weather today and predicted even better weather tomorrow you know the reports of people swarming to beaches and parks are going to be an absolute shitshow.

Yeah, think so. I expect there will be a lot more police patrolling certain areas though. If crowded parks and beaches on front pages on Monday morning they will probably get closed.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Don’t forget the newspaper pictures you see will be used as a tool to enforce the message and hopefully won’t be representative of the national picture ....

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Yup. But as long as at least 80% of people comply, the odd group here or there isnt go make a difference.

I totally get that but the issue is then you get people with the attitude "why should they get to do it and I can't?" and then all of a sudden the 80% becomes 60% etc. I am basing this off the fact I've heard some of my own family/friends say it. It's frustrating but what can you do to stop them?

Just now, DareToDibble said:

I totally get that but the issue is then you get people with the attitude "why should they get to do it and I can't?" and then all of a sudden the 80% becomes 60% etc. I am basing this off the fact I've heard some of my own family/friends say it. It's frustrating but what can you do to stop them?

Oh, I agree but the framing of them as being idiots and shamed is generally working I'd say. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t forget the newspaper pictures you see will be used as a tool to enforce the message and hopefully won’t be representative of the national picture ....

Yeah it's a fair point. It just frustrates me that people are so selfish/stubborn. Similar has been posted on here loads of times but why people can't get their heads around the fact that - the longer people don't listen to the rules in place, the longer they'll actually be in place - is beyond me.

Yeah it's a fair point. It just frustrates me that people are so selfish/stubborn. Similar has been posted on here loads of times but why people can't get their heads around the fact that - the longer people don't listen to the rules in place, the longer they'll actually be in place - is beyond me.

Rules aren't 100% clear: a lot of those people are driving a little.bit to go for their walk and are trying to keep socially distant. I dont have an issue with going to a park/beach if you keep away from other people.

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I find myself getting annoyed with best mate who thinks shopping after each ASDA shift is essential because he’s there anyway ... I’ve no idea why people can’t do weekly shops ... he also thought it necessary to pick up a cottage pie his mum made him ... not from the doorstep but going in the house ... it’s so hard when it’s friends and familly ignoring it or just simply not having a clue ... 

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

All the imperial college modelling was based on 75% compliance with non medical interventions. Not excusing anybody not complying, but the assumptions is always that everybody won’t.

And indications are around 85/90% compliance is what I read.

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I find myself getting annoyed with best mate who thinks shopping after each ASDA shift is essential because he’s there anyway ... I’ve no idea why people can’t do weekly shops ... he also thought it necessary to pick up a cottage pie his mum made him ... not from the doorstep but going in the house ... it’s so hard when it’s friends and familly ignoring it or just simply not having a clue ... 

Is he just getting it from Asda? Probably fair enough if he works there!

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Hmm. If they have a plan to ease some restrictions and we don’t end up with a shitshow, then great. Just can’t see how it doesn’t end up a disaster if it’s done in the next few weeks. 

Your government are trying to do the same thing everyone is trying to do, basically following WHO guidelines. Lockdown until the virus slows down. Then with huge amounts of testing and contact tracing track all subsequent cases and isolate them. Realistically lockdown isn’t sustainable for more than 4 to 6 weeks. Once the virus starts to slow down the lockdown starts to become more harmful. The problem at the moment is there isn’t enough of the necessary chemicals on the planet for every country to do as much testing as it needs to do. 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Is he just getting it from Asda? Probably fair enough if he works there!

Yep but it’s the unnecessary that annoys me ... he doesn’t need to go on the shop floor ... most things have a decent enough life to last a week .... nothing is so essential it needs to be daily ... if I run out of something I just lump it ... and do without ... we are far to entitled in this country ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

43 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Second day of reduced deaths in Spain. Seems positive they're getting through the worse of it

Unfortunately, that's not what the models show. If as many as 20% didn't comply, that would make a huge difference to transmission.

47 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Unfortunately, that's not what the models show. If as many as 20% didn't comply, that would make a huge difference to transmission.

If you look at the original imperial college report and the three different scenarios, the modelling for what we are currently doing was based on 75% compliance though. Of course 20% will make a big difference, however it would be setting ourselves up for a massive fall to assume everybody would comply. 75% is likely to be a worst case estimate for human nature, anything above that is a bonus in terms of what we are prepared for and our outcomes. That’s not excusing people not complying, it’s just acknowledging that nobody realistically expects them too. 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

There’s a few people on the beach today, mostly exercising or kite surfing. A few families having picnics, I think most will be local as the car parks are closed. Nothing like two weeks ago where it was rammed.

Potentially good news in keeping people put of hospital

"Gove said new non-invasive ventilator capacity has been secured with the help of UK manufacturers.

A team from UCL working with Mercedes-Benz have produced a new device which has been clinically approved. 200 were produced yesterday, the same will be produced today and tomorrow, rising to 1,000 a day next week, he said."

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Potentially good news in keeping people put of hospital

"Gove said new non-invasive ventilator capacity has been secured with the help of UK manufacturers.

A team from UCL working with Mercedes-Benz have produced a new device which has been clinically approved. 200 were produced yesterday, the same will be produced today and tomorrow, rising to 1,000 a day next week, he said."

I saw that thing on bbc news the other day. Quite a clever little device, it’s not like a traditional ventilator with a big pump, it’s a small box with inputs for air and oxygen that can be mixed accordingly. They were very quick to design it and get it made.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I saw that thing on bbc news the other day. Quite a clever little device, it’s not like a traditional ventilator with a big pump, it’s a small box with inputs for air and oxygen that can be mixed accordingly. They were very quick to design it and get it made.

I think those little boxes are part of the CPAP machines that are used by people with sleep apnea.

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah I heard about the formula 1 team making them. The UK has huge amounts of high end tech engineering companies id expect to see more of this sort of thing.

Mercedes took the lead but all 7 F1 teams with UK factories are taking part in a project to help produce these. There's probably others in other sectors who are likely to be roped in, one would expect.