When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Ugh I'm actually pretty annoyed about this. I've only been going for a walk every other day, locally in the park, for under an hour and trying to stay socially distanced. Was enough to keep me sane when combined with some exercise at home. Now it looks like that might be taken away.

Appreciate I'm lucky to be working and healthy and could be much worse off. But it is grim to think that we might not be allowed to go anywhere other than Tesco for the foreseeable.

Also with him saying this doesn't it just encourage more people to head out today with the worry it might be taken away?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ugh I'm actually pretty annoyed about this. I've only been going for a walk every other day, locally in the park, for under an hour and trying to stay socially distanced. Was enough to keep me sane when combined with some exercise at home. Now it looks like that might be taken away.

Appreciate I'm lucky to be working and healthy and could be much worse off. But it is grim to think that we might not be allowed to go anywhere other than Tesco for the foreseeable.

Also with him saying this doesn't it just encourage more people to head out today with the worry it might be taken away?

this is what Spain and Italy did? If so, then likely we will too...and they'll blame a selfish minority.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Timing is appalling but the parks should all be shut anyway.

its not hard, stay the fuck home!

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

hopefully its just a shot across the bow and gentle encouragement for people not to be twats !!  they will have to keep reenforcing the message as it becomes harder for people ... as it goes on ... I would imagine the police may be used more and more for enforcement purposes 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yup....I can totally see it happening this week. I guess it's just harder to bend the rules if there is nothing to bend. A blanket "you can't go outside unless you're going to the nearest shop or to work' is much easier to enforce. I'm definitely going for a run today in case they take it away from us! Or maybe a long walk so I can be outside for longer.

It's hard not to get annoyed with people who seem to be taking the piss. I live by myself and haven't hung out with anyone in person for two and a half weeks. I've only spoken to a few shop people and one delivery man in that whole time . Yesterday I had a skype with a friend who lives with her partner and they were having their neighbours over for a bbq. Another friend who lives with his partner has been going to his friend's house several times a week to help him build a climbing wall in his garage, claiming its not far away so its not a problem. Somehow it annoys me more that they're doing this because they already have someone else to hang out with at home. I realise that's probably completely irrational, but I've never been more aware of the fact that I am single and live by myself. However, I still don't think it's really my place to say anything (or judge I guess).

I suppose the danger is people seeing other people doing things like this and then thinking that they may as well do the same.

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yup....I can totally see it happening this week. I guess it's just harder to bend the rules if there is nothing to bend. A blanket "you can't go outside unless you're going to the nearest shop or to work' is much easier to enforce. I'm definitely going for a run today in case they take it away from us! Or maybe a long walk so I can be outside for longer.

It's hard not to get annoyed with people who seem to be taking the piss. I live by myself and haven't hung out with anyone in person for two and a half weeks. I've only spoken to a few shop people and one delivery man in that whole time . Yesterday I had a skype with a friend who lives with her partner and they were having their neighbours over for a bbq. Another friend who lives with his partner has been going to his friend's house several times a week to help him build a climbing wall in his garage, claiming its not far away so its not a problem. Somehow it annoys me more that they're doing this because they already have someone else to hang out with at home. I realise that's probably completely irrational, but I've never been more aware of the fact that I am single and live by myself. However, I still don't think it's really my place to say anything (or judge I guess).

I suppose the danger is people seeing other people doing things like this and then thinking that they may as well do the same.

totally not irrational Sas ... Im exactly the same .... my friend had birthday present dropped over for his wife by another  friend yesterday because he was passing to go to the shops ... when in fact hes the opposite end of town ... just completely not necessary :( 

21 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I completely understand why you would be annoyed. Our neighbours were having a party yesterday and I was fucking fuming! But also I've had neighbour disputes in the past and am in no hurry to argue with them so I didn't say anything. Doubt it would have done much good.

Luckily none of my friends or family are behaving that way. I think I would say something if they did.

I'm lucky to live with my partner and I really feel for people living alone. It is really tough. I lived alone for seven years or so and loved it, in part because I knew I had my own private space to retreat to but still could get out and see people when I wanted. Not having that is shit.

Remember though that you are not alone and we are all here to chat. As much consolation as that is. I am finding that helpful myself right now.

Also I think you're right and they will take away the exercise right this week. I reckon tomorrow press conference. What do people do with dogs I wonder? They must still be allowed to walk them, especially without gardens.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I completely understand why you would be annoyed. Our neighbours were having a party yesterday and I was fucking fuming! But also I've had neighbour disputes in the past and am in no hurry to argue with them so I didn't say anything. Doubt it would have done much good.

Luckily none of my friends or family are behaving that way. I think I would say something if they did.

I'm lucky to live with my partner and I really feel for people living alone. It is really tough. I lived alone for seven years or so and loved it, in part because I knew I had my own private space to retreat to but still could get out and see people when I wanted. Not having that is shit.

Remember though that you are not alone and we are all here to chat. As much consolation as that is. I am finding that helpful myself right now.

Also I think you're right and they will take away the exercise right this week. I reckon tomorrow press conference. What do people do with dogs I wonder? They must still be allowed to walk them, especially without gardens.

Hopefully they'll ignore the stirrers. It's a few parks and a few people. Most people insee on my walk are observing the rules.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

100% this. I really honestly don't know what I'd have done without efests, this week especially. I've been struggling a lot with all of this and the people on here have been nothing short of fantastic! 

I'm gonna need to get saving, cos come 2021 I owe loads of you a pint 😆

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hopefully they'll ignore the stirrers. It's a few parks and a few people. Most people insee on my walk are observing the rules.

I hope you're right but I'm fully expecting them to change tack on this. It's been done elsewhere in Europe so it wouldn't be way out of the realms of possibility. I always felt we'd been lucky to keep that exercise right.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to ban all forms of outside exercise because a few seem to flout the rules. Instead of punishing everyone, why don’t they punish those that are flouting the rules!?

I’m in the same boat as a few others here, I live on my own and have kept to the rules for 2 weeks now, venturing out for my weekly food shop and for a walk every day along the prom. Now if the Government decide to take that away too I’ll be furious. I’ll be angry at the people for not keeping to the rules and also the Government for their appalling management of this situation as a whole.

It’s getting annoying constantly hearing ‘stay at home’ when I am staying at home. Do something with the people that aren’t.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I hope you're right but I'm fully expecting them to change tack on this. It's been done elsewhere in Europe so it wouldn't be way out of the realms of possibility. I always felt we'd been lucky to keep that exercise right.

I wonder how will be enforced? I imagine there will be lots of speed walking to the shops.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I wonder how will be enforced? I imagine there will be lots of speed walking to the shops.

It won’t be enforced, it isn’t being enforced now! They’ll keep on blaming everyone for it when they doing nothing anyway.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

except for your allowed 1 hour of exercise.

That does not require the use of a park, and lying down sunbathing is not exercise.

Allowing exercise to begin with was a huge mistake, it just gives people an excuse to take the piss, that combined with the good weather has lead to ‘special’ people who thinks nothing applies to them taking the piss. 
nobody will die from not being able to go for a run but thousands of people are dying from covid19.

people have shown they can’t be trusted so the government needs to be as heavy handed as is required to get this sorted so we can all move on with our lives.