When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Can't really rely on herd immunity through vaccination. Either we keep these restrictions indefinitely or accept an exit wave (or we get lucky again with a booster)

if going to try and reach herd immunity through vaccines + natural infection, don't we want the percentage vaccinated to be as high as possible?

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Next doors kid in the backyard booting the ball against my fence - little shit...

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Personally I am going to ignore the recommendations and encouragement. 

Barry Fish and his caring about anyone but himself shown so clearly.

Try being nice, go on.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, Barry Fish said:

Yeah but there is a question on how fair is it to enter a building asking you to wear one without one ? 

I am not a big of a c**t as you might imagine 🙂  I do respect peoples requests.

41 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57839990

Pretty much everywhere still wanting us to wear masks it seems.

Freedom day my arse Boris.

Personally I am going to ignore the recommendations and encouragement.  Be interesting to see what happens lol.

Changed your mind on that front then?

Edited by mcshed

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Not really...

It's an uncomfortable position to be in to be honest.  If a shop says you must wear a mask to enter I will wear a mask.

If its just a recommendation or request then I will judge how busy it is I think.  I pretty much never shop at busy points so thinking it will be okay.

Thanks for keeping me in check though.

I wonder if they will have people hounding you at the doors still ? or will they respect personal choice ?   Easier to deal with distant tutting than in your face barking.

has that happened to anyone you know yet ? 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

As much as I hate masks this does seem reasonable until we are way beyond the pandemic.  The GP / Hospital clearly has a much higher chance of being around vaccine compromised people for extended periods of time.  

I presume u would be able to recognise someone at risk elsewhere then ? they tend to just go about doing the same things as you ? shopping etc ... ok contact time might not be quite the same ... but why take that chance ?

There will be shops that ask you to wear a mask and shops that don't. The more nervous can go to the former, the ones who really don't want to wear masks can go to the later.

These are the market forces and "the economy" we've been going about for months in practice.

18 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Not really...

It's an uncomfortable position to be in to be honest.  If a shop says you must wear a mask to enter I will wear a mask.

If its just a recommendation or request then I will judge how busy it is I think.  I pretty much never shop at busy points so thinking it will be okay.

Thanks for keeping me in check though.

As I said after the Waterstones announcement I suspect virtually everywhere will have signs asking you to "please wear a face covering" how strictly people take that is yet to be seen.

Re: face coverings

I’ll continue wearing them in areas where they will remain compulsory (e.g. TFL services) and wouldn’t also voluntarily wear one in shops or trains where social distancing is difficult to perform. I won’t be wearing one in an empty shop or train carriage though. 

Happy to do this until all adults have been offered their second vaccine. Come September I’ll bin them if they aren’t compulsory anymore.

I’m definitely not putting a fucking nappy on my face to protect the anti vaxxers 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Very isolated incidents

Why take the chance ?   We have always taken the chance...   Covid isn't the first virus in town.  Should I take it you believe we should always wear a mask from now on just in case we might come across the very few people in society who can't take the vaccine ?  (and it really isn't that many on a national scale)   These people have always faced the gauntlet of other viruses and nasty things out in the world that might make them sick.  Its not really balanced to say I have to wear a mask forever because I might have asymptomatic virus despite having the vaccine that reduces those chances to the 0.00 region...

This kind of exposes the problem and the huge difference of opinion.  Some of you can't operate any balance of risk.  

cant operate any balance of risk ? maybe I just operate a different balance of risk ? 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Re: face coverings

I’ll continue wearing them in areas where they will remain compulsory (e.g. TFL services) and wouldn’t also voluntarily wear one in shops or trains where social distancing is difficult to perform. I won’t be wearing one in an empty shop or train carriage though. 

Happy to do this until all adults have been offered their second vaccine. Come September I’ll bin them if they aren’t compulsory anymore.

I’m definitely not putting a fucking nappy on my face to protect the anti vaxxers 

What if cases+deaths are high and the majority of deaths are in the vaccinated population, because the vast majority of the vulnerable population are vaccinated?  Would you wear a mask in September and beyond then?

38 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Double jabbed to protect myself and others...

Try not being a c**t today maybe ? 

Its always you who kick off the days insults.

So predictable.

If quoting your selfish hate filled comments and suggesting you are nice for a change is insulting to you then that rather sums you up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Its isn't balanced to take the most cautious of approaches at all time.  Feel free to highlight where you don't ? 

if I was taking the most cautious approach I wouldn't have booked gigs , festivals , or been back at work .... do I need to highlight a few more for you ? 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What if cases+deaths are high and the majority of deaths are in the vaccinated population, because the vast majority of the vulnerable population are vaccinated?  Would you wear a mask in September and beyond then?

I guess so, yes. Although that would be alarming as the vaccine is meant to prevent this from happening. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/06/nhs-invites-all-adults-to-get-a-covid-jab-in-final-push/

17th June it was announced that all adults could come forward and book their jabs.
Therefore I really think should have waited until 26th August (10 weeks) before removing mask restrictions - giving allowances for the initial demand  of booking a first jab, plus the advised 8 weeks gap for the second. Any earlier than that, and they’re taking a risk that just isn’t necessary imo. The risk vs reward toss up makes no sense on that one. 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But in theory, deaths shouldnt be that high in a fully vaccinated population. If its a variant, then thats a new pandemic if its that much vaccine escape

Yeah but if you attend those events with a chip on your shoulder that everyone should be vaccinated, wearing a mask and socially distanced then that's where the balance goes out of the window.

Granted you haven't boarded yourself up in your house.

they wont be ... I booked those events back in the summer and before when I had no clue what the rules and guidance might be and I will be going in 1 month time to Beautiful days a sold out 18k festival .... I wear a mask at work for all of my shift because I choose to in those circumstances ... thats my assessment of risk ... the risk to others ... 

and you are such a lovely person who brings joy to everyones life with your passive aggressive bollocks and trolling 🙂  Transparent is the word.

LOLasm again.

You do make me laugh. You read 10% of what someone posts, pigeon hole them swear at them, insult everybody who dares to say anything against you - even when you are being  vile for the sake of being vile  and then try and play the victim card.

Anyone with half a brain sees right through you I am afraid. All too easy.

I do often wonder if this thread's title is actually just about you.

Roll on the 19th when you move on and we never har from you again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Here before covid and here after covid.  And stop describing yourself.

Ah so you telling everyone that as soon as the 19th comes you are moving on and will not post here is another lie. I see.

If I were to describe myself I would use very different words.

Thoughtful, considerate, thinks of others and understands totally that none of this is all about me - I think of the bigger picture and not just what I see when I look in a mirror.

That is me. Certainly doubt you can say any of that honestly about yourself unless everything you post here is a lie that is.

Fish on fishy plankton man

Never said this - you are confusing me with another poster?

I have been posting here for maybe 15 years ? Why would I stop after covid ? 

Maybe you are confusing yourself with all your accounts - you have said it so often.

You might also want to learn sums better - 2010 to now is not 15 years.

I would imagine at Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury - well at least one of them - unless Morrisons is feeling brave 🙂

So you think mask haters will shop at Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys all of who say they will ask customers to wear masks! You did read my post properly didn't you?