When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, foolee said:

This is getting beyond a joke now. Incredibly bad taste and timing that the news of extensions/lockdowns are always leaked prior to being announced, it just shows a lack a caring on the governments part when the decision adversely effect so many businesses. This just seems never ended. What more can we do than vaccinate the population, we need to get back to normal now. 

I agree that it's poor taste in terms of leaks and timing.

But the population isn't vaccinated, that's the whole point of this.....

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

Some great social distancing whilst they sit in the same place around the same people for 10 hours

AAACACD8-7AEE-4CA2-A01D-220E5F97E3AE.jpeg

Everyone at Edgbaston had to have a negative test to enter, so there's no need for social distancing.

I've seen this on here a few times:

'One thing that is often claimed, but attracts scientific scorn, is that the virus must get milder in order to spread more easily'.

BBC News - Covid: Is there a limit to how much worse variants can get?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57431420

7 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I've seen this on here a few times:

'One thing that is often claimed, but attracts scientific scorn, is that the virus must get milder in order to spread more easily'.

BBC News - Covid: Is there a limit to how much worse variants can get?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57431420

Interesting, stupid bloody virus.

56 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I agree that it's poor taste in terms of leaks and timing.

But the population isn't vaccinated, that's the whole point of this.....

The recent data is reaffirming the importance of being fully vaccinated, we should take more time to get many more people 2nd dosed.

I also agree the leaks are ridiculous but what can you do nothing this government does matters it seems like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, sisco said:

And I know it’s a test event but come on enough is enough now, outdoor stuff should be allowed to happen.

I can't dictate how close they decide to sit, even at a test event.

But you can't deny that 22.5k out of 90k is setup for distancing.

Seems to be a lot of mathematicians/statisticians who are, quite rightly, applying mathematical theories and  absolutes, even taking into account confidence intervals, but not accounting for the fact that viruses and nature can unexpectedly do weird and unforeseen things that can render any model useless.

Edited by Copperface

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Everyone at Edgbaston had to have a negative test to enter, so there's no need for social distancing.

Yeah I know, so just say any festival, gig or whatever else can open but need a negative test. 

53 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yay, another phrase to get sick of.

Enough is enough.

Perfectly reasonable. The last week a few of the boffins have let the facade slip by talking about masks and social distancing being a permanent thing.  Its not a crazy or Fringe thing to not find that acceptable.

And I notice the biggest pro lockdown people on here have conspicuously been silent about those comments. 

They said once the most vulnerable have been offered two jabs, we can get rid of these ridiculous restrictions. If they are moving the goalposts, some of us aren't just going to accept it. And we shouldn't.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Perfectly reasonable. The last week a few of the boffins have let the facade slip by talking about masks and social distancing being a permanent thing.  Its not a crazy or Fringe thing to not find that acceptable.

And I notice the biggest pro lockdown people on here have conspicuously been silent about those comments. 

They said once the most vulnerable have been offered two jabs, we can get rid of these ridiculous restrictions. If they are moving the goalposts, some of us aren't just going to accept it. And we shouldn't.

People aren’t ‘pro lockdown’ they just want us to get this thing finished once and for all. Especially now we know how important 2 doses of the vaccines are.

Also the goalposts haven’t been moved they have always said that x date is the earliest possible date, they had delays built into the roadmap for this very reason. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

People aren’t ‘pro lockdown’ they just want us to get this thing finished once and for all. Especially now we know how important 2 doses of the vaccines are.

Also the goalposts haven’t been moved they have always said that x date is the earliest possible date, they had delays built into the roadmap for this very reason. 

Can't up vote anymore but basically this. If you chose to take June 21st as gospel then that was you're doing.

If you choose to take 19th July as gospel it's also you're doing. You can't just ignore the word proposed and pretend it's not there. 

Providing this is what is said then large scale events and events that are risking no insurance will postpone. It's either that or risk no event next year or for the foreseeable as I'm guessing some money has been paid at this stage.

I myself will miss a July event in an indoor club which has no chance. But two August do's I have with cancel probably too. Getting right upto a month out to then cancel is dangerous 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Can't up vote anymore but basically this. If you chose to take June 21st as gospel then that was you're doing.

If you choose to take 19th July as gospel it's also you're doing. You can't just ignore the word proposed and pretend it's not there. 

Providing this is what is said then large scale events and events that are risking no insurance will postpone. It's either that or risk no event next year or for the foreseeable as I'm guessing some money has been paid at this stage.

I myself will miss a July event in an indoor club which has no chance. But two August do's I have with cancel probably too. Getting right upto a month out to then cancel is dangerous 

I don’t mean to sound callous when I say those things above, I really get why some will be upset over a delay. It might not effect me emotionally but for others it will impact them through cancelled events or through mental health reasons. Which is also why I think we need to try to nail this now. 

5 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-57417585

This “quarantine hotel” is slap bang in the middle of the town centre, like couldn’t be more central 😂

Why are we so shit at everything, seriously 

Not blindly defending us, but Australia has a similar setup - which is certainly open for criticism. Most of the quarantine hotels are in the middle of city centres, I stayed in one in the middle of the CBD.