When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Or the most common one. 

Catch covid, feel crap for a few days and then recover and go on with your life. 

I'm in my 30's and I don't know anyone who has only felt 'crap for a few days' in my friendship groups that have had it. Most have had symptoms or post infection issues for several weeks afterward. I.e. lack of energy, shortness of breath and other oddities.

There's no need to downplay the impact COVID can have on people at this point.

2 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Well this 29 year old has just booked his vaccine for *tomorrow*! Hoping to see them continue to get through the youth as speedy as they have with other age brackets!

Ditto, 2pm tomorrow. Buzzing!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Well this 29 year old has just booked his vaccine for *tomorrow*! Hoping to see them continue to get through the youth as speedy as they have with other age brackets!

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Ditto, 2pm tomorrow. Buzzing!

Congrats you 2, hopefully neither of you have any side effects!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Out of 12k cases, 28 had one jab, and just 3 had both. That sounds pretty bloody good to me.

464 went to A&E  of which 126 were admitted... are a lot of people overreacting? 

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Out of 12k cases, 28 had one jab, and just 3 had both. That sounds pretty bloody good to me.

I interpreted that as out of the 126 who were actually admitted hospital. Don't think they're connecting vaccine status to cases yet, though that would be extremely interesting information 

1 minute ago, Radiochicken said:

Feel like I’m on the only one not let in yet 😂

Damn my postcode!

Deffo worth trying every few hours (if you're not already). I couldn't book this morning but then suddenly could early afternoon.

Same with a mate, he couldn't book about an hour ago but just has then! 

People in hospital with COVID-19 (NHS England) is up to 860 and has risen for the 2nd day in a row. 860 is the highest amount since 12th May.

As I said we won't be seeing the impact of these high cases yet as it generally takes around 2 weeks for rising cases to filter through to hospitals. Whilst Matt Hancock might be right that at the moment that data shows encouraging signs it might be too early to fully see just yet. Hopefully the 2 day rise is just a blip but the highest in half a month isn't ideal.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

still doesn't add up...83+28+3 = 114

Who helped him with the math though? @DeanoLor @Havors?

Edited by stuie
only joking guys 😂
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

If this is the case I think they'll meet their target of all over 18s by end of July 

Which is great and a brilliant achievement . But then what?

Three weeks for that first dose to kick in to a limited level then an eight week interval before the second and the highest level we can hope for. Even disregarding the second dose that'll be mid August. If they're basing easing on two doses then we're into Autumn.

Of course, J&J would speed that up but think they have production delays so not sure exactly when that comes onstream.

Interesting dilemma but I can see a lot of stuff being opened up on 21st or a few weeks after, but large capacity festivals? September maybe, but they'll take this cautiously.......

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

People in hospital with COVID-19 (NHS England) is up to 860 and has risen for the 2nd day in a row. 860 is the highest amount since 12th May.

As I said we won't be seeing the impact of these high cases yet as it generally takes around 2 weeks for rising cases to filter through to hospitals. Whilst Matt Hancock might be right that at the moment that data shows encouraging signs it might be too early to fully see just yet. Hopefully the 2 day rise is just a blip but the highest in half a month isn't ideal.

It's been around 3k mark for a good few weeks now. Jumped to 5-6k over the last week so yeah interesting to see the hospital numbers in 2 weeks from then. 

That said though 12th May we were at 2k cases not much increase considering we opened up much more on 17th. Admissions are very flat. 

image.thumb.png.4e954b60bd2be7dbf09e26f69accf846.png

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Which is great and a brilliant achievement . But then what?

Three weeks for that first dose to kick in to a limited level then an eight week interval before the second and the highest level we can hope for. Even disregarding the second dose that'll be mid August. If they're basing easing on two doses then we're into Autumn.

Of course, J&J would speed that up but think they have production delays so not sure exactly when that comes onstream.

Interesting dilemma but I can see a lot of stuff being opened up on 21st or a few weeks after, but large capacity festivals? September maybe, but they'll take this cautiously.......

I still don't understand why testing to go in these events can't be done, why would that cause massive spread if we keep masks on public transport? That part feels over cautious to me 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

1st dose ramping up from the weekend in mass vaccination centre locally ... looks like a push with the opening up to the over 25s ... 

Good to see. I was just looking at Ozannes post... I was wondering why did we seem to drop the ball with banging the vaccines out? We were smashing like 700k a day and then slowed right down... as we moved towards unlocking. Seems mad?