When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Belgium are trying out 'social bubbles ' were you can invite up to 4 people into your house from other households. Wonder if we will do that soon, since I get the impression people are doing it anyway.

This confuses me ... how can this work ? Unless the 4 have to be agreed and locked in ? And one of those households can’t have a different 4 ? 

I cant see that glasto wont go ahead next year. We already seem to be struggling with a lock down and already rules are being relaxed and there is anecdotal evidence of unrest with the lockdown amongst some of the public, after only a few weeks. If this has to carry on for another year then society I think would break down in terms of people saying sod that. I have noticed that in the past week shopping, more couples going and more groups of young adults going and people less rigorous in maintaining social distance. If this needs to carry on for another 6 months or more then I dont think we would be able to do it as a nation, restrictions would.be lifted and the Government would rely on everyone getting it and herdimmunity taking over. Restriictions would be relaxed not least because of the impact it would have on jobs, peoples sanity (most importantly) and the economy which would collapse

Edited by dingbat2

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Belgium are trying out 'social bubbles ' were you can invite up to 4 people into your house from other households. Wonder if we will do that soon, since I get the impression people are doing it anyway.

Yeh, this is interesting...I haven't seen it described as a "closed bubble" e.g. you and plus four people can make see each other but none of you can see anyone else. I know that wouldn't work for a lot of people, but I'd be happy with it for a while (and much preferable to this)

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This confuses me ... how can this work ? Unless the 4 have to be agreed and locked in ? And one of those households can’t have a different 4 ? 

Yeah the four are locked in. Each household has to agree the whole 4

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think New Zealand are going to try this. You nominate a few people such as relatives or close friends and they can visit you or vice versa. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Think New Zealand are going to try this. You nominate a few people such as relatives or close friends and they can visit you or vice versa. 

So can they have a completely different 3 other people ? Or does the 4 have to be Fred , bill , John ,James ? Because otherwise you would end up with multiple combinations of different people with different households ? 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So can they have a completely different 3 other people ? Or does the 4 have to be Fred , bill , John ,James ? Because otherwise you would end up with multiple combinations of different people with different households ? 

Not sure, all I know is that my daughter has nominated her child minder so she and her husband can sometimes get into their office. As they move from one level to another then can nominate someone else to join their bubble. Initially it was only close relatives or partners they were separated from.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

i will only start worrying about glasto 2021 being cancelled if we are set for a second wave... which hangs on this announcement in my opinion.

A second wave will be the worst thing and I don't think people are ready for it. A second wave will cancel christmas... just putting it out there. I don't think people are ready.

And before it's said "people won't stand for it"... they said that last time. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd love my daughter and wife to be able to hug their mum/grandma who lives round the corner and haven't broken the rules even on her birthday. Social bubbles would sort that one right out.

I think we would all second that. One of the hardest things for us is missing contact with grandkids, the wee one, 9 months  old has just started crawling, teeth appearing and just growing up so fast, missed all that.  Hopefully if social bubbles for close relatives are allowed they are adhered to properly and not abused by folk disobeying the rules 

I'm getting very sick and tired of them just saying with 'people in your household'. What about people like me that don't live with anyone? I'm practically forgotten. Why should family X be allowed to go and play sport outside but I can't all because they are in a household together.

• Upvote 2

Surprised he gave some actual dates, but the rest...pfft. 

No idea what this actually means in practice. Seemed to suggest you can drive anywhere to exercise but I don't think that's the case?

Edited by jparx