• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

Just now, shoptildrop said:

Yep and refusing to give clear exit triggers... we're in this til March :(

'we haven't said hands, face and space yet' right at the end of the conference. He's such a clown.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just 78 cases per 100,000 here today .... its nothing !!!  ..... 3 weeks ago 0-2 cases ..... they've fucked it with  no circuit breaker . missed the chance :( 

Still insane that by the governments own september metric of putting places in lockdown with 20 plus cases per 100,000, we would be in a national lockdown.

A lot of people on her talk about how a regional approach is the right approach, but the government have moved the goalposts for a regional approach.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

its an interesting discussion .... you wouldn't personally catch it by shopping online .... but what about the person working  in the wearhouse , the packing , the distribution at some point during that chain someone is at risk , fewer people out and about might reduce the risk overall though ..... Limiting product sales in a supermarket would be an absolute nightmare ... what should be done is some kind of levelling up though 

Supermarkets are perfectly capable of closing booze aisles outside of licencensing hours so they could fairly easily close off their clothes sections, particularly as these areas tend to be distinct on their own at the front of the shop. 

I admit non-essentials embedded within the shop would be harder.

I don't actually think it makes that much sense for these things to be stopped but if the government says one business has to close whilst a competitor who is just as much a disease risk can open then there should be some form of compensation.

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Not sure if I missed it but there wasn’t anything about West Yorkshire heading into tier 3? There were rumours that it’s on the cards. 

Apparently they dodged the bullet for another week.. saw a tweet by one of the council or MPs the other day

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Supermarkets are perfectly capable of closing booze aisles outside of licencensing hours so they could fairly easily close off their clothes sections, particularly as these areas tend to be distinct on their own at the front of the shop. 

I admit non-essentials embedded within the shop would be harder.

I don't actually think it makes that much sense for these things to be stopped but if the government says one business has to close whilst a competitor who is just as much a disease risk can open then there should be some form of compensation.

my shop has probably 40 locations for booze within the shop .... closing clothes would be easier .... what happens to these workers then ? are you allowed alcohol when home shopping ? Licensing hours dont really exist in supermarkets anymore .... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

my shop has probably 40 locations for booze within the shop .... closing clothes would be easier .... what happens to these workers then ? are you allowed alcohol when home shopping ? Licensing hours dont really exist in supermarkets anymore .... 

They do up here in Scotland so the booze stays in the booze aisle and tensa barriers close it off before/after 10:00 am/pm.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

💔

I mean I like Starmer in that he is serious, sensible etc which is something we definitely need at the moment...but I don't know...he seems to lack passion, an  x-factor...I'm no fan of Bojo but people obviously like him...and I don't know, Burnham just comes across as caring more. Maybe Starmer can develop this more..but..if he's not careful he'll just be seen as a bit boring. 

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

They do up here in Scotland so the booze stays in the booze aisle and tensa barriers close it off before/after 10:00 am/pm.

its a  free for all down south :)  

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

By my calculation, Spaffer has worked at least 3 days this week. Poor, overworked lamb! I hope he's put in his overtime claim! 😄

maybe hes going to take part in that new 1 day a week work scheme set up by his mate 

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean I like Starmer in that he is serious, sensible etc which is something we definitely need at the moment...but I don't know...he seems to lack passion, an  x-factor...I'm no fan of Bojo but people obviously like him...and I don't know, Burnham just comes across as caring more. Maybe Starmer can develop this more..but..if he's not careful he'll just be seen as a bit boring. 

God, I crave boring, competent leadership these days.

Bit like a referee, you shouldn't really notice they are there - everything just works as it should.

The minute they start shouting at the opposition or waving the union jack, it's to make up for them being fundamentally bad at steering the country.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1