When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Made front page of Mirror...but yeah, not much elsewhere. There is a lot going on though.

I agree that especially during this crisis when people are struggling they should make sure every child eats properly...it is not the fault of the child that they are in the circumstance they are in. But, I also think this country should just have a bigger, better welfare system like those wonderful anti maskers in Sweden.

You won’t get that with the Tories in charge sadly, they only care about lining their pockets and their mates. The fact that some chose to focus on a Tory being called a bad word instead of this horror epitomes this country at the moment. I think it’s a direct result of 10 years of Tory rule.

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

What can we do? any suggestions for something like this welcome. - 

Setting up a group doesn't help - it's just preaching to the converted. We have to reach out to friends, family, anyone that voted for this lot and somehow still thinks they're doing a good job. And we don't belittle them, or call them scum, but talk to them, understand their concerns, and highlighting the worst, most self-serving things the Tories are doing (without looking like a conspiracy theorist).

The key is listening to people, not just telling them what to think.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Let me be clear, the Tories voting against free school meals for kids is an absolute disgrace. Marcus Rashford, for someone clearly of a leftist persuasion, is an excellent role model for how people should act. Instead of delving into woke nonsense, he's identified an area where things need to change and came up with a very achievable policy that the government have chosen to ignore. It's a very strange hill for them to die on and it absolutely has cut through into those who don't normally follow politics, including people who are naturally Tory inclined voters. 

It's a bloody disgrace and there has very rightfully been an outcry about it.

you ruined it by saying woke nonsense.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Setting up a group doesn't help - it's just preaching to the converted. We have to reach out to friends, family, anyone that voted for this lot and somehow still thinks they're doing a good job. And we don't belittle them, or call them scum, but talk to them, understand their concerns, and highlighting the worst, most self-serving things the Tories are doing (without looking like a conspiracy theorist).

This is where the left have been going wrong for a decade IMO. The reason the Tories won such a stomping majority was two-fold. Firstly, in Northern leave voting areas, people felt that their vote for Brexit was being ignored. Secondly, in Southern Tory/LD marginal, remain friendly but right wing economically seats, people sided with the Tories because a Corbyn government was the thing that they feared the most because he wasn't seen to uphold British values.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

What do they class as non-essential?

If anyone thinks alcohol isn’t an essential item hasn’t seen someone go through alcohol withdrawal. 

Also if I don’t get my chocolate fix I get hangry. 🤯

I'd be amazed if this actually happens, just some sole traders getting uppity by the sounds of it.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I'd be amazed if this actually happens, just some sole traders getting uppity by the sounds of it.

How lovely. Don’t you go looking for sympathy on here when you are worried about how things are going? Yet you’ll constantly make snarky remarks about others. Show some concern or empathy for a change. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Ozanne said:

How lovely. Don’t you go looking for sympathy on here when you are worried about how things are going? Yet you’ll constantly make snarky remarks about others. Show some concern or empathy for a change. 

So you think supermarkets in Wales should be banned from selling certain items?

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What do they class as non-essential?

If anyone thinks alcohol isn’t an essential item hasn’t seen someone go through alcohol withdrawal. 

Also if I don’t get my chocolate fix I get hangry. 🤯

Tricky to decide what is and isn't essential. If I want to treat myself to a new pair of shoes, that's obviously non-essential. If I've only got 1 pair of shoes, they've got a hole in them and we're heading into winter, that's a bit more essential.

20 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

you have to put your arm around them and whisper gently..."look, just vote labour you stupid fuckin racist scumbag".

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

@Toilet Duck as the most trusted source on all things vaccine here.

Your comments please... :D

Howdy...So, this really just tells us that it was well designed in the first place. It's basically doing exactly what they wanted it to do, however, it tells us very little in terms of whether it will definitely work or not. Interestingly, while this is a pretty in depth look at how the vaccine as constructed makes the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to generate an immune response, it's really the kind of stringent analytical analysis that would be done at the pre-clinical development stage (long before a vaccine ever makes it into clinical trials...it's basically a good way of selecting out vaccine candidates that are likely to work better than others). That it has been completed while we are in the middle of the phase 3 trial for the vaccine in question shows you just how quickly the development has moved. Normally it takes years to go through these steps, using the data generated at each stage to convince somebody to pay for the next step. The normal development time for vaccines (and how those records are being broken during the pandemic) is often cited as a reason to be wary of the safety of what emerges, but many of the stumbling blocks on the way to translating new discoveries into something we can use are down to who is going to pay for it. Those barriers have been removed this time, so with the financial shackles off, science can move pretty rapidly! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Tricky to decide what is and isn't essential. If I want to treat myself to a new pair of shoes, that's obviously non-essential. If I've only got 1 pair of shoes, they've got a hole in them and we're heading into winter, that's a bit more essential.

The test is "Are shoe shops open?" If Clarkes can't sell shoes why can Tesco?

32 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't really have friends and family in my life that vote tory. My dad lives in Scotland, my only over family is all around my generation and avid labour supporters. My friends are the same, we have discussions about the best routes forward but literally I don't talk to Tories (not on purpose or principle) 

But what are some talking points for actually voting tory? 
Like most people will tell you their concerns over immigrants, woke culture, etc. When those are fabricated issues by the tory party. 
You want to tell someone how they are being swindled and they bring up something like Tories are hard on immigrants - Then you've already lost the argument in a way, because you are not arguing an actual issue, but a fabricated one.