When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen an episode of Taskmaster.  My son is a huge fan and when he lived at home he used to have it on all the time but I only ever saw a few bits and pieces in passing.  He's been in the audience a couple of times I think.  It's one of those programs that I will one day get around to loving I am sure and there's a huge trove of back catalogue for me to enjoy when I do.  I love Gregg Davies if only for the 'disgusted middle class man' face he pulls in reaction to almost anything, like a more respectable Rik Mayall.

I don't watch a lot of telly.

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen an episode of Taskmaster.  My son is a huge fan and when he lived at home he used to have it on all the time but I only ever saw a few bits and pieces in passing.  He's been in the audience a couple of times I think.  It's one of those programs that I will one day get around to loving I am sure and there's a huge trove of back catalogue for me to enjoy when I do.  I love Gregg Davies if only for the 'disgusted middle class man' face he pulls in reaction to almost anything, like a more respectable Rik Mayall.

I don't watch a lot of telly.

Greg Davies is great. All Greg’s are great. Greg Normal. Gregg Wallace. Greggs the bakers. Greg Taylor the footballer. Greg Rusedski. IMO, the country should be ran entirely by people named Greg. 

44 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Wonder if we’ll ever have that many people actually asking for a test 

The 500k figure is a bit misleading tbh because it's made up of 120,000 anti body tests that they're only using 5,000 a day. 

Of the actual PCR tests usage is running at about 80-85% of the capacity 350-380,000 capacity.

Even on just PCR tests capacity is 380,000. 

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Greg Davies is great. All Greg’s are great. Greg Normal. Gregg Wallace. Greggs the bakers. Greg Taylor the footballer. Greg Rusedski. IMO, the country should be ran entirely by people named Greg. 

Thank you. I agree

• Like 2

Just now, steviewevie said:

So...anyone watch the US presidential debate? Did Biden win? Guardian seems to think so but you know...it's the Guardian.

I saw a fair amount of it.

Personally I'd say the first debate told you much more about the candidates, despite - or perhaps because of - the chaos.

Because last night was more calm there was more chance to listen, and what jumped out at me was the massive absence of policy from both of them. Essentially, Biden's pitch was "I'm not Trump" and Trump's pitch was "I'm not Biden". 

I wouldn't say there was a winner as such, although I have a feeling last night might have restored some of Trump's lost voters rather than encouraged more votes for Biden.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...anyone watch the US presidential debate? Did Biden win? Guardian seems to think so but you know...it's the Guardian.

Just watched some clips - a lot of it was about coronavirus it seems, which can't be good for Trump. Seems like it was also a much better debate too, and the moderator did a much better job than last time.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I saw a fair amount of it.

Personally I'd say the first debate told you much more about the candidates, despite - or perhaps because of - the chaos.

Because last night was more calm there was more chance to listen, and what jumped out at me was the massive absence of policy from both of them. Essentially, Biden's pitch was "I'm not Trump" and Trump's pitch was "I'm not Biden". 

I wouldn't say there was a winner as such, although I have a feeling last night might have restored some of Trump's lost voters rather than encouraged more votes for Biden.

If there wasn’t a winner that means Biden won. Trump needs a knockout blow to win over the swaves of voters to turn this around. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

If there wasn’t a winner that means Biden won. Trump needs a knockout blow to win over the swaves of voters to turn this around. 

yeah...I mean Biden just has to do the I'm not Trump and try and not screw up too much. Hopefully it's enough. Still not over confident Trump won't somehow win though.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...I mean Biden just has to do the I'm not Trump and try and not screw up too much. Hopefully it's enough. Still not over confident Trump won't somehow win though.

There’s more chance of a Biden landslide than there is of Trump winning. 

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

Not sure about that.

I don't think Biden did enough to win over any voters who hadn't already decided to vote for him.

I do think Trump did enough to show a bit of sanity and grasp of detail that he's shown little of before, that might cause people who'd decided not to vote this time to vote for Trump after all.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not sure about that.

I don't think Biden did enough to win over any voters who hadn't already decided to vote for him.

I do think Trump did enough to show a bit of sanity and grasp of detail that he's shown little of before, that might cause people who'd decided not to vote this time to vote for Trump after all.

I am. Trump is 10 points behind in the polls. A draw is good news for Biden.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not sure about that.

Biden doesn’t need to switch over any Trump voters to win this election, and nearly a 3rd of voters have voted already. Trump according to polls is the one who needs to switch voters over.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
According to these guys Biden has an 87 out of 100 chance of winning the election. 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I am. Trump is 10 points behind in the polls. A draw is good news for Biden.

if tomorrow Trump is 9 points behind then Trump won last night. :P 

I didn't say Trump might have won the election last night, I just suggested that it was hard to see how it was a win for Biden and that Trump might have picked up some extra votes.

Edited by eFestivals

I thought Biden came out a little ahead, Trump mostly wanted to focus on personal digs but did better talking about policy, Biden wanted to focus on how Trump was still saying he had a plan but after 4 years hadn't shown evidence of one, like his tax returns everything was always coming but never comes.

Biden to win comfortably, I think, in a couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

so after the initial 2 minutes it's back to the usual chaos? I wonder if Trump will try a different tactic, try to be nicer, interrupt less, show more empathy for those affected by the pandemic...I doubt it's possible. Biden just need to keep calm, try and ignore him, and keep talking into the camera at the watching public and be the only grown up in the room.

Sounds like you weren't far off! Read yesterday that Biden needs 'a boring 0-0 draw'. Appears that is pretty much what transpired.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Biden doesn’t need to switch over any Trump voters to win this election, and nearly a 3rd of voters have voted already. Trump according to polls is the one who needs to switch voters over.

Hmmm. That assumes that Trump is losing because Republicans have switched to the Dems.

While it's obvious some have, with turnout tending to be only around 50% there's also likely to be plenty of voters voting Dem who didn't vote last time, and voters who voted for Trump last time who are going to sit this one out.

I'm suggesting Trump might have encouraged some of those no-voters to vote for him after all - which isn't about switching voters from the Dems.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if tomorrow Trump is 9 points behind then Trump won last night. :P 

I didn't say Trump might have won the election last night, I just suggested that it was hard to see how it was a win for Biden and that Trump might have picked up some extra votes.

I think the point Ozanne was making is that as long as Biden doesn't lose significant ground then that's a win for him given his position in the polls.

I.e. Trump needed a knockout blow to have a good chance in the election.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1