When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

They are still spreading it though. The unvaccinated person who has not go the virus is safer for the other people in the pub than the jabbed person in the pub who might be carrying it. 

Either let people manage their own risk or require a negative test from everyone. 

On that visit maybe, but the vaccinated person is much less likely to catch it, so less likely to cause any further infections.

4 hours ago, incident said:

I think we're talking at cross purposes here because the way I'm reading your posts is that you're suggesting campsites won't accept customers arriving before July - but obviously that can't be your intention.

Many campsites are planning, assuming the Government don't push back the date, to open from April 12th - as in, they'll accept customers on that date. None are waiting until July. You can go on pitchup.com now and book for multiple Newquay campsites throughout the second half of April.

Yes, my intention was to say campsites open but not for tent camping bases so apologies from my end.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Maybe not knowingly, but by hinting that they might be allowed against all logic and evidence at the time) it's helped

Wait until they tell us its our patrotic duty to go out and spend in May - we'll see how much they care about people's financial state then!  

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Compliance until some easing. There are so many people seeing each other in gardens and out and about this weekend - I don't think it's a coincidence that they're backtracking on that now . I doubt anything has actually changed but if they'd just said in February the real plan people would've seen it as so far away before any real normality that they may have reduced their compliance at that point.

I agree with @steviewevie - they need to wait til everyone has had two vaccines to remove social distancing. This was always the case, and their timelines and roadmap never made any sense at all. But everyone focused on 21st June for almost 6 weeks despite how illogical it sounded. Job done, people distracted for a bit longer. Now they've moved the carrot a little further into the future, just hold on a little more and you'll get your freedom back.

Unfortunately September is closely followed by the winter flu season, when it's completely unrealistic to begin a fully normal existence due to all the reasons we need to wait til September, that we don't know the vaccines fully work, we don't know if the vulnerable are fully protected until we see out a whole winter with the vaccines in play

I don't think social distancing will end until summer 2022. If we move away from what we want to happen and look at things realistically, there is no other way this can go 

Said all this from the off. The Government were clever in setting out a clear from * point for everything after March and WE ALL knew this. Festival announced off the basis of this knowing the chances were a risk but needed the sellouts they knew they would get after 18 months of harbored events. Festivals sell out and any of them still to announce acts can be announced way later and not be of any significant cost at all because a promoter needs to save money etc.

The government passports had already been noted as not being sorted out until everyone has been vaccined and I get that in a way as it's complicated for a lot of events to attend/sell until so. If you are walking into events with 35k plus people they want to know with full proof that you are covered because they cannot risk an outbreak at end of August September events before the Autumn and Winter kicks in again. Either way I think you can fully forget July. All of those smaller July/August start festivals, the people will be waiting for the majority between end of July and 2nd week of August for their vaccine due to the age range of attendee. That then means potentially last week August into September for the 3 weeks after that. Then comes your passports hence the September/October dates. Football will get a majority of fans for the next season, music will suffer heavily. Spain are doing overall better than we are and they are pretty much in the case I believe of nothing happen bar very minor if possible in September and Belgium too.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, my intention was to say campsites open but not for tent camping bases so apologies from my end.

Said all this from the off. The Government were clever in setting out a clear from * point for everything after March and WE ALL knew this. Festival announced off the basis of this knowing the chances were a risk but needed the sellouts they knew they would get after 18 months of harbored events. Festivals sell out and any of them still to announce acts can be announced way later and not be of any significant cost at all because a promoter needs to save money etc.

The government passports had already been noted as not being sorted out until everyone has been vaccined and I get that in a way as it's complicated for a lot of events to attend/sell until so. If you are walking into events with 35k plus people they want to know with full proof that you are covered because they cannot risk an outbreak at end of August September events before the Autumn and Winter kicks in again. Either way I think you can fully forget July. All of those smaller July/August start festivals, the people will be waiting for the majority between end of July and 2nd week of August for their vaccine due to the age range of attendee. That then means potentially last week August into September for the 3 weeks after that. Then comes your passports hence the September/October dates. Football will get a majority of fans for the next season, music will suffer heavily. Spain are doing overall better than we are and they are pretty much in the case I believe of nothing happen bar very minor if possible in September and Belgium too.

A whole year written off when we'll almost definitely have zero deaths and very few cases for the whole summer. The vulnerable are mainly protected from dying and neeing hospitals yet we still need to not do anything fun to protect them, and get two lots of vaccine to protect them also. 

Calls into question whether it'll ever be safe...Im not convinced. Those who were vulnerable but now vaccinated, will be at the same amount of risk in June this year as June next year. 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

I don’t understand why all of you good people don’t just use your logic as to the risks going forward?

I’ve genuinely given up on following the nonsense the government is putting out there.

We all have access to data which shows case rates in our area, vaccination rate & risk to our current age / health circumstances etc. Surely that’s enough to make informed decisions?

Hell if you’re still worried you can get a lateral flow test in a flash to put your mind at ease.

I’ve never attended a protest in my life but if the government extend this nonsense any longer even I might be tempted to attend some sort of anti lockdown one 😂

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Chawk said:

whoever would have been vaccinated on genuine grounds without lying to get it. There's 25 million people mostly in at risk groups still to get the 2nd dose 

Obviously 1 person lying isn't going go to cause any crisis but it's still delaying someone who is higher up the priority list in your local area.

it's probably not a true story anyway

They will still get their second doses when they're due.

Everyone who needs it more than someone in their 40s can access it if they choose to.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I don’t understand why all of you good people don’t just use your logic as to the risks going forward?

I’ve genuinely given up on following the nonsense the government is putting out there.

We all have access to data which shows case rates in our area, vaccination rate & risk to our current age / health circumstances etc. Surely that’s enough to make informed decisions?

Hell if you’re still worried you can get a lateral flow test in a flash to put your mind at ease.

I’ve never attended a protest in my life but if the government extend this nonsense any longer even I might be tempted to attend some sort of anti lockdown one 😂

Maybe because some people are still concerned about the virus and the spread of it. Plus some people still want to follow the rules and do what they consider is the right thing to do.

You don’t which is totally fair enough but I don’t think you need to keep on saying you are breaking the rules just do it if you are going to do it. 

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

A whole year written off when we'll almost definitely have zero deaths and very few cases for the whole summer. The vulnerable are mainly protected from dying and neeing hospitals yet we still need to not do anything fun to protect them, and get two lots of vaccine to protect them also. 

Calls into question whether it'll ever be safe...Im not convinced. Those who were vulnerable but now vaccinated, will be at the same amount of risk in June this year as June next year. 

I've always been of the opinion that the country should be seeing zero deaths and cases in the very low of 20s to 50s and below even before we do anything. If we carried out procedures from start that countries did that happen to be at that point then we would be a lot better now but in reality we took 10 months to act on it properly.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Use your logic all you want but logic from us doesn't control what we can do in the future, the government does.

Why would you want to get a basic test that just leads to a proper covid test if needed?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe because some people are still concerned about the virus and the spread of it. Plus some people still want to follow the rules and do what they consider is the right thing to do.

You don’t which is totally fair enough but I don’t think you need to keep on saying you are breaking the rules just do it if you are going to do it. 

I'm happy to follow rules that make sense, and have done throughout- and the timeline feels about right for unlocking. These ridiculous other ideas though? Why, nobody can talk about how they are of use from a public health perspective just a 'make people safe' arguement without explanation.

All this nonsense about passports / certificates needs to be recognised for what it is though - if the virus is still a threat by the time everyone who wants a vaccine has had one it always will be so we might aswell just get on with it whatever and if people are actually concerned by it the they can choose to stay locked up forever. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've always been of the opinion that the country should be seeing zero deaths and cases in the very low of 20s to 50s and below even before we do anything. If we carried out procedures from start that countries did that happen to be at that point then we would be a lot better now but in reality we took 10 months to act on it properly.

Use your logic all you want but logic from us doesn't control what we can do in the future, the government does.

Why would you want to get a basic test that just leads to a proper covid test if needed?

One takes 30 minutes the other takes as long as it takes and you have to go somewhere to take it? 

Governments shouldn't exist to control - 15 months ago would you have said that governments are here to control us? 

8 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I'm happy to follow rules that make sense, and have done throughout- and the timeline feels about right for unlocking. These ridiculous other ideas though? Why, nobody can talk about how they are of use from a public health perspective just a 'make people safe' arguement without explanation.

All this nonsense about passports / certificates needs to be recognised for what it is though - if the virus is still a threat by the time everyone who wants a vaccine has had one it always will be so we might aswell just get on with it whatever and if people are actually concerned by it the they can choose to stay locked up forever. 

Exactly. That's what I think is being forgotten that a vaccine does not eliminate everything completely but a passport certainly gives definite confirmation you have everything you can to protect others. Unfortunately the cards they have you could easy be faked.

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

One takes 30 minutes the other takes as long as it takes and you have to go somewhere to take it? 

Governments shouldn't exist to control - 15 months ago would you have said that governments are here to control us? 

I would actually because if it's not this it's something else. They've been controlling us on taxes and whatever else for years. They run the country...not to this point but they not had this to deal with before.

It does yes but if signs show you have to get the 48 hr one anyway. They did it at my work.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly. That's what I think is being forgotten that a vaccine does not eliminate everything completely but a passport certainly gives definite confirmation you have everything you can to protect others. Unfortunately the cards they have you could easy be faked.

So why do we not need to protect people on the tube or in essential or non essential shops, or buses, trains, babers gyms and Tesco? 

Does the virus not spread in those places, or are they going to be subject to social distancing forever? If it's about 'protecting others' are people not worth protecting everywhere? 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The Brexit people used to be the crazy idiots back in the 90s and 00s until they became political mainstream.  

I expect the future anti lockdown party to become mainstream much quicker.

That would be more nutty as there's no workable alternative for infection control.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That would be more nutty as there's no workable alternative for infection control.

Sweden have gone a whole year into the pandemic without one. Only now are they starting to implement measures and even still, it’s less strict than even our tier 2 measures. 

With regards to vaccination passports, one thing I haven’t seen mentioned is what happens to those of us who have been participating on vaccine trials?

As far as I know, because the vaccines had not been approved by the MHRA when we received them, our NHS records don’t actually show that we have been vaccinated. 
Seems a bit unfair if the thousands of people who took part in trials can’t prove they have been vaccinated and end up continually having to take tests to show they aren’t carrying anything.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Sweden have gone a whole year into the pandemic without one. Only now are they starting to implement measures and even still, it’s less strict than even our tier 2 measures. 

It wasn't a popular choice a was condsidered a failure within the country it's choosing to allow people to die that could have been saved. There's structural reasons why it worked for them But wouldn't have worked as well here.itsa built like claiming the UK could have done the NZ and Australia solution when there's differences which mean we could not.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

It wasn't a popular choice a was condsidered a failure within the country it's choosing to allow people to die that could have been saved. There's structural reasons why it worked for them But wouldn't have worked as well here.itsa built like claiming the UK could have done the NZ and Australia solution when there's differences which mean we could not.

Sweden again? fuckin'ell.

I prefer the Norway model.